“First class guesthouse” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hacienda at Warm Sands

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Hacienda at Warm Sands
You added The Hacienda at Warm Sands to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Villa   |   586 Warm Sands Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Columbus, Ohio
“First class guesthouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Our second time at the Hacienda proves the wonderful first experience was no fluke. Rates include continental breakfast and lunch. Rooms are elegant with showers that approach a religious experience. Resort is pristine and service is first class.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I've been going to Palm Springs for many years, and decided to splurge with a visit to the Hacienda. I had toured the property years ago, and am happy to say it looked just as immaculate today as it did when I first saw it. Yes, it is more pricey than other resorts in the Warm Sands area, but that is because it is worlds above the others in comfort, service and luxury.

We arrived very late, and the owners had left our keys in a lock box out front. We were happy to discover that we were upgraded to a Grand Deluxe Suite for our four-night stay. Upon entering our suite, we found a lovely personal note welcoming us to the resort, along with a small basket of snacks, which was an unexpectedly nice touch. The suite was like a luxury apartment, with a living room, dining room (and a fireplace!), kitchen and separate bedroom and bath. There was also a private patio out back, which we never used because the pool outside our room was more inviting.

I could talk about the two beautiful pools, the quiet music that soothed my senses, the wonderful daily breakfast or the catered lunch, but what impressed me the most was the little things. When I mentioned to a staff member that I was planning a hike in Palm Canyon, he offered to put extra bottled water in my fridge to take with me on the hike. Because I was away when lunch was ready that afternoon, I found it waiting for me in my refrigerator when I returned. The cleaning staff, noticing that I was sunbathing in front of my door, asked me if I would like my room left unlocked after the room was refreshed. He had noticed that I had left my key in the room, so I would have been locked out had he not asked me! Jim, the owner, came by to introduce himself and to make sure that I was enjoying my stay. This extra effort in customer service doesn't cost much money (if any), but it makes a huge difference in the experience, particularly compared to other hotels in the area.

My only negative comment is that the Hacienda has spoiled me, and no other Palm Springs property will feel as luxurious and welcoming.

Room Tip: There are only 10 rooms, and I noticed that room #5 (a junior site) is the only room that doesn'...
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We've been coming here almost 10 years and every visit proves better than the one before - no change this trip! We've stayed in every unit over the years and they are all meticulously clean, fresh, shiny... beautifully appointed. The two person shower is amazing and 9 of 10 rooms have a private patio. Two pools and a fantastic hot tub.. lush grounds and attendance to your every need by the staff. Jim and Maurice treat us like old friends and The Hacienda remains our favorite escape!

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We just returned from a five night stay at the Hacienda (after too long of a break - 2.5 years!) and it was so nice to return to a place pretty much exactly as you left it...and most importantly, as you want it. Jim and Maurice run a top notch getaway...and obviously treat their staff with respect and trust, as many have been there since I started going 7 years ago. If Steve ever leaves...I don't want to think about that. It's the staff and atmosphere that make this one of the most pleasing places to relax, meet new friends and just sit and stare at the beauty of the mountains against the blue sky backdrop.

Go. You owe it to yourself.

Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was our second time and we enjoyed our stay so much we extended our vacation a couple more days. Beautiful, relaxing, intimate surroundings. Great, attentive, helpful staff. Immaculate rooms and comfortable. No detail overlooked.

Can't wait for our next time!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was our first stay at The Hacienda at Warm Sands and we were extremely impressed with our entire stay. From check-in to check-out, we received the most impeccable service from Jim, Maurice and their staff. We originally booked a Junior Suite for three nights and a Deluxe Suite for the last night of our stay and , at check-in, we found out that Jim and Maurice had upgraded us to a Deluxe Suite for all four nights at no extra charge. They wanted us to be in the same room all four nights during our stay and not have to change rooms at all. What a wonderful surprise this was to us and we can't thank them enough!!! That definitely goes to show you that they care about their guests and want them to have an incredible experience at their resort. The suite was large and immaculate and the grounds were very beautiful. Every day we were provided with a wonderful breakfast and an incredible lunch. The Greek Salad and Rueben sandwich were two selections from the lunch menu that were to die for...There wasn't anything at The Hacienda at Warm Sands that wasn't five star quality. I can't thank Jim, Maurice and their staff enough for the most wonderful vacation we had in Palm Springs. By all means, we will return next year for another incredible experience at their resort!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Love this place to bits quality quality quality.. Style comfort and wonderful hosts. I was torn this year about a visit here or Cancun my husband won out and we are off to Cancun but we will be back next year that you can bet on.

Room Tip: All the suites are just delightful you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hacienda at Warm Sands? Share your experiences!