“A Secluded Part of Heaven” 4 of 5 stars

You added La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa
2.5 of 5 Villa   |   1491 South Via Soledad, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
New York City
“A Secluded Part of Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

For my first trip to Palm Springs I chose La Dolce Vita based on their website and reviews. My choice was perfect. The staff went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. Each staff member knows you by name and takes the time to introduce you to the other guests. The facility is like a small tropical garden, well maintained and very clean. My room was right off the main pool with a private patio in the back. The resort is quiet, relaxed and a perfect place to get away and refresh. I plan to visit at least every year.

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2008

Stayed at LDV for a couple of nights in early April. Chose this property because of its superior location in PS and excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed.

From check-in to departure, the resort met my expectations. As an innkeeper myself, I have fairly high standards when it comes to service and cleanliness. In both categories, La Dolce Vita ranks quite highly. In fact, one of our friends is a Palm Springs hotelier and commented that it was among the cleanest men's resorts he's seen in PS.

Free parking and good strong free WiFi are also pluses.

The daily happy hour is a great time to meet fellow guests, too. Be sure to take advantage of it. I just wish it was a bit longer than 60 minutes.

Next time I'm in Palm Springs, I know where I will be staying! I'll be enjoing "the sweet life" at La Dolce Vita.

• Liked — Friendly guests, friendly staff, no attitude
  • Disliked — Amazing number of early-risers!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2008

For me, it's all about the patio furniture by the pool. The resort recently replaced its loungers which were OK with these really comfy chairs that make it impossible not to relax. I promised a friend I'd finish his novel during my four-day stay in Palm Springs and kept falling asleep because I was in such a state of bliss.

This resort seems to get better all the time with new touches like the chairs but also a staff that has been there for years so they know their stuff and everything stays pretty ship-shape. Owners Ken and Tim set a nice tone and are both very smart and cool.

The breakfast room has really become this nice space with a flat screen TV on the wall, a comfy sofa and chairs and a set-up that makes it nice to meet some of the other guests in the morning over coffee and bagels or a waffle. The local newspapers are also there so it's pretty much the perfect set-up for me.

And a word about happy hour. During my last stay, the drink of choice was greyhounds made with grapefruits grown on the property. It was a nice touch and it was fun to sip those down and gab with the guys and make dinner plans.

Basically, I felt pretty [----] happy the entire stay and have no complaints. There were plenty of guests there mid-week so I made some new friends and look forward to my next stay.

• Liked — my room, the pool scene, the patio loungers
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
dougster2810
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

The owners Ken and Tim were BEYOND gracious, friendly, and so helpful every step of the way to make sure our stay was enjoyable and went above and beyond always.
If you DON'T stay here, you're missing out on THE best place in PS!

Stayed March 2008
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

We went to Palm Springs to stay with a friend for four days then decided to extend our visit. Rather than impose on our friend we decided to try a "clothing optional" resort as my partner had never had the experience. Even though we are both "Senior Gentlemen" he took to it like a duck to water. And the staff and amenities at La Dolce Vita made the experience all the more enjoyable. We had a large clean and comfortable room right by the pool with lots of storage space for our clothes. We appreciated the nice little touches like the bathrobes and toiletries in the bathroom. A great breakfast selection every morning when we were really only expecting coffee and a muffin. The resort is very central so an easy drive to any of the bars, restaurants or theatres. And the free Happy Hour every evening was a good time to let go the stress of having so much fun and socialize with our fellow guests. We met and chatted with many interesting and friendly guys from all over the US and Canada. It was a most enjoyable stay and we would certainly consider going there again.

• Liked — The privacy.
  • Disliked — The leafblower!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Santa Monica CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2008

On a whim, my partner and I decided to go to Palm Springs for one night. We'd never stayed at a gay resort, but decided to give it a try. I found La Dolce Vita by doing an internet search. We had a great time and when the next 3-day holiday weekend came around, we decided to go back. La Dolce Vita was our first choice. The staff are awesome and the owners are friendly and very helpful. These are people that work hard to make your stay pleasant. The breakfast and evening social hour are great opportunities to meet new friends. The social hour is especially nice becaue they don't just serve beer and wine...they have a variety of spirits. They have grapefruit trees on the property and will make you the freshest greyhound around. When we checked out, they provided us with a bag of grapefruit to take home. Needless to say, we have another 3-day weekend booked already. The front office has a nice video selection and every imaginable free publication covering activities in the local area, etc. Nice to stay at a place where you feel like you you're
at home. Keep up the good work, guys!

Stayed February 2008
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed there for one week and we had an incredible experience. There are not enough good things I can say about the incredibly friendly staff and owners. They were always willing to go beyond their duties to keep us happy and comfortable. The facility is beautiful and clean. This was my first time there and I will definetly be back. Thank you Dolce Vita!

• Liked — Beautiful facility with friendly staff
  • Disliked — small bathroom
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!