“Amazing service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Pasadena, Ca
“Amazing service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

Staff went above and beyond to provide amazing service from the minute we walked in to the moment we left. We will most definately be back.
Highlights of our stay included
-Handed an ice cold beer at check in
-Staff provided incredible dining recomendations
-Unrestricted use of the pool and fire pit
-Pet friendly
-Coffee, ice cold filtered drinking water, and the local paper all available poolside in the morning
-Complimentary use of the hotel's bicycles

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Beverwijk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

We picked the Del Marcos hotel from the Lonely Planet and it was even better than we expected. We first stayed only one night after leaving LA but after our visit to Las Vegas there was only one place we wanted to return to: the Del Marcos!
The atmosphere is great and we really felt we were 'coming home'. Janice really makes this place special and makes you feel very welcome. One morning she had donuts and coffee for breakfast for all the guests which was so nice.
The rooms are very nice, we first had the Stewart E. Williams room and later on the Desert Oasis room which was even better. The beds are great, the bathrooms are all renovated and the decorations and furniture are all in the '50 and '60 style. At the pool we enjoyed the music in the background, very relaxing!
We must admit that the other guests also contributed to the great atmosphere at the Del Marcos. During Biker's Weekend there were a lot of great guests around and we enjoyed talking to them.

Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

This was my first time visiting Palm Springs and I couldn't have picked a nicer place to stay. The Del Marcos was perfect for this Mid Century Modern Fan. I just loved the William F. Cody architecture (actually why I picked the hotel.) Janice greeted me at the front desk with a beer (and when she found out the airlines lost my luggage she gave me another one.) It was a good start to relaxing weekend. Being my first time to Palm Spring, Janice pointed me in the direction of some nice places to eat (cheekys and bit of country.) The rooms were nice and not overly done. I was able to switch rooms, so I got a feel for more than one. I really liked the "Shag" room (named after the artist Shag.) Plus it was on the end and only had a couple of steps to the pool. The pool was fantastic. They use salt instead of chlorine and it felt better. I also like that they played 40's music around the pool. Very relaxing. Don't miss the wine and cheese get together. I met some really nice people and enjoyed having a drink with them after coming back from dinner.

Thanks again Janice and Lenny for making my first trip to Palm Spring a great one. I plan to come back .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

I have been to palm springs many times in my life. But I got to tell you that this was one of the greatest places I have stayed. The feeling was so comfortable the music playing at the pool was so relaxing. When you wanted to take a little trip out of the hotel the hotel offers complimentary bikes to go around the town. The rooms at the hotel were great also with the nice mid century modern furniture. I recommend everyone to stay at the hotel. I promise you will have the most relaxing trip staying at this hotel. I can guarantee it,

Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

We stayed at the Del Marcos for our 25th wedding Anniversary. From the first phone called I was sold on the Hotel. The Managers - Janice and Lenny were so accommodating and friendly. The Hotel was exactly what We expected - retro, intimate and relaxing. Janice started our stay with Champagne - in honor of our Anniversary. Our room was small but perfectly situated near the pool. We loved the tile in the bathroom, the decor through out the Hotel and the 40's music playing outside. The Hotel is situated right downtown and close to all amenities. We loved having a glass of wine at night and visiting with wonderful new friends. We enjoyed using the complimentary bike cruisers, riding through Palm Springs! By far the Hotel's greatest asset is the staff - the Managers are just the most professional, warm, service orientated couple we have experienced in our many years of traveling. We will be back as soon as we can!

Cathedral City, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

My wife and I just stayed for the weekend during Palm Springs American Heat Biker Weekend and had a fabulous time. Spent the day at the pool listening to the 40's and 50's music they play and the setting around the pool and mountain view was fantastic. Had our drinks just steps away in the room and loved every minute. The staff was fantastic and we'll definitely stay there again soon.

Garden Grove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

My husband, our dog and I spent one night here and didn't know what to expect because we booked it based on the review. Turn out the place was amazingly nice. The staffs were so friendly and had beers waiting for us at check in. They also gave our dog a bone. We had Esquivel room and we were so impressed with it, so roomy with kitchenette and the private patio in the back for our dog. We loved the room decoration and it's cleanliness. Walking distance to the town is another plus. The saltwater pool was a nice touch with the mountain view. We really enjoyed the stay here and won't stay anywhere else when we're in Palm Springs. For the price, you can't beat it. Looking forward for our next trip and this time we'd like to experience different room because every room has it's own theme.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Del Marcos Hotel? Share your experiences!