“Beautiful and Relaxing...The Best Gay Resort in Palm Springs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Mirasol Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
El Mirasol Villas
You added El Mirasol Villas to your Saves list
525 Warm Sands Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Portland, Oregon
“Beautiful and Relaxing...The Best Gay Resort in Palm Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I've stayed at many of the gay resorts in Palm Springs. El Mirasol is the ONLY resort I've returned to many times in the last several years. It has the most beautiful grounds of any of the Gay Resorts in town. The rooms are impeccably clean. The continental breakfast is great. Hosts Paul & Bruce are kind and caring and make you feel welcome. I won't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

I had stayed at this resort several years ago with a partner, but had very little recollection of it so I decided for this trip I would check it out again to refresh my memory.
The room was nice sized with King bed, fridge, good sized TV a few chairs and a small table. A very large closet with ironing gear for those of you that need it. The bathroom was ok. Ample sized, but the shower/tub could have used a make over, but it was doable.
The crowd was small due to off season, but friendly. Summer in Palm Springs can be a bit on the warm side, but the pool makes it all worth while. And speaking of pools.....this place has 2 pools, one at each end of their little compound. Both were very nice and offered plenty of seating. A nice continental breakfast was included which offered, muffins, bagels, coffee, fruits, cold cereals, and hard boiled eggs.
Their Wi-Fi could use some help, or perhaps my room just was out of range. I was never able to connect, but a signal was detected, albeit a weak one.
This resort is in the "Warm Sands" neighborhood, with plenty of "resorts" in the area. I cannot compare this to any of the others only because I have never stayed at any other there, but their reputation is more party oriented. The El Marisol Villas is a very laid back non-pretentious alternative to the party resorts in town.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

This was my partners and i first trip together and his first vacation in years . First off we arrived a few hours early and the hotel was generous enough to let us check in early. Our room was just as it looked in the photos but was actually bigger in person. The room was very clean and especially the bed and linens which is very important to us. The free continental was not only convenient but delicious with a large array of food and juices to choose from. The grounds were very well taken care of and the pool was clean and very refreshing. Not only do i strongly recommend El Mirasol Villas to you all, i am planning another trip there for us before the end of summer. Did i mention the friendly and courteous staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

I received a wonderful massage by Samuel who provides this service at El Mirasol.
I have lower back issues and he was able to provide me with an excellent massage that released the tension and opened it up. If you have the time for a massage, I suggest you take advantage of this service.

A. Waren

Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

My first visit to Palm Springs was accented by my stay at "El Mirasol". Its owners, Paul and Bruce, were the most gracious and welcoming hosts, making you feel right at home at their beautiful resort. The grounds have a tropical feel, with bright, blooming flowers, hummingbirds dancing about, interesting cacti, palm trees, and fantastic views of the mountains all around. Everything from the spacious rooms/bungalows , breakfast provided, pools and excellent staff, made for a most comfortable and relaxing visit.. The location is walkable to downtown and the clubs, a definite plus. I will definitely return and highly recommend El Mirasol, a gem in the desert. See you there. Greg

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

We were welcomed, took care of the paperwork, then got a quick tour ending in our room.
the room was nice. Shower, no tub. Which was fine since there were two pools.

The room had a fridge, and a VCR..... i think i remember something about videos being avail at the front desk, but we didnt need them. The room was comfortable, AC worked well. Mattress was ok. Nothing special.

We loved the two pools and the hot tub. It was a good resort, with a low sexual vibe, which is what we were looking for. You can feel free to be nude, but no pressure to. Also, the weekend we were there, nobody was oogling or being cruisy. Just friendly and social.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

El Mirasol is an absolute gem. Located right at the entrance to the popular Warm Sands area, it typically caters to a clientele looking for a more sophisticated experience than you find in the general run of that area...

I discovered El Mirasol last year when I had booked into another of the gay inns of Palm Springs. When I arrived at this other place, it was a complete pit and not remotely up to any standards of repair or cleanliness. I got on the Internet and stumbled into El Mirasol's listing - and never looked back. Bruce and Paul had a room available and told me to grab a cab and come on over. To my delight, I discovered that it's everything they say it is, and so much more. Bungalow #19 is now my "home away from home".

El Mirasol is a beautiful little property - it's actually the old Howard Hughes compound, and it reeks of classic Hollywood. Imagine charming 1950's era bungalows around a pool - you can almost see Marilyn, Rita and the rest of the gang sunning themselves under large umbrellas wearing swimsuits that weren't designed to ever actually get wet. The bungalows are sunny, nicely decorated without being fussy, and well maintained. Bottom line, it's a comfortable, homey stay in a place that let's you relax and enjoy the wonderful Palm Springs weather.

The thing that I like best about El Mirasol is that it does attract a more sophisticated clientele than is the norm for Warm Sands. Yes, it's clothing optional and yes, guys will be running around naked and the scenery can be quite nice, but it's not the high-pressure, "who's the prettiest" outdoor mess you find at other properties. At El Mirasol, you can relax, naked or not, and not feel like you are "on camera" all the time. Trust me on this - stay at El Mirasol, and if you want to walk on the wild side, get a day pass to one of the other places. That way you can always come "home" to somewhere that's not a meat market.

The guys who own the place are friendly, helpful, and eager to ensure that your vacation is comfortable and enjoyable. They've always been ready with a suggestion or recommendation, and have never steered me wrong. The morning complimentary breakfast is served in a wonderful little lounge and it's a great time to meet the other guests, relax with the morning paper, and laugh at the last one to finally show up.

Walking distance to everything except Cathedral City (I almost never rent a car), great hosts, beautiful comfortable property and all that Palm Springs sun. The perfect package, and my little secret in the desert. If you haven't been to PS and are looking for a great clothing optional place to relax away from the stress, this is the place to go. If you are a little tired of the normal Warm Sands meat market but still love visiting PS, give El Mirasol a try. Bruce and Paul will ensure you have a great stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Been to El Mirasol Villas? Share your experiences!