“Nice but could be updated” 3 of 5 stars

Oasis Villa Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   4190 East Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Ranked #38 of 72 Hotels in Palm Springs
Mill Bay, Canada
“Nice but could be updated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 weeks in a studio apartment. The staff were friendly and helpful and the grounds are quite lovely and well looked after. The pools (8) and fitness room were good. The room was good (has a washer and dryer, along with a full kitchen), but a bit dated (TV's, heat duct blew dust, channel selection I thought was poor), and the Wi-Fi was absolutely terrible. Ok for a few e-mails but extremely difficult, many times impossible, to load pages and painfully slow. A lot of people I know are travelling with iPads and smartphones and now use them (with things like Trip Advisor) to find local attractions, restaurants, etc. Not possible to do that here. Had to go to Starbucks. It was a long 3 weeks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The resort is beautiful and well maintained. The location is very good along 111 near the Palm Springs / Cathedral City border. You will not want a unit that backs up to 111 due to the noise – all others are fine. What is confusing is the types of units in the property. Some are timeshares, some are owned outright by individuals and rented out or rented by a property management company. Some units are great and recently remodeled, while others look like nobody has touched them in a couple decades. My suggestions – have them send you pictures of the actual unit you will be staying in. My place was great…I enjoyed the place very much.

Room Tip: Have them send you picture of the unit you will staying at if you are renting from an individual or...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JABoughton, Inventory Management at Oasis Villa Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our resort. The professional photos posted on Trip Advisor are of the timeshare units for those reading this review. In addition our 2 bedroom units were recently updated and our one bedroom and studio timeshare units at Oasis will undergo renovation this year .Come back and visit our resort again soon, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Sammamish, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here from 12/26/12 until 12/31/12. No complaints what so ever. Our studio room was clean, comfortable and quiet. We were in town to play some golf and this place was very convenient for us. Soaked in as adult only hot tub each night and almost always had it to ourselves. The garage was nice to have so we didn't have to carry the clubs upstairs on the days we didn't play. The only drawback I could see would be if you got a room on the other side of the resort that is along the road. Could be a little noisy if you were out on your deck or patio having a BBQ. We plan on going back next year and will stay here again if we can get a room in the same quiet area.

Room Tip: Try for a room away from the Hwy 111 side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mill Bay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Booked 21 nights here to see if this area is good to spend time in in the winter. Very attractive grounds and many pools, but don't plan to communicate with the outside world except by the landline. Wi-Fi is absolutely terrible. Very difficult to get on the Internet and when I do it is slow and often impossible to load sites. I had to go off site or, they advise using the main reception areas. Because we are here for 3 weeks, need to do some work, locate nearby sights, make further travel plans, check bank account, etc. Looks like it's going to be a long 3 weeks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Corona, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here for free (2 nights) by going to a timeshare meeting. So I realyl can't complain -- but I will.

So we get our room and try and locate it. (Next time it would be helpful to know its upstairs). We are given a garage door opener and key to the bikes. I drive a 4-door sedan and the garage was very tight. Forget it with an SUV! (Note the bokes were a nice touch although we never got to use them).

The pools were nice and plentiful. They were heated to a nice temperature, as were the jacuzzis. The 1-bedroom was decent in size, but very out-dated. Big old TVs. Older countertops. A murphy bed (more on that later). The timeshare room they showed me was much nicer and updated. Eachc room has a BBQ which is a nice touch (although we never used it).

We are in the room and my 13-year old already feels creeped out. She cant explain it but I felt the same way. So, we make some dinner then head to one of the pools. My son (11) has a nice time swimming then we go back upstairs. My daughter finds the murphy bed very odd. I told her its not that odd but she keeps telling me it is. Okay, her opinion. It didnt bother me plus gave you the couch to sit on while she was on the murphy bed.

They are disappointed there is no internet in the rooms (unless you pay for it). Most condos we have stayed in via Monarch Grand Vacations offer this so maybe we are spoiled. Its is almost 2013 so why no internet, I dont know.

I find out that about 1/4 of the condos are still owner-residents. They are not part of the time share. Most of the other units were purchased for the time-share purposes, but some are still holding onto their homes. This explains a lot of why these folks were so stand-offish. No one looked at you when you passed them or even said hello. One guy stopped on the stairs and stared us down when we were coming back from the pool. Their homes are being taken over by "tourists" and people coming and going. Now I know why it felt so creepy.

We were supposed to stay 2-nights, but left within 24 hours. I didn sleep well the first night because 1) I was worried about my kids since my daughter was so creeped out and 2) there is giant free-floating beam running down the center of the ceiling and I thought it could easily fall. I am not a paranoid person but it seemed out of place.

I wont even go into the time share meeting since its really not reflective of the property.

Room Tip: The downstairs 2-bedrooms have nice patio areas.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Roseville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We checked in about an hour ago so I wanted to put down my first impressions. If anything changes, I will make an addendum. Here it is. The grounds look beautiful as another traveler said. Very impressive coming from the gate to the administration building. Our check in took all of 5-10 minutes. Very efficient. We were given keys to our own bicycles and a garage opener to our own garage. We thought we were in for something really amazing. Then we got to our upstairs 1 bedroom unit which backed right up to the street. Opening the door I was assaulted with the smell of pine sol and stale carpet. Speaking of the carpet, it was old and tired, worn and stained. The TV's are the old picture tube 20" type. I didn't know they were still around. The kitchen is nicely equipped and the balcony has a nice BBQ with gas hooked up already. The bed is quite soft but fine. That's a personal opinion. Sitting on the sofa I just about fell into the darn thing. The pools are small but reasonably maintained. Overall, I'm sure this was someplace special at one point but it really needs updating and a little TLC in the units. It's fine but not special if that makes sense.

Room Tip: Ask when the last time anything was updated.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights in August on a Living Social deal. Our one bedroom unit was spotless, and we enjoyed the various pools (there are like 6 or 7!) We found the space very livable, and wished we could have stayed longer. The private garage was very convenient, if a bit tight. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Oasis Villa Resort? Share your experiences!