“great customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 69 Hotels in Palm Springs
los Angeles
“great customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

i was scrolling the websit and came across the caliente tropics. looked up the reviews and seen they were good. so i booked with tacara over the phone. and i also got to meet her at check in. she is amazing. the tropics is very nice and clean resort. i will recommend this resort to all my friends.for this resort to be so cheap it very nice

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I were in need of a getaway and decided on Palm Springs because it's not that far of a drive. Then comes the decision of where to stay, saw Caliente Tropics had pretty good reviews, so we decided to make our reservations there. We got into town kind of late and headed straight for the hotel. We were greeted by Stephen, he was so pleasant and very efficient. He was friendly and it wasnt at all superficial (I hate when its fake/forced) and he couldn't have been nicer! We asked if he could recommend anywhere to get a bite to eat, and he seemed very knowledgable about the area.

The room was clean and comfortable, I really couldn't ask for anything more for such a decent price.

We definitely will be returning to the desert, and I think we've found our go-to hotel.

Munich, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Spent a very comfortable night with amazing service and super friendly staff :)
The pool wasn't free of dirt and didn't have a right there but was fun to be in. The whirlpool was great!
No party area.
Very recommrndable!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

From checking in, we had nothing but the greatest of service. Coming in from San Diego, I had issues with my credit card, but Stephan took care of everything with a smile! While he was checking us in, I mentioned to him that my partner and I were on our 2nd anniversary get away and had stayed at Caliente Tropics for our honeymoon 2 years ago. He immediately (without my asking, nor expecting anything special) changed our room to a better location at the hotel,The Tahitian Lanai Building. I asked him where we could go grab a quick drink, (seeing as though we didnt check in until 10pm) and he not only gave me options, but gave me a map highlighted to where I needed to go! What amazing customer service from Stephan! The next day I went to pay the rest of my bill (credit card issues resolved) and got to meet another amazing gal Maritza. She took care of everything for me and did so with a smile and again the most excellent of customer service!!
We enjoyed our stay in a great, clean room with our pet (PET FRIENDLY HOTEL, which is AWESOME!), lounging by the pool (and sauna too), and relaxing in the Cabanna's in the Lanai Garden. Also, its so close to the main strip of "the springs" that driving anywhere for dinner, shopping, drinks, etc. was just minutes away!
I have raved so much since we got back that my best friend and I are planning a "guys trip" in October to stay in "the Springs" and chill at Caliente Tropics!
I must say that the Caliente Tropics gives you the Champagne Service on a beer budget!
Again, Stephan and Maritza, THANK YOU for an amazing week!
The ONLY recommendation I have is that they put a sound system at the pool and have some light cabanna music playing...

Room Tip: Ask for Tahitian Lanai Building
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

this was our first time coming to this hotel , great experience !!! staff was super friendly sadie the desk clerk was aaaaaaammmmazing she help make the stay more pleasant!!! if you come to palms springs STAY HERE

Room Tip: we had friends stay here and the rooms are pretty good which ever room you will be happy
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Caliente Tropics is a great deal and when they get the bar/lounge open again, it'll be even better! The property is well kept and the rooms are very clean. Our room right across from the pool (most are) was quiet and the pool noise was barely audible when the door was closed, so it was definitely a restful retreat.

The customer service was tops too. Sandie helped us out with a lot of details about the area and went the extra mile to give us tips about local restaurants and things to do.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Alamo, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Rooms were clean, pretty new, and the bed was comfortable. Maritza was super helpful and made everything easy for us. Would definitely stay here again, if I make it out to the 115 degree desert. The AC pumped just fine. Shower was clean. I wish I could find a place of this quality and price in northern ca.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Caliente Tropics Resort? Share your experiences!