I did not have high expectations for this Quality Inn but I did expect certain things that are common sense in the hotel business like cleanliness, customer service, upkeep and quality of the room. Here is a summarization of pros & cons of my 5 night stay.
- Pool & Jacuzzi was excellent & clean
- Pet friendly & no extra fee
- Rollaway bed was "compt"
- Good location with a nice view of mountains
- Availability of rooms
- Free parking & wifi
- Price was low
- Grassy areas for pets
- Room [& bathroom] was a lot smaller than we thought
- On their website, it states that your room includes a fridge, microwave, coffee maker... bt our room did not have a microwave & they had to bring one in
- Beds do not have a quilted pattern like in their "professional" photos, it's a plain brown fleece blanket and a white sheet
- Beds need to be updated, they were lumpy & 2 out of 5 mornings, my back hurt
- I [highly] suggest bringing your own sheets & pillow cases (we did). They give you 4 half pillows.
- Exercise room was inadequite, there were 3 machines & there aren't any dumbells anymore like in their pictures.
- See in the photos: showerhead (crusty & lime stained), writing desk (chewed up by dogs at corner) , prop for fridge (phone book under fridge???), curtains (stained with food & stuff, gross), corner of the bathroom (broken away from door corner, chewed up maybe???)
... self explanitory
There were quite a few people staying with their pets (dogs). They keep you in the back of the hotel were there is a nice shaded & grassy area. That was convenient.
I recommend this place if you are traveling with pets for a short stay but no longer than 3 nights. The Quality Inn is in badly need of a renovation. New paint job, updated furniture, upholstry... everything. I also feel that they watered the grass too much (like 4xs a day).
A/C & heat, not sure because we stayed during the winter time & never used it. I would hope that the AC is working for the hot summer days. Be cautious in booking your stay. Hope this helped.
P.S. There is a "Carrows" next door & a Coco's near by for breakfast/lunch. Ralphs 1 block away for grocery shopping (that has a coffee bean). 10 mins from Rancho Mirage dining. 10 mins away from down town palm springs dining/shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3/4 Mile from Indian Canyon Golf Course, 1.5 Miles south of downtown, 2.3 Miles from Wet 'N' Wild Water Park and 3.3 Miles from Palm Springs Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Quality Inn