“A Great Escape But Not Necessarily With Kids” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parker Palm Springs

Save Saved
You added Parker Palm Springs to your Saves list
Parker Palm Springs
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4200 E Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92264 (Formerly Le Meridien)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$159 (USD)
Ranked #17 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs
Glendale, California
“A Great Escape But Not Necessarily With Kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Parker's grounds were simply gorgeous and me and my kids had a great time sitting in little alcoves and relaxing in the hammocks. Had fun with the giant sized chessboard and ping pong on the sand. The croquet lawn was precious and we would have loved to play if it hadn't of been too hot when we stumbled upon it. The staff was professional, courteous, and always ready to help. The spa was divine, and I was lucky enough to travel with my mother in law who helped me with the kids while I indulged. Rooms were spacious and well maintained. We could smell jasmine and honeysuckle from our balcony. Only gripe is the family pool. For me it wasn't the size but the fact that the family pool didn't have a bathroom nearby. You have to walk quite a ways to get to the nearest one and if you have kids you know that's a problematic. By the middle of the afternoon the hot tub water (which is perfectly nice and warm for the kids not HOT) was yellow. You can imagine why. The decor is fantastically hip and a great nod to mid century modern- tongue in chic while paying homage. My kids actually loved it, my oldest - 8- really enjoyed sitting in the hanging chairs in the lobby.

Room Tip: If you're staying with kids, get a patio room by the pool or you won't have a bathroom nearb...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear KerriT769,

We're tickled pink that you so thoroughly enjoyed all of the unique and luxurious elements of the Estate. The Parker Palm Springs provides a wide variety of private areas and activities that leaving the Estate is simply not a thought.

Your observation of the restroom access at the Silicon Valley pool is a new point not previously expressed by our guests. It provides us an opportunity to consider and find a solution.

Thank you for your constructive observation and loyalty.

1,089 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall a great fun and unique hotel stay - good for groups, families, couples - the whole gamut.

Hotel grounds and services have lots to offer- an Alice in Wonderland-ish maze layout with lots of quirky past times from croquet to smores at the firepit (order from room service!) - and a pretty stunning spa.

Our stay fell between Spring break and Coachella but we did have a huge wedding party take place that same weekend and the 30 year old somethings guests did come across as teenage spring breakers taking over the entire (adult) pool.

Room on ground floor south building had sweet views of the garden but could hear the water pipes (and more) from the upper floor so perhaps worth requesting a upper level room to avoid such noises.

Overall fun - would recommend to try at least once!

Room Tip: Try the higher floor rooms!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear paristexas999,

The Estate has a unique ability to transport our guests to a happy place! A place where you can appreciate beauty without pretension and luxury without formality.

When you're next ready for a weekend of indulgence please contact us so we can prepare another amazing weekend.

Looking forward to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice hotel, poor level of service for the high tariff. I made my reservations months ago, prepaid for two rooms, one of the rooms was to be a double, yet when I arrived as a late arrival they had apparently "given it away" to another guest. When I insisted on getting the rooms I had prepaid for, the clerk excused herself and went talk with a manager. After several minutes, she returned and stated that she couldn't help me and all she could do is provide a "rollaway" bed. I reluctantly agreed to this solution. After an hour of waiting for the rollaway, I called the front desk, and they informed me that they were all out of rollaways, and forgot to call! It felt like intentionally bad service. This venue calls itself a "four star" venue, I would rate it a "negative" star! This place is way over-rated. If you want to pay a large fee for a terrible place, this is your destination. Otherwise avoid it like the plague!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear DoctorDubious,

Your experience is very disappointing to read. It is not indicative of the personal touches and attention to detail we embrace.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak further should you be willing. Please feel free to contact me at bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Came to the Parker for a close friend's wedding... ended up being the most perfect place to hunker down with all our friends for the weekend. Loved the design of the hotel, and the grounds are like a lush rainforest.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear impossibilia,

We're pleased that your friend's good fortune presented the opportunity for you to experience the Parker Palm Springs. There are direct flights to Palm Springs from NYC now, so it is easier than ever to come back and soak up the Happy Chic vibes.

