“Escape to the escape! Book now!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Escape

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Escape
You added Escape to your Saves list
641 San Lorenzo Road, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
“Escape to the escape! Book now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

After our stay, the owners wrote to me to ask what could be improved upon, and in truth, I couldn't think of anything. The guys who run this place have got it note perfect. Great clientele, great service with a really friendly chilled vibe. Very very happy memories of our time here, the people we met and the lazy hours whiled away gazing up at the mountains and the stars.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I have been coming to Escape for years and we couldn't recommend it enough!!!! IT IS HEAVEN!!!
Try it once and you will come back! I promise.
Mark and Greg have created the perfect environment to meet new friends and, at the same time, to drop out and have the perfect r&r getaway!
The place is supper clean and peacefully beautiful and the staff is incredibly helpful! Just wait until you interact with Willian and then.... Wait, promise # 2 ... You'll come back. The guy is a sweet heart and a genuine good guy! No need to mentio that he is a cutie
Honestly, If you haven't guess it yet, Escape is our favorite home-away-from-home...

• Stayed November 2014
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We enjoy clothing optional resorts when visiting Palm Springs, but we prefer them to be low key. We stress the term "optional", meaning if and when you want to be nude, it is your choice: no judging. We also don't care for crowded pools or a party-like atmosphere. We would rather go out to party. Escape resort provides just what we like: an Escape from the excitement of an evening on the town. Our room is clean, modern, comfortable, and spacious enough, though the bathroom is s little tight. The grounds, pool and hot tub are well maintained and private. Breakfast is American Continental, which means bagels; assorted prepackaged muffins, cakes and other sweet confections; assorted mini-boxes of sweet cereals and coffee or tea. Fuller breakfast are available at a number of nearby restaurants (see my review of Palm Greens Cafè). Free WiFi is available and each room has a private patio. We walked into town and back and felt quite safe.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Ended a long driving holiday through the US Southwest here in Palm Springs.
Have visited PS twice previously and stayed at different small men's only resorts each time....searching for perfection??
Escape is an evidently "vintage" apartment complex from an earlier life which the current owners are slowly bringing from "mid-to-this-century"!! On a quiet residential street grouped with a couple of other places targeting the same demographic (gay male)
Great, personable welcome and easy check in.
Room was very clean, and remodelled in a sleek IKEA white....perfect for my sensibilities! Bathroom while spotless lacked any WOW factor....except for WOW that is the smallest shower I have ever encountered (and I am NOT large of stature!) Did provide a favourite with Gilchrist & Soames toiletries.
Breakfast was self serve in an also VERY small galley kitchen area. Lots of choice of juices, coffee and the usual....well done!
Pool area was very nice....obviously lots of re-investment $$ went here...newly surfaced pool and decking...beautiful garden area with unique use of bamboo. "Misters" which were pointed out upon check-in didn't seem to be functioning? Could have used them during 90's temperatures. Hot tub also very nice for the evenings!!!
Could have used a break from the constant "background" music which I found was played too loud....sometimes "quiet" is acceptable too!! Too be fair, I didn't mention it...so they probably would have accommodated me....especially as the first night there...I was one of two guests...next night I was the ONLY guest!!! Actually loved that....felt like having my own PS residence!!! By night 3 when others arrived I felt slightly intruded upon! HaHa!
Kudos to the owners and staff....really well run, fun, warm vibe!!

Room Tip: Had the room directly beside the breakfast kitchen which COULD be busy, noisy if the place is full...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

My 6th visit to Escape, and just as fine and pleasant as previous visits.
Clean, comfortable room, Warm sunny pool. Great staff. Nice basic breakfast. Not much else I can add to my previous reviews.
Weekend Social hour poolside with Mark and Greg, the owners. Good way to meet fellow guests and get latest on places to go in Palm Springs. Will be back again, in the spring.

Room Tip: Most rooms are right near the pool, There are a couple more secluded rooms away from the pool, near...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

What a great stay! I'll soon be back for a second visit. The property is super-clean, with very helpful staff, especially Willian. He's efficient, organized, friendly, and made me feel welcome. There was a nice mix of gay male couples and single gay guys. It's evident that there are systems in place throughout the property...everything is take care of. Thanks for a very relaxing getaway!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2014

Everything about this hotel is wonderful!
Staff, cleanliness, location, atmosphere
Plenty of parking right at the front door
Very close to downtown
Will definitely choose Escape again on future Palm Springs trips

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Been to Escape? Share your experiences!