“The Only place to stay in Palm Springs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Mirasol Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
El Mirasol Villas
525 Warm Sands Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
New York, NY
“The Only place to stay in Palm Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2006

I have been going to Palm Springs for several years now. I look forward to my annual retreat from the noise and chaos of New York. The BEST part of my stay in PS is the El Mirasol Resort.
NEVER have I stayed at an inn/resort where I have felt so welcomed and comfortable. The owners, Bruce and Paul, couldn't be friendlier and more helpful. They welcome all of their patrons with a warm smile, and are very attentive to anyone's needs. They are always more than happy to suggest local restaurants or points of interest.
The grounds are BEAUTIFUL, with lush, well cared for landscaping. They have two great swimming pools with plenty of space to lay out in the sun. They also have a fairly private jacuzzi, which is great at night.
The facility is clothing optional, which makes it comfortable for all guests. You dont have to feel awkward if you choose, or not choose to disrobe. The mix of guests is a good one. The patrons come in all age ranges, but I would say the average age is around 35-45. I must say that the views are usually quite nice.
I love the peace and quiet there, since you dont ever have to be exposed to loud stereos, or party/techno music. This is a place to unwind, relax, and enjoy the sun and the mountain views. The grounds are quite secure, being totally surrounded by a stucco security wall, with beautiful bougainvillea hanging over the tops. A passcode is needed to open the gate, which is locked at all times.
Kudos to Bruce and Paul who have done a fine job in maintaining a resort which is tasteful, high class, and comfortable. It far surpasses most of the less desirable resorts in the Warm Sands area, which are more prone to be cruisy/party resorts. I prefer to stay at a place where I know the rooms are always clean, and if I stay for an extended period, the rooms with kitchenettes are always clean and quite convenient.
All in all, I would rate this place an A++, and I would suggest it to anyone without any hesitation whatsoever!

• Stayed February 2006

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2006

Owners and employees abandoned hotel at night, leaving guests alone with poor security system (a low wall and a combination door buzzer-- that's it). No safe was available, no signs regarding liability or warning of poor security situation. Owner has repeatedly had to kick non-guests out of pool at night. I would not leave things in my car there either. Parking is curbside, and the neighborhood is full of people loitering on street all night. I left early after my locked room was robbed of my laptop, camera and other articles, and they charged me for the second night anyway. Hotel's insurance rep only added insult to injury by suggesting theft was my fault. I would avoid this place for safety reasons above all.

• Stayed December 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2006

We have just returned from an absolutely fabulous week at the El Mirasol Villas Resort in Palm Springs. From the beautiful mountain views to the wonderful hospitality of the owners Paul & Bruce and their staff, it was truely a great experience and a first class resort. The rooms were immaculately clean and very spacious. The grounds are landscaped beautifully, and the pools and jacuzzi are first class. We were totally impressed with El Mirasol from the minute we walked in to the second we left. We are looking forward to staying there on our next trip to Palm Springs and we highly recommend the El Mirasol Villas Resort.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2005

torn cushions on the furniture. the 'full' kithen i paid extra for had a dorm size fridge and a microwave, that was it, what most hotels give you for a regular room. the 'hetaed' pool was too cold to swim in during the day. i will go eslewhere

• Stayed October 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2005

El Mirasol is the perfect place to relax and improves every year I return. I've been vacationing at El Mirasol every year for 12 years and it is truly my home away from home. It is definitely worth the trip plane trip from my home state of Texas. Paul and Bruce are the owners and they definitely make everyone feel at home. They always maintain the resort in top condition from the very comfortable luxurious rooms to the beautifully landscaped winding pathways leading between the rooms, the two spectacular pools, the new large in-ground hot tub, and the steam room. Soft music plays outside during the day that truly allows one to relax. The mountain view is spectacular by day or night under the clear desert sky to star-watch. Various room sizes and more private larger bungalows are available. The much-appreciated daily breakfast is included. On Saturday afternoons, hamburgers are grilled-up by Paul and Bruce pool-side, which is a very nice way to meet the other guests and the owners.

The guests that come to El Mirasol have come to expect and appreciate this is *not* a cruisy bath-house-type resort, but instead a very high-quality resort to make new friends with a wide variety of gay men of all backgrounds and ages. I already have my reservations in for next year and can hardly wait !

• Stayed September 2005
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2005

El Mirasol is wonderful and seems to improve with every visit. Palm Springs offers a wide variety of choices for the gay traveler. Everything from a steamy sexual atmosphere to total tranquility. When planning a stay in Palm Springs it is important to do your homework. El Mirasol offers a realxing, tranquil experience. The rooms are spotlessly clean with good linens and plush towels. The owners, Paul and Bruce, are extremely friendly and accommodating. The grounds are beautifully kept and the two pools are pristine and inviting. This resort is always in tip-top shape. There is a delightful variety of men to be found at El Mirasol. As with any guest house, this can vary from week to week. I have stayed at numerous gay hotels and guest houses around the world. El Mirasol is absolutely one of the best there is. If you're looking for a peaceful, beautiful, and very relaxing place to stay then you can't do any better than El Mirasol. I am already dreaming about my next trip.

• Stayed September 2005
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

The actual property itself was nice. Beautiful landscaping, motel-like furnishings, two pools, a hot tub and outdoor shower. Forget the steam room if there's more than two people as it is quite small. That's about all it has going for it. Also, I would choose the bungalows (the original part of the property built by Howard Hughes) over the suites with the pseudo wet bar.

The employee on duty was way out of line with his sexual advances and comments and out of 13 guests only 4 of us took advantage of the clothing-optional atmosphere. Honestly, I've seen more action in a funeral home! This hotel should consider either becoming an all woman resort or drop their prices in half.

It's nice to sample other resorts but I'm going back to The Mirage for my next visit.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to El Mirasol Villas? Share your experiences!