“Sweetest receptionist I've ever met!” 5 of 5 stars

Caliente Tropics Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   411 E. Palm Canyon Dr., Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Ranked #31 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Sweetest receptionist I've ever met!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

While staying at Caliente Tropics I had the pleasure of being checked in by a young lady named Taccarra who was so helpful and sweet when we arrived. We had a very long trip with nothing but problems... but she was able to brighten our day with her sunny personality, her bright disposition and a winning smile!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Upon arrival, we received a suite instead of a normal room without asking (Tnx Maritza!).
The room was huge, bed was great, service was superb, pool looked great, staff was very friendly and everything was very clean.
We found a cockroach in the bathtub but because everything else seemed very clean and we didn't have any other issues, I think it's more bad luck than anything else.
For 70$ this was a perfect stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SoCA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel was more than adequate for a relaxing two night stay after camping for 5 nights: comfy bed, air conditioning, roomy shower, large pool, easy access to our favorite eating establishments downtown, friendly check in and immediate attention to a problem with lighting in the room. We didn't hear any noise from our neighbors (albeit the AC was on and it makes noise).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I'm just finishing up a 2-night stay here at the tail end of a business trip. This motel has been nicely renovated with thoughtful touches and whimsy, like the painted outside lights. The room rates are insanely great, and while it's definitely a remodeled motor inn, the pool and lawn area in the middle have been relaxing and relatively quiet. Check-in staff were friendly and efficient. Sometimes it's nice to pull up right in front of your room instead of traversing a maze of hallways. The room is comfortable and nicely done, and while not fancy it has everything you might want, including wifi (sometimes slow), a/c, a fridge, safe, TV, and nice toiletry products. Come here with reasonable expectations and you'll be thrilled; I will return.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I recently stayed here and and had to take a minute to mention how impressed and happy I was to get such amazing customer service from Tacarra at the front desk. Here is a hotel that is nice, comfortable, clean and well kept and a very reasonable rate. But the best part of the whole visit was being greeted with Tacarra's beautiful smile and cheerful "can do" attitude. The internet was down while I was there and like many of us, I have come to use it as a way of doing daily business. She offered me a table in the lobby area which allowed me space and time to complete my work, thus transforming what would have ben a huge problem into a positive result. I have been in a customer service oriented field for over 2 decades and know and appreciate the importance and value of good service. My compliments to Tacarra. Watch out Caliente Tropics Management, I'm be setting up an office out there and would try and steal her away in a New York minute!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side don't get the morning sun
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mesa AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've stayed at this Motel a few times and I always have a relaxed calm experience here. Aside from the huge pool and deck area, there are no bells and whistles at this place. So, if you don't mind just the basics this is a great place to relax and chill out. It's location is close enough to the downtown area (you'd have to drive taxi or bus if walking isn't your thing) yet far enough away to not get caught up in it. There are beautiful mountains that provide a nice backdrop for photos.
The rooms are spacious and the bed is comfy... it's a good deal no doubt

Room Tip: I always get a room upstairs so I can look at over the pool area or see the mountains from the balco...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We only stayed at Caliente Tropics for a few days for a wedding, but we had absolutely no trouble at all. The pool is a very nice area, there are some cabanas that are comfy, and the rooms were cute! Overall, I felt like we scored because the price was so low! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Caliente Tropics Resort? Share your experiences!