“Buyer Beware!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 272 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American, Irish, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Do you love comfort food? Dickie O'Neal's Irish-American Family Pub Restaurant is a Irish-American inspired, full-service restaurant and drinking establishment, casually situated among a spirited atmosphere. Children are always welcome until 10pm PST. Our establishment was created for friends, families, children, and visitors from lands near and far. We welcome all of our American and international visitors as guests.Voted one of the best "new" restaurants in Palm Springs, CA by Palm Springs Life Magazine and recent winner of the Trip Advisor 2013 Excellence Award. Meet your friends and family at Dickie O'Neal's 7 days a week. We are open for breakfast at 7am and close at 2am. Breakfast is served all day! Tasty food at affordable prices (great service at no charge!) Enjoy our tasty authentic Irish delights and your favorite American dishes. Our full menu features appetizers and fresh salads to steaks, ribs, and pizza. Check out our menu for all of our delicious delights. An Irish American pub with all the sports games playing Got a favorite game you want to watch? We have 12 large flat screens to feature the game you are looking to watch. Just ask us to turn on YOUR game. We play all of the NFL games (we have the DirecTV Sunday Ticket) on Sunday + Monday Night games plus College NCAA coverage on Saturdays.
Cathedral City, CA
“Buyer Beware!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I came here for happy hour with a group of nine other people. We should have gone somewhere -- ANYwhere -- else.

Although I have no complaints about the quality of the food, the service was easily the worst I have ever experienced.

The place was not packed by any stretch of the imagination (besides us, there was a table of about eight, a table of four, and a few people at the bar), but everyone at our table had to wait at least five minutes with an empty glass in front of them before they could even order another drink; then it would be another extended wait before the drink came -- if it came at all. After one particular wait had gone far too long, we stopped another waitress, who checked at the bar, and found that our waitress, Brandi, had never even placed the order.

Since I was going to have to leave before the rest of the group, I told Brandi that I was going to order my burger to go, later. About the time everyone received their food (which seemed like an inordinate amount of time after ordering -- but maybe that was because we couldn't get any drinks?), I ordered my burger. Then, about 15 minutes later, Brandi comes over and asks if I want her to put the order in. Uh, hello? Anybody home?

Finally, my burger comes and I told Brandi that I wanted to pay my tab -- so she goes off, and then comes back with a check that included everything that everyone in the group had ordered. Now, perhaps we should have told Brandi that we wanted separate checks, but that really seems like the waitress' responsibility. Since I was paying with a debit card, I asked Brandi to separate out my items; based on her reaction, you would have thought I asked her to separate the Red Sea. So now, my burger is getting cold while Brandi goes off and does her thing. When she returns, she gives me my bill, but with regular, non happy-hour prices on it! So now, she has to get the manager involved, who seemed far too ambivalent about the whole situation (i.e., not one "sorry for the inconvenience, sir"). Unfortunately, the manager was also not skilled enough to override a price in their computerized register, so they ended up just giving me cash back for the difference between what I was charged and what I should have been charged -- and they seemed really ticked off about it.

Now, here's the real kicker: because the service was so awful, I only tipped 10%. Imagine my surprise when I received my bank statement and discovered that someone at Dickie O'Neal's had bumped up my tip from $2.56 to an even $5.00! Fortunately, after conducting an investigation, my bank reversed the charge from my account.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Have been going by dickie o'neal for months but never stopped.....went there twice this past weekend and it was great....extensive menu, good food, great prices and friendly staff. The homemade turkey dinner on sunday was delicious. Try it out. You'll like it

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orange County, CA
“Love This Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Nothing fancy, kinda dive bar atmosphere, good food, good drinks, great price. Really hard to leave this pub sober make sure you have a designated driver and have a good time.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dorchester
“Great meal, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Had dinner here one night. Our waiter was having a beer on his day off and was put ended up waiting on us. He was great and the food was very good.

Visited April 2012
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Great locals joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

You know you found the right place when the local eat and drink their. Great food at very good prices for Palm Springs. The owner certainly makes you feel welcome and values your custom.

• Visited April 2012