“Very nice little resort...” 4 of 5 stars

Azure Sky Resort
1661 Calle Palo Fierro, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Ranked #30 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs
Redmond, Washington
“Very nice little resort...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I was very pleasantly surprised with Azure Skys. Usually we stay in large newer resorts, but this was a quick trip solo to P.S. and I exchanged one of my timeshare weeks for Azure. The managers were very nice and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable with a great little private patio off the back of the room.
The resort was very quiet and usually less than three people at the pool. This is a resort of more mature couples and not for partiers or children (although I did se a family with two young kids). Perfect for lounging around, swimming, reading, and a touch down spot while visiting the attractions.
If you are looking for a 5 star resort with activities and gyms onsite, this is not the place...if you are looking for a quiet, small get away that is close to everything in Palm Springs, (including the airport), then this is a great resort. They only have about 9 units.
I would definately return to Azure Sky for a relaxing vacation!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

we stayed at this hotel in 2 rooms one was a one bedroom and the other one was a studio both where newly renovated very nice and comfortable very clean and cozy would recommend for anyone great place i read the other reviews and i was stunned i sent down a friend to check it out and he told me i was nothing like any of the reviews so we jumped in at around $60.00 per night great rate and it was a steal of a deal we where not disappointed at all its very very nice and clean also very quiet maybe not all rooms are newly redone but ours was very nice nice kitchen and nice living room and big comfy bedroom!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

worst i have seen. built in 50s, and the kitchen may have been remodeled in the 70s. carpet is filthy and smells of pet urine. paid for a week in advance and left in the middle of the night the first day. don't even go there!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
LOS ANGELES
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

The first day, I opened the cabinet and there was a bug on the plate. A night or two later, we saw flying roaches on the floor and ceilings. They were very huge. We went to the office and there was a phone outside that you can pick up in order to call the manager, they said that they would call back and help us with the situation. It was 12:45am when I called. We waited outside and finally at 1:40am we decided to go back into the room to try to kill the bugs ourselves. At around 2:30 the manager finally called us back and moved us to another room. She stated that they only have beattles and not roaches. We went into the room and we immediately saw three spiders. Two in the room and one next to the air conditioner. When I woke up in the morning, there were two more big black bugs crawling on the floor. We smacked it a couple of times and it was still alive. I went to the manager & asked for the refund back because I still had 3 days left until check out date and she said it wasn't possible because I had timeshare. I told her I will call timeshare and see what they can do and left for breakfast. Instead, she checked me out without my permission. When I got back there at 2pm she wasnt there. The lobby was closed. I went back into the room & went back to the office at 3, she started yelling at me for going into the room because she already checked me out. I never asked her to check me out and she did and then yelled at me. She was very rude. Also, I even have pics of the bugs to prove it

• Liked — nothing. everything was horrible. please stay away from this place.
  • Disliked — the bugs everywhere, the horrible service from the manager, no one was ever in the front desk, no refund back even though checked out early
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2007

We stayed here using RCI points. It was small and friendly. The pool was great and the BBQ on the patio was cool.
We loved the warm weather and the relaxing atmosphere and would suggest this as somewhere to stay.

• Liked — Pool
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2004

Went to Azure sky for the 4th of july weekend, and thought it was a great place for the price I paid. While I did not use the pool, or tennis court, the room was very nice and cozy. I loved having the full kitchen and the two person bathroom. The room was really clean when I arrived which was a very late arrival and they gave me no problems whatsoever on checking in late, or switching credit cards to pay for the room. I would definitely go back here again.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2004

ok me and a bunch of my friends rented this room at Azure sky resort for Spring Break.....we got there at 11:00 am the two people(1 man and 1woman) were so Rude they made us wait until 1:oo in 98 degrees. thats not bad the room we got was nothing compared to what we were expecting..... the patio looked horrible.... the lady told us if you guys smoke in the rooms u'll get charged 50.00 extra... friday night we were drinking and having fun..... early saturday morning knocks came from the door all of us were sleeping...the knocks at the door turned to banging...finally we opened it thought someone needed help .Opened the door and was lookin at the 2 workers that treated us like ---- yesterday...THREATENING if we dont keep it down we are goin to get kicked out....NOT once she did this 4 times during the day....kept callin our room and PUTTIN oUR ------ ON CHECK!!! saturday night we had friends come over we we're bbq'in and watchin the LAKERS GAME! having the SAME OLD LADY CALL MY ROOM AND SAY U CAN ONLY HAVE 4 PEOPLE IN THE ROOM OR ELSE U ARE ALL OUT! i got pissed but Kept ma cool. i told her we were watchin a basketball game as soon as it finishes we will leave. in turn SHE THREATENED if at 9:00 pm she comes to check the room and there's more than 4 people everyone is getting out and basically we wont have a place to stay. sunday morning......10:00 WOKE US UP MADE SURE WE GOT OUT OF THE RESORT!!! when my bill came SHE HAD CHARGED US AN EXTRA 50.00 DOLLARS .....and let me tell you we smoked on the patio and when we were smokin the doors and windows were closed and there was no butts on the ground ......SHE HAdnt told me she was goin to charge any extra fee's.... I HATE THIS PLACE....PLEASE WHEN U SEE IT FROM THE OUTSIDE U"LL KNOW IT ISNT A RESORT... it would be more useful if it were tore down and built into a parking lot......WOULDNT RECOMMEND this place EVEN TO MY ENEMY!!!!

Been to Azure Sky Resort? Share your experiences!