Sometimes you feel like you've arrived at a playground of the rich and famous. And then other times you feel like you're just at the playground. Maybe it was the time of year, but during our weekend here the place was crawling with spoiled young people (aka brats) who stumbled from dusk to dawn along the gravel pathways in conspicuous displays of designer party wear. The grounds are a Wonderland of greenery, with a pair of inviting pools tucked behind the maze of hedges. The grand entrance and lobby make a better showcase for Jonathan Adler's eye-popping design talents than the rooms, which felt a little clinical in layout (the entire confusing North Building - South Building floor plan seems to have been built with a cheaper property in mind). We checked out with two lingering impressions: Not luxuriating in the pool by the lemonade stand would have been a big mistake; and having breakfast at Norma's was basically what made the whole trip worthwhile. Yep. It's that good folks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine spending a weekend at your great aunt's home, an extremely elegant lady of indeterminate age. Her home, the Parker Palm Springs, is full of the kind of patina achieved by always purchasing the best, knowing that living well ages all things with a particular beauty. What is Happy Luxe? Happy Luxe is luxury without formality, beauty without pretension, elegance with comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Starwood, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Parker Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Meridien Palm Springs
- Parker Hotel Palm Springs