“Uneven?” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sammy G's Tuscan Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 250 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Baristo Rd.
Indio, California
“Uneven?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went to this grill for St Patrick's Day and had corn beef and cabbage. I had to specify it when I made reservations. We had to send back 3 out of 5 orders because the food was cold. When it came back cooked it was delicious. They only make the corn beef and cabbage on special order so it was not their regular menu. I will have to try the regular one for a better idea. Service was a little slow and we had to ask for refills. The standard house wines were Chardonnay and Merlot. They were VERY sweet so we sent them back and ordered some others. They did have a good wine selection so we did not have to worry.They also replaced them without a hitch.

Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I had been attracted by the board offering a lunch special of a grilled chicken sandwich with a side for $6.99. The hostess seated us under a lovely umbrella and we soon had our sandwiches with our choice of a side of coleslaw. The chicken breast was grilled perfectly and served on a lovely bun. Absolutely delicious!
We returned the next night for a light dessert, indoors this time. Our waiter brought us heavenly tiramisu martinis followed by a fabulous triple scoop of yummy lemon sorbet. The Tuscan Grill is a keeper.

Visited February 2013
Palm Springs, California
“Horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went with a large group of friends from out of town and looking forward to a enjoyable evening but instead received inadequate horrible service. Waited an extended amount of time for our drinks,salad,appetizers and entree. Was ignored numerous times. Food was overpriced and vegatables were cold. Never will return again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
29 Palms
“Very nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I ordered a chicken dish with mushrooms on top along with potatoes and beans. The chicken, mushrooms and beans were all very good. The potatoes didn't have any season to them and tasted like plain potatoes right out of the pot. I ate outside on a March evening where there were heating units to keep you warm. The staff were all very friendly and I enjoyed the atmosphere very much. Pricing was average for a really nice restaurant, I spent about $45 which included a salad, main course, dessert, and tip. I will most definitely return when I want to treat myself to a nice restaurant.

Lynnwood, Washington
“A lovely evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely meal on the balcony last week. I'm sorry that I can't recall our server's name, but he was very friendly, attentive and efficient. I had sand dabs in a light savory sauce with asparagus and my husband had their gnocchi in a four-cheese sauce, which he loved.

A singer/musician was playing (with recorded music) songs from the 30s, 40s & 50s -- very appropriate and enjoyable.

The prices seem fair for the quality, quantity and service. They also give you a snifter of amaretto and biscotti at the end of your meal. -- We will return the next time we're "in the desert!"