“Fantastic with one exception” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Parker Palm Springs

You added Parker Palm Springs to your Saves list
Parker Palm Springs
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4200 E Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92264 (Formerly Le Meridien)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$199 (USD)
Ranked #24 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Fantastic with one exception”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've stayed at the parker a few times, and I really love their bungalow arrangement. Also, I know it shouldn't matter what your bedspread looks like or what's on the walls, but I did really get a kick out of the funky vibe they have going on. The decor is energizing and playful

On this particular trip, my dad and I were headed to Mexico for a few days to catch up and go over some business items. Unfortunately, weather in Mexico grounded us. The Parker was very helpful with last-minute arrangements, and even though we had only called that morning, they made the transition from one plan to the next as smooth as possible. They even had adjoining bungalows for us which was great, because really, what grown woman wants to share a hotel room with her dad?

The pool service was fantastic. Great food and excellent drinks. The server was even kind enough to take down directions for my favorite less-than-well-known cocktail and have the bartender whip it up; perfect! They had plenty of umbrellas for the Palm Springs heat and lots of crafty solutions for keeping cool. In the evening we enjoyed the bocci court and the lounge had a little bit of an impromptu gathering of guests going on.

The service in the rooms was fantastic. Spotlessly clean, and prompt response time on requests. They were even kind enough to provide me with some unusual toiletry items I had lost in transit. So nice to avoid wasting an afternoon looking for a Walgreens.

The only problem came on Thursday. A manager approached us at the pool and asked if we were ready to check out. When we clarified that we were checking out on Saturday, things started to deteriorate. Now, he was very polite and kind about it, but he insisted that our reservation had been for a Thursday checkout. If you knew my dad, you would know that I am not exaggerating in the slightest when I say that I heard him confirm the check-in and check-out dates on the phone SIX times (he's a little tightly wound). So at this point, my dad whips out his smartphone and produces and email confirmation directly from the hotel with a Saturday checkout. Well the manager is very apologetic about the mistake in the email, but he assures us that the reservation was only made for Tues-Thurs and our particular bungalows are reserved for an arriving group that needs the adjoined rooms, and he will be happy to relocate us to another room. Okay, so my dad is not having this and starts to get all riled up, and I ask the manager if they have two comparable rooms that are close to each other and he says oh yes miss, very nice rooms. And I ask him if his staff would be kind enough to move our belongings and place them back in the closets etc; oh yes, very happy to assist. So I tell my dad it's probably a family with little kids in desperate need of a holiday so let's just let it go and enjoy the rest of our afternoon. Okay says dad and he starts to cool down.

Long story short, we go back to the bungalows to move our laptops and sensitive items ourselves and there are security personnel outside our rooms who are refusing to let us in (the didn't work for the hotel). So I give the guy outside my room a polite version of "get lost, this is my room till checkout" and he follows me into my room and starts to oversee my packing process and trying to hurry me along. The housekeeping and bellhops are all a tizzy and this security guy won't leave my room. (I can hear my dad next door yelling at the man entering his room). Finally the bellhops take us to a room (not roomS, room) with a bed and a fold-out couch. Essentially, they didn't have but one room left in the place and they stuck us both in it. Then the manager tried to pass it off like he thought my 65 year old father was my husband, even though I had pointed out our relationship when I asked if they had 2 rooms. We ended up stuck in that room together for one night and then left early.
Funny thing, I spotted two A-list celebs both married to other people later that day. One of them came out of my bungalow. A few weeks later they were in the tabloids with affair accusations. Apparently at this hotel you get excellent service until someone more important shows up.

Room Tip: Keep your reservation email
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear ETurley,

Thank you for your glowing review and appreciation of all things good about the Parker.

The one exception you note is more than concerning to me as we never adopt this approach with our guests. If you are willing, please contact me at bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com at your convenience so that I may obtain more details from you.

Brandon McCurley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I make it to The Parker at least twice a year for a long weekend and the rooms, service and amenities are always perfect. When you go you should expect a staff who is not over bearing, a sophisticated clientele and a consistent 5 star experience.

For a romantic getaway it's well worth spending some extra money and splurging for one of the villas. Tons of privacy, plenty of room to spread out and even invite guests for cocktails and light snacks. The food is excellent, valet parking convienent and the design of the rooms is chic.

Can't wait to return again everytime I leave. If you are price conscious, I would suggest staying somewhere else as the little things will add up but they are well worth the price.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear MKristian,

The Estate has a unique ability to transport our guests to a happy place! A place where you can appreciate beauty without pretension and luxury without formality.