Best Regards,

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stopped at the Parker for one night on our way back from a stay in Joshua Tree, with our 4,8 year old. We ended up spending two full days here. We stayed and hung out after check out. It is a really funky place. Definitely like stepping back in time to old glam California. The decor is really cool. I liked that it was a nice place for adults as well. I didn't feel like I was staying at some cheesy kid land (AKA Rancho Las Palmas). We had a Lanai room, which was opened right out on to the kids pool. It was nice to be able to step out of our room and be at the pool. Also nice, because the bathroom is a shlep from the pool area.

We ate breakfast and lunch at Norma's. The lunch food was not very good and the service, while friendly was a bit slow, and it was HOT. The breakfast was great! My kids loved it. Although definitely a bit overpriced as in $20 a plate. Our breakfast was over $100 with drinks etc...

The grounds are lovely and a true oasis in the desert. We were there in spring break so perhaps they were a bit overwhelmed. But the service was not that great. We paid upwards of $500 a night for our room, and well it would be nice to perhaps have a little bit better service at the kids pool, where there were TONS of people. We often had to hunt down a server.

One other thing that really needs to be rectified....this place was crawling with kids and families. Great for us! Our daughter ran into a friend from school, and our son loved playing with all the other kids. That being said the kids/ family pool is SMALL! I mean really small, as backyard pool small. Don't get me wrong it's a lovely area with grass and a place for small kids to run around and the Lanai rooms are right there. It's just that when there are 25+ people crammed into this tiny square of a pool it's not very fun. I looked at the adult pool and there were like 10 people on loungers and NOT one person in the pool. One time I saw 1 person swimming. The families are the ones who are in the pool ALL day! Plus they are in larger groups and spend lots of money on food and drinks...give us the big pool! It's not uncommon for hotels to have a kids pool but it's usually the largest one and the adults can sun at a small pool. So I really loved the hotel...but me personally in palm springs where the pool is the attraction I would really like a bigger family pool.

Room Tip: Definitely want a room with a patio...and close to where you want to be.
Dear LAwestsidemama,

Thank you for your glowing praise of the Estate and overall experience. Spring Break can certainly test the limits of any hotel; however, we are pleased to say we emerged with another successful year under our belt.

The Silicon Valley pool is designated for all ages year round for consistency. It has been chosen as the best option due to it's proximity to guest rooms and the lawn as you have noted.

We hope to see you again next year, if not sooner.

Best Regards,

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This stylish hotel in Palm Springs is a great getaway place for a few days. The best thing about it is the sprawling grounds, which are filled with lovely gardens, fountains, pools to splash in and hammocks to lounge in. The rooms were comfy too with a modern and chic vibe.

The only bump for me was the service, they may have just been having an off day, but when we arrived our bags were lost and did not arrive in the room for an hour, and this was after making multiple calls. Then later when I called to have the car brought up from the valet that wasn't done either and we we're kept waiting thirty minutes again. At the less than budget cost of $600 a night, this sort of thing should not happen. But again, maybe it was just an off day. On the plus side, the staff we're friendly helpful and welcoming. It was nice to try, but in the future I'll probably be going back to the Viceroy which is closer to town, and from my experience anyway, has better service at a better rate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Peter H,

We strive to be perfect at all times. The fact of the matter is, on this occasion, we weren't.

Our motto is "Always Happy, Never Satisfied". I can assure you, this day was reviewed as a team and addressed to ensure we have no repeat.

Please feel free to contact me at bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com the next time you're headed to Palm Springs. We'd love the opportunity to prove to you we are the best.

Kind regards,

Campbell, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our expectations were exceeded at every turn but I have to mention the staff - they are attentive, helpful, pleasant and they go the extra mile. The grounds are all tall garden paths with open grass areas for fountains and fire pits. 2 pools - one for adults only that is open 24 hours. Mountain views from some rooms. Our room in north building was facing the kids pool so by 9am on Easter/Spring Break weekend, the shrieking began but did not wake us. It was very very busy while we were there and that made getting chair by the adult pool challenging but the staff again was extremely helpful and apologetic about the lack of seating. The Lemonade Stand (plain and cocktails) was heavenly (the lemons are grown on the grounds). Pool food service was excellent. Nora's, their restaurant served inventive food all day. Okay, yes, pricey like any hotel but GOOD also. We had a roll away bed in our room and it too was very comfortable. The soaps and shampoos in room are very fancy and nice. A restful and winning trip.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view but beware, you might be over the kid pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Parker Palm Springs? Share your experiences!