“Pura Vida....The Pure Life....Indeed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pura Vida Palm Springs

and 1 more site!
You added Pura Vida Palm Springs to your Saves list
Pura Vida Palm Springs
2.5 of 5 Specialty Resort   |   589 South Grenfall Road, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Los Angeles, California
“Pura Vida....The Pure Life....Indeed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Woo Hoo! First review...ok, here it goes...

My partner and I were looking for a place to celebrate my birthday and our 1 year anniversary in Palm Springs. I did lots of research on all male resorts in Palm Springs. I found one resort to my liking, so I made the reservation. But a few days later, I stumbled upon the website for Pura Vida. I started checking out the website. After reviewing their website, I emailed for more information. After reading the response, I booked our room.

We were going during off season, so there was a great special on room rates. Apparently, Pura Vida had just opened a month or so ago after a 1 year complete renovation. And when I say renovation, I am talking all the way down to the studs. I was speaking with the owner, David, since making the reservation. I told him my concerns and he made me feel at home when making the reservation.

It's now August 17th, my birthday, and we are heading to Palm Springs to check into Pura Vida. Upon arriving at the front desk, David met us and welcomed us to the resort. We checked in, David showed us around the property and then to our room. The resort only has 8 rooms, and from what I understand, every room is a little different. We checked into room #4, which is a King Spa Suite. The room was completely above our expectations. A great king size bed (with a wonderful mattress) and duvet. There is a huge flat screen tv above the fireplace, a desk, and a wet bar area. Behind the wall, you will find the bathroom area. There are his and his sinks, a huge closet and a shower like no other shower. The room also has a jet tub with a flat screen on the wall. This room was just amazing! Also, the A/C works great, which you need on those 110 degree days. In the wet bar area, you have a mini fridge and a Keurig coffee maker. Ok, enough about the room...although I can go on and on and on...

Let's talk about the property! The view from the pool area is superb. You can see the mountains and during the sunset, I swear they change colors. There are palm trees and other plants around the outdoor area and there is always some music playing. The mood of the music changes throughout the day. There are plenty of chaise lounges and towels for enjoying the perfect temperature pool. Off of the pool area, you will find a dining area where the continental breakfast is served as well as Happy Hour! If you get thirsty, there is complimentary bottled water and sodas for you. There is a bbq outdoors, if you want to grill.

The best part is about our stay is that we were the only ones there for our first 3 days...But I know next time we go back..this won't be the case. In fact , we were the resorts first official guests!!

Another thing I love about this property is that it is a non-clothing optional resort. There any many resorts around the neighborhood that are clothing optional. That's just not my thing.

I know that I can go on and on about Pura Vida, but I am running out of space. I want to thank David for making our stay the most enjoyable trip we have had. You took great care of us and thanks for the wonderful birthday balloons and flowers. You met all our needs and exceeded our expectations. I can't wait to visit again.

To the people reading this review, do yourself a favor and make your reservation at Pura Vida. It's a contemporary, classy joint where you can relax and unwind.

Room Tip: Room #3 and #4 are the King Spa Suite