“I Would Recommend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Los Angeles, California
“I Would Recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My Sister In Law and I stayed here for a week in November. Our reception was great. Brian at the front desk really knew the City well and provided us with all the information we needed to make our stay fun. We also had friends come and visit us and they were very accommodating by placing them in the room next door. The Hotel is very old and has been renovated a number of times but it's clean, maid service was great and the pool and hot tub were sparkling clean. The outside grounds are very well maintained, swept and other people's pet's poop picked up by the following morning. Shame on them because I have a little dog and it's as a result of naughty pet owners that the good ones suffer. Come on people why can't you pick up? I see the gardners daily checking for pesky tiny ants. Just bring some Raid. I'd recommend and certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated one. Not all of them are.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you so much for giving us such a nice review. We do appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have stayed here many times before and the friendliness of all staff makes it a very pleasant place to stay. Rooms are spotless and comfortable. Location is first class. Swimming pool area is excellent with plenty of space, loungers etc. There was a wind storm whilst we were there and the staff were running around and working hard to get everything back to normal and clean for future guests. The Manager can't do enough to please and ensure your stay is memorable. We will certainly be staying here on our next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms at back are good as they give nice view of park and mountains.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Art F, Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response. I am going to share your review with my staff. It is nice for them to know they are doing something right. We look forward to seeing you again.
aspen, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

this older hotel has clean rooms and a very nice swimming pool and deck. we chose the hotel because they accept pets. the location is on a nice park and a nice neighborhood for walking. our room had been remodeled-ground floor back by the park. it had new sheets and bedspreads. the bed was comfortable. it had a small fridge and microwave and coffeemaker.the exterior of the building probably needs paint, but we had a good experience and the price is very reasonable. the staff was nice too. there was no breakfast like at most quality inns, but diner restaurant in front gives small discount.

Room Tip: we like the back on the park- ground floor near pool because we had dogs with us.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again.
Crestline, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Well, The pool area is spacious. The room Okay. The front door was dirty on the inside. And it did not automatically close properly. It had an inroom coffee maker. And adjacent Carrow's Coffee shop, offering 10% discounts. For $59 there are other hotels, in Palm Springs, that are better. I liked it has two sets of drapes One a sheer. And a shutter door to the dressing/sink/bathroom area. But Like I said, just because there is a good looking person working there does not mean the room is equal.

Room Tip: Try A different Hotel. There are LOTS to chose from in Palm Springs
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. First of all thank you for the compliment to our front desk representative - I don't know which one you are referring to so I am going to share it with all of the front desk staff and make them all feel good.

I am sorry you were disappointed in our hotel.
Gilbert, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at this location a while back. Until I had resolved the refund I did not want to review.
We reserved their 1 bedroom suite, which was basically 2 rooms with 1 of them set as a living area. When we arrived the AC did not work so the person at the dest found us another room. It was dirty as in they had not serviced the room from the night before. The bed was turned all the way down, the bathroom towels were used and on the floor. I went back the desk. He then found me a room that although was a 2 rooms there was not couch to entertain our guest who were due the next day. I went back to the desk. I was then sent to another used room and settled on the room without the couch. All things are fine until about midnight when someone is trying to enter the room with a working key. The safety lock is the only thing that kept them from walking in on us. They had been rented this room by the night clerk. Then we go to bed and my wife feels something crawling on her. WE pull the covers back and what looks like a small roach is in bed with us. We checked out and had to find a room at 2 AM on a Fri night. The room we found was $80 more than the one we were forced to leave.

On Monday I contacted the manager who forwarded my issue to a person who said they were the owner. He gave me a refund for the room that I did not stay in because there were bugs in it. That was nice.

There are many hotels in PS that are in this price range that will actually clean the rooms between guest and will not give strangers the keys to your room at midnight.

Room Tip: Always use the safety lock so that if they give your keys out people can not get in. I would also ch...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
la
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Let me preface this review by saying I am a non smoker. Recently i stayed at this property for two nights in two different rooms while awaiting to move into my new place in town.
On the second night a friend came over who does smoke. Like he does at home, he smoked outside the room. He picked up the cigarette butts and bought them into the room so as not to litter the hotel grounds.We later went to the Agua Caliente Casino, a smokey environment and then make to the hotel room.
After checking out a received a $100 on my hotel bill for "smoking" in the room. I explained through emails to the manager (Mr. Flores) , what the situation was and to date have not seen the charges removed.
My advice to anyone who plans on staying here , DON'T. If you do litter the grounds with your cigarette butts since doing the right thing and picking up after yourself will only get you in extra charges from the management. And of course don't dare go near a casino 'cause the smoke smell from your clothes will also result in "smoking" charges.
I am a Diamond member with Hilton and Platinum for life with Sheraton/Starwood and in the 30 years i have staying in hotels this is the first "smoking" charge I have ever received.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Art F, Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We are sorry you are upset by the $100 smoking fee you were charged. We do not take pleasure in charging this fee. I personally checked your room as well as the executive housekeeper. The room had such a strong odor of cigarette smoke that we had to call in an outside company to deep clean it at a cost to us. We appreciate that you do not smoke as I also do not smoke. I'm sure your aware that people who do not smoke are very bothered by this smell. We try to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable and when they book a non smoking room they do not want it to smell like cigarettes.

Again we are sorry for any inconvience
Pismo Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel is low priced compared to many in the area. Only one lamp worked in the room, the ice bucket was missing, food crumbs were still on the carpet from the previous guest and blood was on the bathroom light switch plate. These are things the housekeeping staff missed. If the head housekeeper or manager did spot inspections after the rooms were cleaned I'm sure many of the complaints could be remedied. Until that happens, I'd recommend seeking accommodations elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would personally like to apologize for your room cleanliness. I am going to have a meeting with my executive house keeper and would like to know the room you stayed in. Please call me at 760 323 2775 ext 301 and leave a message if I am not here. My executive housekeeper and myself each inspect 5 rooms a day. We do need to find out who cleaned that room so that we can do more training.

Again thank you for your response

Been to Quality Inn Palm Springs? Share your experiences!