“Brat pack playground” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Parker Palm Springs to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
Parker Palm Springs
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4200 E Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92264 (Formerly Le Meridien)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$199 (USD)
Ranked #18 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs
London, United Kingdom
“Brat pack playground”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Sometimes you feel like you've arrived at a playground of the rich and famous. And then other times you feel like you're just at the playground. Maybe it was the time of year, but during our weekend here the place was crawling with spoiled young people (aka brats) who stumbled from dusk to dawn along the gravel pathways in conspicuous displays of designer party wear. The grounds are a Wonderland of greenery, with a pair of inviting pools tucked behind the maze of hedges. The grand entrance and lobby make a better showcase for Jonathan Adler's eye-popping design talents than the rooms, which felt a little clinical in layout (the entire confusing North Building - South Building floor plan seems to have been built with a cheaper property in mind). We checked out with two lingering impressions: Not luxuriating in the pool by the lemonade stand would have been a big mistake; and having breakfast at Norma's was basically what made the whole trip worthwhile. Yep. It's that good folks.

• Stayed August 2012
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear HotelCalifornians,

Yes, we have a lot of spoiled guests...in fact, our goal is to make sure everyone feels spoiled when at the Parker Palm Springs.

Thank you for sharing your love of our grounds, pools and Norma's. Hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

1,040 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the PPS in October 2012. We thought this place was really cool. We ended up with a very large corner room, benefit of mid-week stay perhaps? The staff was cordial, but not warm. The design of the property was super cool (thanks to Jonathan Adler). The fire pit room had what we dubbed as a Cracklin Oat Bran divider wall and hanging basket chairs (which we spent some time in with cocktails. The spa, with it's Mediterranean pool room was very unique and relaxing. Lastly, I enjoyed the idea of the adult pool (no kids allowed) with a 'lemonade' stand. All in all, this place is pretty cool. There was also a fashion shoot going on while we were there - no feelings on that, just something to note!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Elemenohpea,

Thank you for sharing your enjoyment of the Spa, Living Room and the Gene Autry pool.

Our team's greatest strength is their natural and sincere warmth. We're saddened to read you did not feel this consistently. I hope you find the opportunity to return for the full Parker experience.

Please let me know the next time you find yourself coming to Palm Springs.

Clayton, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was my second time staying at the Parker and it was even nicer than the first. It's very cool to see how the gardens have grown in giving the place a more intimate and secluded feeling. The staff is about the best I have ever encountered.

Room Tip: Ground floor facing grass is so very nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Corey B,

We love the word PERFECTION, but we always strive for more. Thank you for your appreciation of our team. Our team is the key to our success and we thank them every day.

Warm regards,

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Had business nearby and stayed at the hotel with family for two nights. We arrived at 2:00 am in the morning. The welcome staff in the front was very attentive, and we love the way they discreetly announce our arrival to the welcome desk inside. The lobby was very nicely decorated, giving a real show room home feel. The rooms were very clean, spacious, plus the amenities were very well appointed. The bed was firm and very comfortable. I got up early, and found the hotel being even more beautiful in the light. The hotel has an unbelievable spa. The spa massage services were first rate. The decor at the back of the spa was something else. We also had brunch at one of the restaurants, Normas. The server was a gentleman who said he had been there for many years. He was very attentive, polite and funny. It was a very good stay. The service, the food, the surroundings were all impeccable. We will definitely return to Parker Palm Springs.

Room Tip: We checked in on a Sunday. The lady who walked us to our room said Sunday thru Thursday are the bes...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear jspyu,

Despite your business commitments, it appears you used every available minute to enjoy what the Parker Palm Springs has to offer.

The next time you're here be sure to try one of our Muddled Lemonades at the Lemonade Stand or while relaxing at the Gene Autry pool.

Best regards,

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was the second time at the Parker within last 6 months for me and the family (4 of us). I would certainly recommend the place both to my family and my friends - had no complains (did have a few the first time around, water under the bridge by now). Friendly, courteous, accommodating. The one dark spot, I guess, and this is all depending on which way you look, is that families with children are not allowed at the main pool, now not even during weekdays. It sat half-empty on this beautiful, sunny day, and we had to settle for the much smaller, plainer one. I'm sure I'd be telling a different story had I been there sans kids. Looking forward to going back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear damir p,

Thank you for thinking of us when you planned your trip back to Palm Springs. We have continued to work hard as a team to further enhance the experience at the Estate. I am pleased to see this is evident on your second stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have wanted to stay at this property for some time, and I am SUPER glad I did! They do a really nice job taking care of you. The spa is terrific - iPads to read at the indoor pool, and just a really cool concept overall. Drinks are pricey but good! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: If you can get a room near the family pool, the views of the mountain are stunning!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear CoreyChgo,

Thank you for taking the plunge and giving us a try. Luxury without formality is refreshing and far more relevant to our guests. Stuffy is not our cup of tea.

Best regards,

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here before and gave it a full on rating...but I was with my husband a Platinum Starwood member so we received a free room upgrade facing the pool, sunny deck etc. The walls are thin but this place has such a cool vibe that I could forgive it.

I am still here as I write this. I was looking forward to a solo long weekend to recover from being over worked and in need of some rest, what better place than here. Wrong. I have a room over looking the back of the property which backs onto the storage area for the catering department. They drag their chairs and tables past my door til after 11 pm. I called the desk, they promised it would stop by 10pm, nope...on it went til after 11. Here it is 2:30 in the afternoon, time when everyone shuts down from the sun and retreats to some quiet time in their room...nope, there go the chairs again. 3 nights of rest have turned into 3 nights of disruptive noise. Nothing relaxing here.

Food, great. Staff...lots of internships here but nice. Quiet, no. Restful, no. Decor - Jonathan Adler casual cool, love it. Would I stay here again, maybe, but only if they guarantee a room not facing the back. I really hope they can find a better way to transport their furniture without the noise or move the location of the storage. That would make this review quite different.

Room Tip: Do not allow them to put you in a room facing the back. It will ruin your holiday. Do eat at Mister...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear debbietravels510,

Thank you for your appreciation of the service of our team, the amazing food and cool vibe of the Estate. We want you to feel we are 100% FABULOUS and are, of course, disappointed to read your relaxing getaway was interrupted by noise.

Our Estate is located on 13 acres of land, so noise is rarely an issue. Your observations are valuable and I can assure you we will correct the concern.

Please feel free to contact me at bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com the next time you're headed to Palm Springs.

Brandon McCurley

Been to Parker Palm Springs? Share your experiences!