“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Nice room although seemed to be sloping - it was the end room of the building. Was worried it might drop off. Room was clean and wel maintained with 2 queen beds for the4 family members in our party. Location on the main road but not that close to facilities.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This isn't a review of a one-time hit or miss kind of stay. I've been working on a project here in Palm Springs off and on for the last four months and just keep coming back to this great hotel. Talk about consistency...the service is outstanding regardless of the hour I check in. Steve at the front desk always hooks me up with a great room for an unbeatable price in a super efficient and friendly manner. The entire staff is always friendly and helpful. I've hunted around and you can't find a better value in town from even just a cost perspective. Now factor in the great service, updated rooms with comfortable beds and really nice linens and blankets, great pool and hot tub, AND the outstanding location...regardless of your budget staying anywhere else is just a waste of your money.

Room Tip: The suites are inexpensive and perfect if you're traveling with kids
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We booked the Caliente Tropics Resort the night before we arrived, after reading the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor. We needed somewhere to stay after a change in travel plans, and were not disappointed with Caliente at all. The staff on check-in (Maritza and Trey) were friendly and accommodating. Things were a little slow as Trey was training, but this was not a problem at all. We were upgraded 'for our patience' which was a lovely gesture. Our room was quite large, with a lounge area, bedroom and decent bathroom area. The Polynesian theme extends into the rooms, even the tissue box cover was a tiki face!
The grounds are really well kept, with a great pool and spa area, lounge chairs, and loungers in covered huts. The mountains are amazing to wake up to, and the area is great.
The price for Caliente is really good, especially considering many of the other options in Palm Springs. This was our first trip to Palm Springs, and would highly recommend the Caliente Tropics as a great base. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Don't waste your time wondering if you are going to get more bang for your buck somewhere else. I have stayed at them all; from Motel 6 to the Ace next door, those "clothing optional resorts' or the Westin. Caliente Tropics has all the creature comforts and surprising upgrades you hope for but seldom get at other budget/mid-priced motor inns. They have taken an old school mid-century property and added modern touches while staying true to the fun, polynesian theme for which it was named. The rooms are clean and well-apportioned, the beds are extremely comfortable and there's a large swimming pool with a great mountain view. This place is perfectly located close to everything. Reminds me of the Standard in West Hollywood except with campy tikis, torches and tropical architectural elements minus the pretentiousness and $12 bottles of Voss water. I always check this property first for availability when I come out to Palm Springs. Gay, Straight, Family with kids, whatever you are, I recommend this place if you want to save some money and still feel taken care of.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
pinon hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I checked in two Handicapped people & received excellent service from your front desk. I would like to personally thank Maritza & Lydia their concern in making check in go so smoothly. GREAT HOTEL & LOCATION. & oh yes the pool, spa & cabanas

Room Tip: all the rooms have great views of the pool & spa. great for parties
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my first time staying in Palm Springs at a resort and I will definitely be coming back! The tall, pretty girl at the front desk (Sadie I believe was her name) was extremely helpful with getting me checked in and made me feel comfortable right away. Not to mention my room was spotless and had an excellent view of the pool. I was very satisfied with my vacatioin :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a 3 night stay with friends!

Maritza the receptionist was great - lovely warm welcome especially when we turned up a day early and she fitted us in with no hassle and even managed to make sure we didnt need to change rooms the next day. The hotel is on the outskirt of the town, but still within walking distance

The room was of a good size and decorated nicely- clean and tidy which as I have said before is all I ever ask! Maritza was so patient as we asked lots of questions and also did us maps to different places we wanted to see.

The pool was a good size and caught the sun until it went behind the mountains! The burning torchs around the pool at night were pretty and gave a good ambience.

There is lots of parking and we didnt have a problem once.

This was our first time to palm Springs and We loved it deffinately want to go back and We would deffinately stay here again!!!!!

Cant wait to go back for more relaxing time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Caliente Tropics Resort? Share your experiences!