“Great Sushi” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 272 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: i am in charge of planning dinners for the over 30 volunteers ata weekend dance workshop held at the Palm Springs ConventionCenter. We have eaten here every year since we started. Thefood is wonderful, the service is excellent and Christa, the assistant manager is THE BEST!!!! We had a problem and shevery efficiently and professionally solved the problem for us.Ask for Maggy to be your server, and be sure to thank Ernesto,the owner.
“Great Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The sushi chef was excellent and provided great service. Our miso soup was delicious and out in a flash, sushi tasted fresh and was very flavorful all for a reasonable price. We were there for lunch and they had specials so I'm not sure what their dinner menu prices are. We spent $40 for 5 rolls and non alcoholic drinks. The only big knock on the place was our drink service, not the sushi chef's job unfortunately. Our drinks sat unfilled for a while until we notified the sushi guy to find the waitress to refill our drinks. I'd go back there and would recommend if you're having a craving for some desert sushi.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Palm Springs, California
“My wedding reception”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I married on March 10, 2013. We chose Margarita as our reception because we love the ambiance and the food. The service was excellent, the Japanese dishes were great. We love how they arranged the flowers for me and our guests. The food presentation is awesome and CLEAN! :) The price is fair enough and we got what we paid for. Great place for weddings, birthdays, and other special events. My wedding guests were so happy and satisfied.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Springs, California
“Ma·ri·a·chi Brunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Well, three stars mean average and I feel Margarita's Restaurant is definitely average. Except the price which I would put at a little above average.

We have been here twice in the last couple weeks and both times were definitely a solid "average". My wife and I went for lunch on a Thursday. We each had a regular Margarita and I ordered a small plate of seared Ahi Tuna and a cup of Albondiga soup. Both good. The Albondiga soup is a favorite of mine which I order whenever it's available. At Margarita's it was definitely "average".

We have such a good average lunch that we decided to go back for the brunch a couple weeks later. This restaurant has a good spread for brunch with a lot of good "average" food. They have a large menu with three general categories - Mexican, Seafood Pasta and Sushi. When you put all that together in a brunch you get a lot of choices of "average" tasting food. At $25.00 per person for a Champaign brunch the cost is pretty much… you guessed it… "Average".

We had forgotten one thing about the brunch at Margarita's. The have a team of wandering minstrels to annoy the diners. This was really painful to listen to and at times a bit scary. The team walks the isles and plant themselves right next to the table of innocent brunchers. Try to get to the buffet line with a team of howling minstrels blocking your way. Not happening. All you can do is cover your ears any pray for it to end.

There was one particularly frightening moment when the singers told everyone to dance. Now we have waiters, waitresses, busboys, several small children and the singers all dancing around in the isles as the diners are trying to carry plates of hot food back from the buffet line. I didn't see and collisions and I believe everyone survived.

All in all just an "Average" brunch at Margarita's.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Average to Below Avgerage”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pros: Friendly service, Mexican Food was Ok.
Cons: Margaritas were overly sweet or had way to much alcohol, there was inconsistency in their drinks.

Overall I would not go back to this place, the main dishes were OK (nothing to complain about) but the drinks were not great. Also the restaurants serves Mexican, Sushi and other seafood...it was a strange combination but I did not have it in me to try the sushi. The atmosphere was causal and friendly.

Visited April 2013
“Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great margaritas, good food. Not really a fan of mexican food, but this was very good. Then had fun music playing and it was a very busy place, so a lot people must have agreed with me.

Visited April 2013