“Great view and staff!” 4 of 5 stars

One Tramway Road, Palm Springs, CA 92262
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Peaks Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 271 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palm Canyon Road
Laguna Beach, California
“Great view and staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

have what ever you want just not the vegie burger! After having vegie burgers all over america and other countries this is the second worst i have ever had! Salads were great and service was good!!

Visited March 2013

Palm Springs, California
“Pack a dinner yourself”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

It was my Birthday, so I got some good friends to take me to Peaks for Dinner. I have eaten there before so the 4 of us were prepared for mediocre meal, it was the company that it was all about and the view, and sadly that is the way it ended up.

Let start with the cost of the meal. $82 for 4 tram tickets and $229 (excluding tip) for the meal. We were told the advertised Tram and Meal was not available to us.

$300+ for a meal for four, you are better off staying on the ground and finding a restaurant in Palm Springs. Service at Peaks was bad, I get better service at Johns restaurant than I did at Peaks. Can we get one of those reality shows up on the hill to clean up the service. The employees all seemed to care about leaving then serving us a pleasant evening

We arrive at the restaurant and announce our reservation for 4 at 7:00. We are told one second while they talked, they promptly shown to our table. There is where the service goes down hill. The menus were stacked up on the corner of the table and she turned and left, a buss boy comes by before we are seated and says, bread and puts the bread on top of the menus. Both walk away. So we seat ourselves move the bread bowl and pass out the menus to ourselves, not the service I expect at an ala carte restaurant. The rest of the night we just seemed rushed, The waitress comes to our table, doesn't ask if we want drinks but said can I have your order. So we start with our cocktail order and our dinner order, and one appetizer. The appetizer shows up and the bus boy places it directly in front of one person when we clearly said we are sharing it. He dumped it and walked away. We giggled. (that was the best we could do) Our salads show up and no fresh ground pepper offered and no salt and pepper on the table. 3 minutes later we flag down somebody to get us salt and pepper. The meals show up, 3 steaks and 1 pork chop. Of the three steaks mine (birthday boy) was road kill, it was so tough I couldn't cut it with the knife. I ordered Medium. I told the waitress and she did offer to correct it, this is why they get 1 check mark, she was willing to correct the steak, but at this point I felt there was no need in getting something fixed. The night was over, we had the impending feeling we had to leave so they could clean and leave.

The rest meal was just bad. For a restaurant that is ala carte, the steak was just on a plate, no sides, the service sadly did not match. Of the 4 meals, 2 steaks were ok, the porkchop was dry and my steak was really bad. The brocollini with garlic butter, was cooked perfectly, but no garlic nor butter. It was just steamed. For these prices this should not happen.

oh, oh oh, I forgot to mention, the bread that was placed on top of the menus. They were those brown and serve (wonder bread) rolls. They didn't even break them apart. it was 6 white bread rolls stuck together, Sad bread. Again for these prices the rolls could have at least been broken apart.

I will not be going back, and I will not recommend this to anybody.

Yes go to the top of the tram its a great view, you paid for the view on the ticket price, but please do not eat at PEAKS, their high prices just are not worth the poor service and mediocre food, bring your own picnic lunch you will be much more happier.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ijamsville
“Have a drink, but have dinner elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The view is lovely...drinks before dinner was great, however the dinner was not worth the $. I had the brushetta and tapenda appettizer which was good, as well as a salad. My husband that the steak which he claimed was the worst he has ever eaten, It was a pretty pricey meal that really wasn't worth it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cary, Illinois
“Decent food, horrible service and attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

With reservations we were seated promptly by the Hostess who was a little less than friendly, but a bit short of rude. We ordered a round of drinks from our server, who did not get the order right and finally after one of us had our drink for 10 plus minutes, she delivered the right drink to my husband. She wanted to take our order twice before bringing the proper drink. We ordered an appetizer but not dinner yet because we felt like we might get everything together or would be rushed through. Shrimp appetizer was excellent. Then we ordered dinner and side salads. The side salads were served with the meal not before and mine was drowned in dressing, although I had requested the dressing on the side. My salmon was raw so I had to send the salad and the meal back. The waitress said they usually serve the salmon medium rare. What??? I wasn't having sushi or Ahi Tuna, I wanted my salmon cooked. So she took it back. They did bring me a new meal and side salad, again served together. By then my husband was done with his meal. It was clear our waitress was not experienced as she did not have a clue that the salad should come out first. It would have been nice the 2nd time if she would have delivered the salad 1st so I had something to do while my husband was eating his dinner. My husband had the filet which was very good and the salmon was good the 2nd time. By the time my meal came out, I was not in the mood to eat alone, so I ate the salad and had 3/4 or the meal in a to go container, which took 3 requests to get a container. My husband had cheesecake for dessert which was good, but after our request for silverware was ignored we had to get up and get our own silverware. I think if the meal had been served properly, I would be giving this a 4 or 5 star. The waitress was pleasant, but clueless. The bill was $130.00 for 2 people, the service should have been outstanding, and it just wasn't.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Northridge, CA
“Great View, Very Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went with the wife for a trip up the tramway and decided to eat before taking a hike. Looked at the cafeteria and said, "No!". Looked at the Peaks and said, "Okay". What a pleasant surprise!
A Great View! The service was very good! The Vegetarian Burger probably the best the wife had ever had. The only reason it is a 5 star experience is I felt that the food was a little pricey, but the next time I am there I will dine there again just for the view!

• Visited January 2013