“Nice Hotel. Beautiful Lobby” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #31 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs
Moraga, California
“Nice Hotel. Beautiful Lobby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have been coming to Indian Wells to watch the tennis tournament in March. In the last 2 year, we stay at this hotel. The landscape in the front of the hotel and the hotel lobby is beautify. Staff is very nice and helpful. Room is spacious and very clean. Park fee is $10 per day. It is close to downtown, walking distance.

We would come back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

696 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
san luis obispo, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I travel all the time and LOVED this hotel. It’s my new favorite. I am truly surprised (and a little suspicious) about anyone saying the service is bad. What? Every staff person I encountered says hello, and with a genuine tone not "I have to say this." The food was excellent, service wonderful. It is a beautiful hotel, great location, immaculate, comfortable beds, high end toiletries, great view of the mountain (others had pool). I spent a lot of time there, three days at a conference and only left the hotel one night for dinner otherwise was there 24 hours a day and EVERYONE I met was great. Their breakfast buffet is delicious (even lots of fresh berries), the wait staff in every place I went (bar, restaurant and banquet) were so nice.
The only thing I can't comment on is the value since I didn't see the costs of the room, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rochelle C, Executive Office at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your comprehensive review of the Renaissance Palm Springs and for making this your choice for your lodging needs while in Palm Springs. We will share your comments with our ambassadors and let them know that their hard work did not go unnoticed.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Bochum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We spend a wonderful thanksgiving holiday in this hotel.
Especially Deanna at the reception was very nice and extra helpful with travel tips. Not everybody was as guest orientated as she was.
The rooms are nice and clean, pool is great.
One can walk to downtown, a movie theater just across the street.
We liked it so much, that we booked again for next month.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rochelle C, Executive Office at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Renaissance Palm Springs for your lodging needs while in Palm Springs.

We will let your staff know that their hard work and dedication did not go unnoticed and we look forward to your return visit to Palm Springs.

Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. Hotel looks beutiful and even better at night. I had 4th floor suite with king size bed and pool view (you can check view from a balcony on the attached photo).
Bed was super comfortable and room interior is rich and fashionable.
Only few things I was dissapointed about:
1. Room service is slow. My room was cleaned only after 2PM. In most hotels it happens around 11-12.
2. No shower gel in a bathroom. Only soap. It's a bit weird bu they didn't have it.

Hotel located pretty close to downtown. I even walked there (10-20 minutes).
There's a parking. It looks like it was pretty full at night but I didn't have any problems since I parked my car around 6-7PM and didn't use it later.

Room Tip: Take a pool view room. It looks really nice from a balcony at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Rochelle C, Executive Office at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad that the Renaissance Palm Springs was your choice for your lodging needs while in Palm Springs. The opportunities mentioned will be discussed with the appropriate department managers.

We hope that you travels will bring you back to Palm Springs and the Renaissance Palm Springs.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I recent stayed here for one night for business. Upon arrival I was greeted by an extremely rude Bellman, who told me to go see valet for parking (I guess they were out of parking). After speaking with the valet they found a spot for me in their lot. OK. I understand parking as I'm from LA, I know it may be difficult to compensate for a busy weekend. The real problem I encountered was check in. After arguing with what looked like the manager, I was sent to the room that I didn't reserve. I called the front desk to request a room switch, my room smelled terrible, almost like dirty laundry. After waiting on hold for 30 minutes I got an answer. It was no, and an instant hang up.
Not good quality. I called the front desk back and was able to get a room move, after another 30 minutes of waiting. I was told "Gerrado" would help me with the room move. Again, there I was waiting in my new room without my luggage!
45 minutes went by and my luggage finally appeared.
Unacceptable.
This hotel needs to step up management or find a new gm, it is obvious the hotels staff struggles with guests needs. personally, I would suggest an entirely new staff. The hotel is beautiful in a perfect location, with awful staff that can care less. Fortunately for me, my company paid for my stay and I did not waste a dime there.
Renaissance, step it up, live up to the name you hold or become a courtyard or best western. Not quality, not impressed.

• Stayed October 2012
Seattle, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We spent one night here with an internet and breakfast package.
The place has an impressive lobby and pool area, check in was quick and professional.
Our room was very clean and the bed was one of the better mattresses we've ever slept on, and we've spent a lot of time in hotel rooms. The bathroom was huge, although there were no robes which I thought there was supposed to be.
The hotel is well-located to walk to the downtown area.
Breakfast buffet was extensive and the servers were great.
Definitely a good spot if you value cleanliness, professional service, and a well-maintained hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochelle C, Executive Office at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review of our hotel. We are glad that you chose the Renaissance Palm Springs for your stay in Palm Springs. We will certainly share your comments with our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was the 2nd to last hotel stay of our San Fran to LA road trip and it was booked as a stop over more than anything else.

We loved this hotel! It was stylish, Aveda toiletries (yay!) and the pool was stunning (it even has areas where you can lie and sunbathe, whilst cool puffs of cold water mist you to keep you cool!).

We arrived late afternoon and enjoyed a couple of drinks in happy hour (the buffalo wings with a special hotel date sauce are gorgeous!) and our dinner there was also great. We followed it up with coffee in comfy chairs by the gas lit fire pits - couldn't have been more relaxed or impressed with the friendly service.

Free wifi in hotels is great but at the Renaissance, they have 4 computers in the lobby and not only that, they are completely secure (unlike the other hotels we stayed at) so you can at least check bank balances etc in confidence.

Wish we'd stayed longer and had time to explore Palm Springs - would recommend whole heartedly and would say to stay at least 2 nights so you can get the full hotel and Palm Springs experience.

Room Tip: We were on the same side as the entrance and got no sun on the balcony so would recommend the side o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Rochelle C, Executive Office at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
It was with great delight that we read your very comprehensive review of our hotel and services; thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs while in Palm Springs. We will celebrate your comments with our staff.

Thank you again and we do look forward to your return.

John Daw

Been to Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!