“Relaxing and pleasant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Eclipse Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Desert Eclipse Resort
You added Desert Eclipse Resort to your Saves list
537 S Grenfall Rd, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Relaxing and pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

My partner and I stayed 5 nights in April and had a FANTASTIC time. The owners were great--incredibly friendly, helpful with dining and nightlife suggestions, and generally great guys. The place was quiet with a beautiful pool/hottub area with lots of birds and flowers. The bed was perhaps the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever experienced. We can't wait til we head back to Palm Springs again. We'll definitely be staying at Desert Eclipse again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

This is what we wanted.
The guys are maintaining their resort to keep it spotless and fresh.
They were very attentive not to put the music on too early (we were sleeping till 10am), leaving the breakfast out a bit later, and switching on the mist sprays just for us.
The room are luxurious: nice flat screen, egyptian cotton linen, up to date bathroom.
The pool and jacuzzi were good for relaxing in water.
Thanks Michael and Scott. We really loved staying with you and we didn't want to leave paradise.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

Recently got back from almost a weeks stay at the Desert Eclipse Resort and I can't say enough good things about it. From the moment you step onto the resort grounds you feel the stress melt away. The owners are friendly and available but leave you to enjoy in peace.
I have been coming to PS for many years on vacations and while I love the city some of the resorts are quite frankly dumps. This place is spotless from top to toe. The pool is sparkling clean and the grounds are very well cared for and it shows. Our room was very clean , modern and comfortable. In the kitchen everything you can possibly need is provided for you . We are both early risers but had a hard time get it out of bed. It was one of the best beds I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping in.
Alot of of love has gone into this place and it shows. We will certainly come back to PS and stay here.

london, uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

Regular Palm Springers for over 12 years now, my partner and I decided to stay at the Desert Eclipse for the first time for 2 weeks in May 2010. I had several email communications with Scott prior to choosing their resort and it was the efficiency, warmth and quick responses to my questions that secured our reservation. We had several small requests that were met with complete understanding and humour, as my partner needed to work most mornings of our stay. Our close friends from San Francisco joined us for a week and were equally impressed - we have all re-booked for a birthday celebration in October and will be staying another 2 weeks.

The resort has been completely remodeled and is immaculate in every detail. The bed linen is ironed luxuriously by hand and beautiful to sleep in, the beds so comfortable and the bedroom and bathroom beautifully appointed and so tastefully decorated. The spacious kitchen in our suite was a great asset during our stay as was our back patio.

The pool and grounds are faultlessly maintained and were a real pleasure to use and enjoy. The resort attracts genuine and lovely travellers from all around the globe and the atmosphere was relaxed and more sophisticated than others we know of.

We quickly made friends with Scott and Michael, the owners par excellence, and their wonderful, sweet dog, Joshua; nothing was ever too much trouble. This resort really is a jewel in the desert crown and we cannot wait to return later in the year and for many years to come. Thank you for such an exceptionally lovely holiday, and more importantly thank you too for your generous gift of friendship.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

I always hate wrting these things when you find a treasure because everyone will start going there which is great for them, but bad for us trying to get a room. We stayed five nights with friends at the DE and had a wonderful time. The owners (and Josh) are very friendly and you always felt like they were glad you were there. The room was clean and well organized and the kitchen in the room was perfect. If you stay here you will not be disappointed and you will most likely feel like you are visiting old freinds (the kind who Don't get in your business all the time) which is the best. Like every place you stay there are always a couple of very minor little things I would change but everyone has there own ideas don't they. So I say "Bravo Guys" you have made us very happy and we will be back many times.....

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

I have finally found a resort I can bring my dog to that doesn't feel anything like a resort I can bring my dog to! I didn't hold much hope for a really nice place to stay, due to the fact that both my friend and I wanted a place we could bring our dogs. Situated a short walk from the center of all kinds of action, the Desert Elipse COMPLETELY changed the image I have of where it's possible to stay with pets. I would even come here withOUT my dog, it was that nice!
While drinking coffee one morning around the pool with another guest, I commented that one of the owners must have OCD, which is a HUGE compliment in my book- Everything was clean and maintained and orderly, the decor and the surroundings were impeccable and a lot of forethought went into the design and landscaping. This conversation happened while I was under the Palm Springs morning sun, drinking a special blend of coffee named after the resort, petting my dogs head and wearing one of the supplied bathrobes- It was just such a nice, peaceful moment, I can't wait to go back and do it all over again!
I could go on about the quality of the owners, the friendliness of the other guests or the 8 million thread-count sheets, but I noticed that every single review of this property has given a score of 100%, and that should speak louder than anything I could say

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

The place is gorgeous and has been recently remodeled. You would think it was a new building and the grounds are perfectly cared for. The suites are equiped with a full kitchen, flat screen tv, super comfortable beds and a great private patio for you and your dog! The main dining and shopping area are withing walking distance or a very short taxi ride away. The owners are friendly and helpful but definatlely respect your privacy and space. Booked as a last minute trip to Palm Springs, I could not be happier with the Desert Eclipse!! I have found a new home away from home in Palm Springs and the Desert Eclipse!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Desert Eclipse Resort? Share your experiences!