When you're next ready for a weekend of indulgence please contact me at bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com. Looking forward to see you again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

One night getaway from L.A. with the wifey. Truly incredible. Felt very private and secluded around the hotel which is just what we needed. There is a kid pool but since we didn't bring our two we couldn't risk anyone bringing theirs. We chose the adult pool with the lemon head servers tending up muddled Lemonades all day. The servers, staff and all the management made our stay great. When my wife asked a member of the staff where the spa was, she just didn't say around the corner down the path here's a map blah blah...she said here let me walk with you and showed her the way until introducing her to the other staff. (not a short walk either). Just when youthought customer service was dead. That is the difference maker. Our stay was so good in fact that I'm actually taking the time to write this which I've never done before. One last thing...don't bring your little ones. You will be "that couple".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ScottE999,

We have an incredible team here at the Parker Palm Springs. We all take great pride in the Estate and the experience of each and every guest.

We focus on beauty without pretension and luxury without formality. Thank you for visiting and experiencing this first hand.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Warm regards,

Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I spent 2 nights here on a vacation that I wish had lasted 2 weeks. I loved everything about the resort: the beautiful grounds (with bunnies!), the friendly, helpful staff, the pool area, the over-the-top decor, the comfy bed, the lavish bathroom amenities...I could go on. The massage I had here was one of the best I've ever had. I welcomed the quiet of staying mid-week, but I imagine weekends can get pretty busy. It was my first visit, but it won't be my last.

Room Tip: The lanai rooms give you a little outdoor lounge area and direct access to one of the pools.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear encin11,

We couldn't be more pleased to hear of your fabulous stay! The layout of our grounds affords us the luxury of always providing a tranquil and relaxed atmosphere...even on weekends.

Be sure to play Petanque and sip Pastis during your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Everything was amazing. Seriously. The food, the service, the grounds, the ambiance -- everything. Definitely a bit pricey, but you undoubtedly get what you pay for. I will certainly go back there and I can't recommend it enough. My only regret is that it doesn't have a golf course. Other than that, it has everything.

Room Tip: Ask about the hammocks in the rooms' backyards.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this hotel and our overall experience. I want to love it, but I just can't.

The food at this hotel is pretty good. I was pleased with my room service selections, with our dinner at Mister Parker, and with our meals at Norma's. I'd give the food 4 stars for sure.

Our room, though relatively nice, was not Le Meridien nice. It's almost like its losing its luster. The showers had small white tiles with white grout and the grout was moldy. I know how hard it is to keep white grout white, but come on. You put in white grout! Teach your maintenance crew how to keep it clean! You could SMELL the mold in there!

Our neighbors apparently smoked some weed next door and the scent penetrated our room. When we called the front desk to let them know, they sent a maintenance guy with an air filter contraption. He then proceeded to tell us that he didn't understand why people were so snooty about the smell of weed, it was not a big deal, he said. Apparently he thought WE were the weed smokers and that others were complaining about us! That was a....lovely feeling. I don't really care what other people smoke or don't smoke, but if I'd rather not smell it in my room. I don't think that's too much to ask for given what we paid for our stay.

The grounds are incredibly beautiful and peaceful, we loved that aspect of it all. I only wish their entire property could meet those standards. It's as though they are kind of just letting go a bit. All the red doors in the hallways are scratched or dirty, the decor is showing age, the overall feeling is that when it was all originally done, it was pretty awesome. It just hasn't been kept up to standard.

I will say that the concierge was just wonderful. She was top notch, help us pick out some great things to do in town and even remembered us throughout the weekend and asked how her recommendations had panned out. Top notch service right there!

I really just want to love this place, because it has all the pieces there to make it amazing. But there's just some things that can't allow me to give it more than 3 stars. I expect a luxury property to remain luxurious. Not to paint a luxurious picture, then just run away and hope for the best. I hope management could step up their maintenance and give the attention that's needed to keep this place shimmering in the desert.

It was enough of a disappointment that we're looking elsewhere for our anniversary weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SandieSometimes,

Thank you for your observations. We are happy that your desire is to love us. I can assure you that it is ours also.

We have a Perfect Room program in place that ensures every room receives a complete make over twice a year.

Additionally, our incredible Housekeeping team takes great pride in ensuring every room is presented perfectly on a daily basis. Any imperfection is reported and addressed immediately..

Please contact me at bmccurley@parkerpalmsprings.com if you would be willing to discuss your observations further.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

From pulling in to this "semi-private" locale, the attentiveness never ended. The attention to detail in decor, the attention from the valets, and service from the front desk, concierge, and the servers at the Lemonade Stand, and at PSYC - we found no fault with The Parker and can't wait to return.

We were genuinely sad to leave. The grounds were impeccable, as we relaxed by the pools (indoor at the very peaceful PSYC, and outdoor at the family pool or the adult pool), sipped on adult lemonades, and lounged around at night in the beautiful front lobby bar/lounge area and some of the many nooks and crannies around the property with small fountains and natural setting that whisked you fantastically away from this so called desert.

The rooms were exquisite as well as the toiletries provided by Hermés, Penhaligons, Bulgari, L'Occitane and more. The bed and decor were great, the views of the mountains, and the flowery buildings were terrific, and the room service helped us to relax.

Highly recommended, and one of the best hotel experiences of my life.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the first floor rooms facing the family pool to get your own balcony/deck that you ca...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Parker Palm Springs? Share your experiences!