“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs
Sammamish, Washington
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here from 12/26/12 until 12/31/12. No complaints what so ever. Our studio room was clean, comfortable and quiet. We were in town to play some golf and this place was very convenient for us. Soaked in as adult only hot tub each night and almost always had it to ourselves. The garage was nice to have so we didn't have to carry the clubs upstairs on the days we didn't play. The only drawback I could see would be if you got a room on the other side of the resort that is along the road. Could be a little noisy if you were out on your deck or patio having a BBQ. We plan on going back next year and will stay here again if we can get a room in the same quiet area.

Room Tip: Try for a room away from the Hwy 111 side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Mill Bay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Booked 21 nights here to see if this area is good to spend time in in the winter. Very attractive grounds and many pools, but don't plan to communicate with the outside world except by the landline. Wi-Fi is absolutely terrible. Very difficult to get on the Internet and when I do it is slow and often impossible to load sites. I had to go off site or, they advise using the main reception areas. Because we are here for 3 weeks, need to do some work, locate nearby sights, make further travel plans, check bank account, etc. Looks like it's going to be a long 3 weeks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Corona, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here for free (2 nights) by going to a timeshare meeting. So I realyl can't complain -- but I will.

So we get our room and try and locate it. (Next time it would be helpful to know its upstairs). We are given a garage door opener and key to the bikes. I drive a 4-door sedan and the garage was very tight. Forget it with an SUV! (Note the bokes were a nice touch although we never got to use them).

The pools were nice and plentiful. They were heated to a nice temperature, as were the jacuzzis. The 1-bedroom was decent in size, but very out-dated. Big old TVs. Older countertops. A murphy bed (more on that later). The timeshare room they showed me was much nicer and updated. Eachc room has a BBQ which is a nice touch (although we never used it).

We are in the room and my 13-year old already feels creeped out. She cant explain it but I felt the same way. So, we make some dinner then head to one of the pools. My son (11) has a nice time swimming then we go back upstairs. My daughter finds the murphy bed very odd. I told her its not that odd but she keeps telling me it is. Okay, her opinion. It didnt bother me plus gave you the couch to sit on while she was on the murphy bed.

They are disappointed there is no internet in the rooms (unless you pay for it). Most condos we have stayed in via Monarch Grand Vacations offer this so maybe we are spoiled. Its is almost 2013 so why no internet, I dont know.

I find out that about 1/4 of the condos are still owner-residents. They are not part of the time share. Most of the other units were purchased for the time-share purposes, but some are still holding onto their homes. This explains a lot of why these folks were so stand-offish. No one looked at you when you passed them or even said hello. One guy stopped on the stairs and stared us down when we were coming back from the pool. Their homes are being taken over by "tourists" and people coming and going. Now I know why it felt so creepy.

We were supposed to stay 2-nights, but left within 24 hours. I didn sleep well the first night because 1) I was worried about my kids since my daughter was so creeped out and 2) there is giant free-floating beam running down the center of the ceiling and I thought it could easily fall. I am not a paranoid person but it seemed out of place.

I wont even go into the time share meeting since its really not reflective of the property.

Room Tip: The downstairs 2-bedrooms have nice patio areas.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Roseville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We checked in about an hour ago so I wanted to put down my first impressions. If anything changes, I will make an addendum. Here it is. The grounds look beautiful as another traveler said. Very impressive coming from the gate to the administration building. Our check in took all of 5-10 minutes. Very efficient. We were given keys to our own bicycles and a garage opener to our own garage. We thought we were in for something really amazing. Then we got to our upstairs 1 bedroom unit which backed right up to the street. Opening the door I was assaulted with the smell of pine sol and stale carpet. Speaking of the carpet, it was old and tired, worn and stained. The TV's are the old picture tube 20" type. I didn't know they were still around. The kitchen is nicely equipped and the balcony has a nice BBQ with gas hooked up already. The bed is quite soft but fine. That's a personal opinion. Sitting on the sofa I just about fell into the darn thing. The pools are small but reasonably maintained. Overall, I'm sure this was someplace special at one point but it really needs updating and a little TLC in the units. It's fine but not special if that makes sense.

Room Tip: Ask when the last time anything was updated.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights in August on a Living Social deal. Our one bedroom unit was spotless, and we enjoyed the various pools (there are like 6 or 7!) We found the space very livable, and wished we could have stayed longer. The private garage was very convenient, if a bit tight. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lodi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was very impressed with the property upon driving into the resort. From the front of the resort it appeared well kept, large, and the front desk help was helpful. Unfortunately the room itself was disappointing.
Upon walking up to our two bedroom villa I noticed weeds growing throughout the flower beds onto the front walk way. Once inside the villa I found the room to be dirty. The floors didn't appear to have been mopped in months, there were cob webs hanging from the ceiling, the refrigerator. wasn't cleaned out, there was food stuck to the walls, and the cabinets were sticky with food. I attempted to clean the villa myself only to find the vacuum broken and the floors and cabinets were so caked with dirt and food I couldn't get them clean with the few supplies I had brought with me.
The villa furniture was nice. I was surprised to only see a TV in one of the bedrooms. We were also disappointed that there internet services would only work for a few minutes at a time and then shut down. We had better luck using the McDonalds internet. I also found that the only way to use my iPhone was to walk out on the drive way. I lost all cell coverage in the room.
When walking around the resort it appears they have permanent residents living in the villas. Many of villas were decorated differently and some of the residents were quite loud at 10:00 at night.
We were supposed to stay for 7 nights. We decided to leave early and eat the cost of the room after 3 nights.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

nice 1 bedroom villa for a family of 5, plenty of space. full kitchen, other than needing to call to supply us with the use of a pan and no coffee maker in the room, the staff quickly met our needs. Also, our room had a king size bed in the a private room, murphy bed in the living area and couch. The use of 2 bikes included in your stay. Tennis and basketball also available on the premises. Beautifully landscaping, wonderful getaway, would stay again. Nice large pool and additionally 7 more pools available close to the villa. shops close by, downtown PS, great location!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Oasis Villa Resort? Share your experiences!