“Home away from Home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Queen of Hearts Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm Springs
Queen of Hearts Resort
You added Queen of Hearts Resort to your Saves list
435 Avenida Olancha, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
San Diego, CA, USA
“Home away from Home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Me and a few friends had been wanting to take a trip together for a while now. The big dog show was scheduled and my one friend was to be showing her dog, so this was the perfect excuse to get away. The only catch was we would be travelling with 6 dogs! After calling around to multiple rental houses, we just weren't having any luck finding anyone who would be willing to take all 6 dogs.

We'd resigned ourselves to staying at the Motel 6 when I found the Queen of Hearts. Decided to give them a call and see what they thought about accomodating the four of us and our pack of canine companions. Michelle was great! No hesitation at all, in fact she was super excited to hear about the variety of breeds we would be bringing. We had a Great Dane, a pitbull, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, a Kerry Blue and 2 smaller terrier mixes in our party. No problem, she said!!

The resort itself is in a great location. Its right off the main road that runs thru town but in a super quiet residential area. Far enough to avoid the noise, but just a 5 minute drive gets you to the heart of downtown Palm Springs.

The rooms themselves were more than spacious. I shared a room with one friend and her pittie, and although the queen bed was a little crowded with her 60 lb pittie sleeping between us...it was more than comfortable. Fortunately, my dog (Great Dane) sleeps on his dog bed on the floor, otherwise we would have been in trouble! :)

The 2nd room we had slept 2 other people and four dogs. All four dogs slept in that bed, so they won out and got the room with the King bed.

Both rooms had full kitchens with pots and pans & a coffee maker.

The courtyard was a tropical getaway, with a heated pool and a bbq for everyone to use. Since it was a quite weekend for the resort and we were the only people there, other than one person who was staying long term, Michelle even let the dogs run free as long as we kept an eye on them and kept them from doing their 'business' within the courtyard. Completely understandable and not a problem!

All in all, it was a super fun trip. We had fresh citrus waiting for us each day, picked by Michelle from the many fruit trees on the property. Can't wait to go back again in the future!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Two years ago I wrote a review in which I said: Ambiance is just about perfect for rest and relaxation. The layout of the rooms/suites with a choice of an inviting central court yard and pool, or, for most rooms, a relatively private patio, the charm, attention to detail and hospitality of the innkeeper, Michelle; surprisingly central location to restaurants and other amenities, all adds up to a wonderful experience. Enter the gate to Queen of Hearts and you are transported to a place of peace and tranquility.

Not only does this still hold true, but the experience is magnified tenfold, especially when one meets repeat and new guests who are now friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

my wife passed away in july this year and needed to get away for Christmas. my best friend and i decided on going back to the Queen after a wonderful call from michelle. i wasn't sure how it would be for me with all the memories of past trips with my wife. i didn't need to worry at all. she's been so supportive and suggested coming out. she told me of the special ladies who celebrate the holiday at the queen and said i'd feel at home. wow, was she ever right. incredible company, now i want to go back for Christmas and new years next year. just put in a reservation.
this trip for me was healing, meeting the christmas 'crew' was the icing on the cake. laughter abounded, conversations great. our dog friends were fun and we all fell in love with zoey and her mom.
i came home feeling relaxed, refreshed and ready to tackle the world again. oh, and a massage christmas present from my friend? priceless, she's totally awesome.
THE QUEEN RULES along with her owner michelle.

Room Tip: all the rooms are very good, all have shade. all are steps from the pool and patio area. very quiet...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

There are 2 women-owned, women-oriented resorts in Palm Springs, and this is not a negative comment on the other one, just to say that the Queen of Hearts is a paradise in and of itself. My partner and I just spent 4 days/3 nights at Q of H and are already planning our next stay there. We like to try different places, but we will always go back to the Q of H whenever we're in Palm Springs.

These are our criteria for a great place, so you know what we are basing our comments on: 1. Clean, 2. Tasteful and inviting furnishings, 3. Customer service that is caring but not intrusive.

The hotel is not brand new, but there's a big difference between not being new and not feeling nice. This place is nice! The room was clean and delighfully vintage; for example, the kitchen sinkboard is metal, just like my grandmother's was, except the one in the room is in mint condition. The cupboards are built-in -- that kind of "vintage". We were in a king suite, which had lots of windows & light, yet was private & cozy -- whatever we were in the mood for.

I read all the reviews before our trip, mostly about Michelle being the "hostess with the mostess," and was a little concerned about being bothered. I was so wrong. Michelle has mastered the art of being engaging without being intrusive. It's really refreshing to find that perfect balance in a property owner, and it's apparent that Michelle cares that your visit is the best ever.

By the way, Michelle arranged an in-room massage for us, with a masseuse she knows (she took care of all the details like scheduling it so it worked with our plans -- or rather lack of plans). Becca was our masseuse, and she is an old soul who will reinvigorate both your body and your spirit. She is so laid back and easy, professional, and just someone that you feel richer for having had the opportunity to meet in your lifetime. Oh yeah, she also gives the best massage I've ever had.

If you want to be on a busy main street, I'd suggest staying at the other woman-owned resort (which is very close to Q of H). If you want to be a block and 1/2 off the main street on a quiet and secluded cul-de-sac, stay at Q of H.

Endpoint: you won't go wrong with Queen of Hearts. It's a good find.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I decided to stay in Palm Springs over the Thanksgiving weekend for a little quiet time and I couldn't have found a more perfect getaway spot. My stay at Queen of Hearts was very pleasant. It offers a friendly environment with a lovely view of the mountains. Thank you Michelle!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Perfect place to unwind and forget all your troubles.
Once you enter the gate of the resort you will be greeted by the always cheerful owner Michelle. The check in process takes all of five minutes, you will then be escorted to your private cottage. The nine spacious rooms surround the pool area, each unit includes a kitchenette, living room/bedroom and bath. All rooms and common areas are clean and well kept. Michelle takes pride in making sure all guests feel welcome. I may have had a little too much fun at Hunters; locked myself out of my room, my cell was dead, luckily my neighbor Barb was still awake, she called Michelle to my rescue! Most mornings and early evenings guests are hanging out by their patio’s or the pool. You will quickly make new friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We have stayed here many times, and it is always wonderful. The pool is the highlight, heated for early morning and late night swims. This is a lovely, relaxing spot that is perfect for us, private,quiet, romantic and friendly.The kitchen was equipped with toaster, full stove, refrigerator, every kitchen utensil we could need , a tea kettle , coffee pot and more. Michelle is attentive and eager for her guests to have a good experience. We asked to change rooms after our first night to be in our favorite suite, and she made it happen. She got reservations with a spectacular table at a restaurant downtown, and suggestions for things to do, although we mostly just wanted to be there. Plan to be back in the spring. Thanks Michelle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Queen of Hearts Resort? Share your experiences!