“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

20% off room rate
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Posh and we both loved it. The Posh is a top notch B&B, it's not a swanky hotel which some reviewers seem to think it is (can't imagine why). Mike and Suzy, along with the house keeper were great hosts with helpful information on things to do around town.

Breakfast was delicious. From an egg souffle to blueberry pancakes we enjoyed it each morning. There was also fresh fruit served as well for the more health conscious and we ate both.

Cocktail hour was nice too, especially after an active afternoon around town. Wine or mixed drinks were available and a variety of cheeses with crackers to snack on.

The room we had was not very big, but the bed was comfy and there was a table big enough to eat at if desired. There was a small refrigerator and free bottled water which is essential in the desert even though it was February.

We love small places with a personal touch and that is the Posh from start to finish.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We just returned from 4 days over the Christmas holiday. I go to Palm Springs for the mid-century architecture and this place is a modern twist on the past. The owners have revitalized the older complex with funky furnishings and retro colors that pop. The rooms are small but very comfortable. Bed and linens and robe were so comfy.There are about a dozen rooms around a center pool and spa. Great place to relax and read. A delicious breakfast is served at 9 AM and then happy hour beverage and snack at 4. The owners are welcoming and helpful. The location is great for walking around town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
susanantal, Owner at POSH Palm Springs Inn, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our little gem. We appreciate your review and the fact that you had a great time with us. Please come back again soon.
Suzy
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

First I want to say that Mike and Suzy are lovely hosts. My problem with this hotel is that the name and the website set up expectations that this place can never live up to for a variety of reasons.

We stayed at Posh over the weekend before Christmas. I was excited to stay here because the pictures and descriptions of the hotel looked fantastic. We arrived at about 8 friday night, picking up Thai food on the way to eat in our room. Staying at a place called Posh, I wrongly assumed that there would be two chairs and a table in our room since that is the minimum I would expect at a Holiday Inn. No such luck. They wouldn't have fit.

We couldn't eat outside because it was too cold, so we pulled in a couple of deck chairs and a table into the small space between the bed and the door. The table was extremely wobbly, barely serviceable, but we made do. Dinner was a balancing act. The room was decorated nicely, but there were some gaping deviations from what I would call "Posh". The coffee maker didn't fit on the side of the counter where the plug was, so in order to make coffee, you had to drape the cord in the sink. The clock radio was identical to the $10 cheap plastic one that I had bought in college. The only heater in the room blew in my face when I laid in bed. The complimentary jar of candy was half filled with M & M's but then had been topped off with Skittles as if a guest had eaten half the jar and the housekeeper had just topped it off with whatever was on hand. I can't imagine any other way it got that way, which kind of skeeved me out. The pool wasn't heated. Also, as was mentioned, the room was exceedingly small with one luggage rack, which is fine if that is what you are expecting, but I was expecting Posh so I was disappointed with luggage on the floor.

Breakfast is included, which is a nice treat. However, instead of just frying up some eggs, Suzy made a complicated and elaborate breakfasts for us. She must have spent hours and her effort was appreciated. But in the end, the egg souffle was not cooked through which worried me, and the bananas fosters pancakes the next day didn't go over well with my boyfriend. Since there are no breakfast choices except for what kind of juice you want, perhaps something simpler would appeal to a wider audience. And the juices are canned or bottled, not freshly made.

Like I said, these folks are great people, but they aren't running a five star Posh establishment and I think the mismatch between the name and the experience sets up an uncomfortable dynamic. Yes we were there on a groupon, and we only paid $125 a night, so I would say that got our money's worth, but not a lot more.

Like I said, the innkeepers are great folks and they try hard to make this place great, but I think with the room sizes what they are, an unheated pool, and the natural limitations that this place has, setting expectations appropriately would go a long way towards making for happy customers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
susanantal, Owner at POSH Palm Springs Inn, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I am terribly sorry that you were unhappy with your stay. We do not strive to be a Holiday Inn nor do we want to be. We are a small boutique Hotel with a great Art Deco vibe. Yes, our rooms are small but beautifully appointed and clean.
If your eggs were not done in accordance to your liking I would have appreciated you letting me know so we could have addressed it. All we heard from you over the course of your stay was how wonderful it was and how much you were enjoying it.

I will say it again, we are unable to please everyone no matter how hard we try. If I din't serve elaboraate breakfasts it would come back as boring. I will tell you we rarely get bad reviews at all , and almost never regarding our food. So once again. I am sorry fopr your dissapointment.
Suzy
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had the pleasure of enjoying POSH for two days and nights last week, to celebrate, along with 20 other friends, a big birthday for a very special lifelong friend. We hung out at the pool, enjoyed the delightful POSH Cocktail Hour, and got ready for our time "out on the town" in our comfortable rooms. One of our most delightful experiences was returning after dinner, putting on our robes, and sitting together around the beautifully lighted pool area while the "Birthday Girl" opened her presents and reminisced about her relationship with each of us. Posh'es environment is inspiring and Suzy and Mike are delightful and gracious hosts. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The TV was great and I was delighted that the WiFi operated perfectly!
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was in love as soon as I walked into POSH! Susan was so welcoming and accomodating! The happy hour is amazing, and the breakfast is delicious! I won't stay anywhere else in Palm Springs! My husband and I stayed in room #5, which was close to the ice machine, I was worried about noise, but I didn't hear a thing all night. I enjoyed the privacy of being closed in, and being a small boutique hotel, you feel like you have the place all to yourself.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Marina del Rey, Ca USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

It is my sixth time staying at POSH Palm Springs--I would not even think of staying some place else. POSH is the perfect hotel with its extraordinary host and hostess Susan and Mike welcoming you and making sure you feel welcome and your stay is a pleasant and joyful one--Susi and Mike are remakably gracious and warm. Hospitality and beauty harmonize to create the greatest pleasure you will never forget. Choose POSH for your next small or short vacation, it is a 5-star hotel.

Andree Fleischman
Marina del Rey, CA.

Laguna Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Not only was the atmosphere lush and inviting with individually themed rooms surrounding a beautiful pool and salt-water jacuzzi ~ but you feel totally pampered with a luscious happy hour with puupuus and wine and Posh Martinis. And then when you wake up they treat you to a totally decadent and fresh breakfast feast. I can't wait to get back for another stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to POSH Palm Springs Inn? Share your experiences!