“It ain't the Ritz, but.......” 4 of 5 stars

Caliente Tropics Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   411 E. Palm Canyon Dr., Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Ranked #34 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
Seattle, WA
“It ain't the Ritz, but.......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you are looking for a lower budget hotel with a friendly staff, decent pool and good location you may want to check this place out. The rooms are clean and include a referigerator and in room safe, but no microwave. There is a very wecome ceiling fan which helps circulate the cool air from the a/c unit. When we visited last week the temperatures were over 112 degrees all but two of the seven days, and still over 100 on those "cooler" days so the a/c was our friend. The staff sre extremely friendly and helpful, and that makes up for the lack of amenities to some extent. There is a nice pool area, some cabanas, a barbeque area, small fitness room and table tennis. Their restaurant was not open, but there are lots of restaurants close by. If a lower price is important, this is a good option.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed at Caliente Tropics a couple times now and wanted to give a review just before I make my next 3-day visit next week. Very quite rooms, very-well maintained property, excellent customer service by Trey, Maritza and Jacarra, who efficiently adjust to my room needs. Pool, Jacuzzi, weight room, tiki torches in the pool area at night is easy on the eyes. Housekeeping keeps the rooms clean without that industrial cleaning smell you get at other locations.

Did I mention the rooms are quiet - not once was I awaken by the sound of other people.

I have found my place to stay when in Palm Springs and believe you will find the same reasons for coming back like I do.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We found this motel by chance not really knowing Palm Springs at all.The location is great,close to restaurants and bars,rooms are very good and the pool and garden area is spacious ,best of all was the very friendly and helpful staff especially Maritsa who even let us use her personal phone when we had problems with our own,that is going the extra mile.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Seal Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Large Clean Room with granite shower and mini frig. The Air conditioning was a bit noisy but liveable. Large pool area, I did not use the pool area but heard people enjoying it.

I was at photofest with friends and they wanted to go the Salton Sea to take some pictures. I was happy to find this value last minute and did not have to drive 3 hours home late at night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Late arrival in palm springs caused me to be faced w $200.00+ hotel rates for approximately 4-5 hours of sleep...no bueno for sure. So while enjoying a zen moment over a drink I remembered this cool spot w tiki torches and grass around an enormous pool. I was really pleased to find a wonderful giant of a man at the front lobby named Trey. Trey put me at ease immediately and booked me into a moderately priced suite in about 2 minutes flat. I was so happy to be resting comfortably in a cute little suite w tub in the ac finally at 230 am after a 400 mile trip. What an awesome travel "save" I decided to stay an extra day. Thanks Trey!

• Stayed June 2013
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The best value in town! I love that it's very warm and homey, not a stuffy corporate atmosphere like you might find elsewhere. Everything was clean and in great condition. I had to adjust my travel plans at the last minute and Simon really helped me get everything squared away without charging me any fees or giving me any hassle. Everyone there was very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. I only had the opportunity to stay overnight, but I will definitely go back if I can!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here at the resort for about three weeks and enjoyed every bit of it. I am new to the area and was optimistic about the hotel and area and felt right at home here at the Caliente Tropics. I was welcomed upon arrival by Tre and he accomodated me with a nice room and made me feel a little better about being new in the area as he recommended a couple spots downtown that would be suitable to my vacation. I did not intend to stay here this long but the great service and amenities did it for me. I will definitely be returning to this resort as I vacation here frequently from San Francisco.

Room Tip: cabana area was wonderful