“Most Excellent Burgers!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 272 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American, Diner, Hamburgers
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Voted 2012 "Best Burger" and "Best Live Entertainment" in the Valley! Gourmet burgers, fries, homemade shakes and more served up at unexpected low prices. "Over the counter" diner style in front, or head to the BackRoom for dining/lounge and "Woody's After Dark" featuring Live Entertainment nightly. Beer and Wine. Open daily 11 a.m.
Palm Springs, California
“Most Excellent Burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

In the burger world of Palm Springs, Woody's is number ONE!

AWESOME tasting fat angus burgers for $5!!!!! Shhhh....I don't want this secret getting out.....

And did I say ice cold beers for $3......did I just get hit by a car, and now I'm in heaven....NOPE, I'm at Woody's...

It's where the locals go, if that tells you anything...Plus the owner and his son are super nice guys....

You want an excellent burger for an even better price, stop, put down that remote, get outta your pj's and get down to Woody's!!!!!!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Palm Springs, California
“Is that BEEF?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Have lived in Palm Springs for 7 months now and finally tried Woody's. Well not sure that the burger was actually burger! Tasted like really peppery mild sausage or something like that. Couldn't eat the meat. Once I pulled the patty out it was fine they should serve vegitarian stuff! Service was friendly but slow because one server for the whole place bar and back room. Won't be going back any time soon!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rancho Mirage, California
“The locals eat here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Woody's is where the locals go for great burgers. Tourists go to Tyler's in downtown PS, which also have good burgers too but Woody's are better. It's nice that it's not in all the hustle & bustle of downtown PS. Just a great place.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
new york city
“Hamburger Hey-Day Throwback!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

A friend had recommended this Hamburger diner and mentioned how he and his partner go here often for the burgers and the good live music. While in Palm Springs earlier this week, I decided to try it out after a long day of flying in from the East Coast. As I drove by I saw a small, well lit countertop and a small outside seating area. I couldn't imagine this was the place. Where's the restaurant? Where's the music? This can't be it. Maybe I have the wrong place. I even double checked the address. But, yes this was it. So I parked my car up the street and walked back to the countertop already disappointed. To my surprise when I walked in I hear a great jazz song blaring from a door to the side of the countertop. Wowee! It was true. I looked in and the place had low-light, a small stage with a jazz band surrounded by tables full of diners. The hostess asked me if I had a reservation. I quickly said I didn't but anyway that I'd rather sit at the countertop. Perfect location and you can still really enjoy the live music while having your dinner.

So on to the meal. My friend and I had the Jalapeño Burger and the Hawaiian Burger served with the must have sweet potato, maple syrup drizzles fries and onion rings. Burgers were cooked to perfection and to exact temperature request. Buns soft yet sturdy for such a hearty burger. Jalapeño burger was fantastic with enough seared jalapeños to share onto the Hawaiian burger. Hawaiian burger was exactly that, not too overpowered by sauce or pineapple. Sweet potato fries are a MUST.

A truly enjoyable burger experience in the desert. It did feel like I was taken back in time to what the original burger joints - ambience and burger flavor were intended to be. I will definitely go back and add to all of my visitors agenda.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Palm Springs
“Bad after taste”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I am not sure what is issues but restaurant was dirty and meat has funny after taste
! seems taste frozen too me , fires for sure not fresh cut also seems process as well save money pay little more go to FrickleBurgers fresh all the way ! :)

• Visited September 2012