“Our Other Home” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Our Other Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

It was November 1998 when we booked into a 'chain' hotel and were so disappointed with the service, surroundings and $. My husband went searching and returned to tell me he found this little place called 'Alpine Gardens Hotel' and thought I would like it. Like it! I loved it! So much so, that twice a year for 13 years Alpine Gardens became our 'Home away from Home." From our very first visit, the owners Tom and Bill treated us like guests should be treated. I have never seen 2 people work so hard to satisfy their guests and keep the gardens and pool area so clean and beautiful. Whether you are a guest for 2 days or 2 months, you are treated like family. So much so that every year guests are invited to a Thanksgiving dinner. Tom and Bill always make them selves available to pick you up or drop you off at the airport if you are without transportation. I don't know of many hotels where you receive that kind of service. Over the years we had the opportunity to meet with guests from all over the world. Some, who like us, travel a long distance just to come back to the best little hotel in Palm springs. However, It is with a heavy heart that I must say this may be my final Review because my husband and I have made the leap to purchase a home of our own now in Palm Springs. Because Alpine Gardens is situated in such a safe, convenient and beautiful area of Palm Springs we didn't want to go far so we purchased a place directly across the street from Alpine Gardens. It is very comforting to know we are only a short walk away and we visit the Hotel often. During my last visit, I wandered about the property to see guests smiling, reading and lounging by the pool as my husband and I use to do. I am amazed to see how everything looks just as beautiful as it did in 1998 and so proud to see how special Tom and Bill still make their guests feel from the time they check in to the day they check out. We have so many good memories from our visits to this Hotel and feel honoured to share the Hotel with others. 13 years ago, Alpine Gardens and its owners Tom and Bill was a hotel by chance but immediately became our home and our friends by choice! Colleen and John.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I loved staying at Alpine Gardens. It was unique and charming, and Bill and Tom were friendly, low-key, welcoming hosts. But let me tell you that I don't think it would be right for everybody. Some folks need the anonymity and ... homogeneity, I guess, of large/chain hotels. Alpine Gardens is not the generic, corporate version of a 3- or 4-star hotel. You won't find traditional room-service, electronic keycards, or hotel-brand products. What you will find is an inn that has style and personality galore. It's a small, older, one-story motel that reminds me of the places I stayed with my parents when I was a kid, except that it's been stylishly updated with modest-sized, delightful, individually decorated rooms and such a pleasant courtyard/pool area, with comfy chairs and nice landscaping. And, of course, Kitty, who lends her feline grace and makes the place feel even more relaxing and homey. They have a stash of free paperbacks, free WiFi, and there was a cool bottle of white wine waiting in my room when I checked in. Tom and Bill were helpful and amiable hosts who struck the perfect balance of attentiveness. I had a delightful stay and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Since 1998 my husband and I have been staying at this 'Gem' of a hotel in Palm springs called Alpine Gardens Hotel. The rooms, garden area and owners Tom and Bill always exceed our expectations. No other hotel in Palm Springs offers such a warm, safe and comforting environment. Last month was the first time I came to Palm springs on my own. I was astounded to see how beautiful the lawn and gardens remained despite the hot heat. Tom and Bill went out of their way to ensure my room's air conditioner was keeping me cool and the Breakfast Cart coffee and goodies were out for my early morning rises. We have met new friends from all over the world during our visits over the past 13 years. I will always concider Alpine Gardens as my home away from home!.... Colleen Kerr

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We have being staying with Bill and Tom at the Alpine Gardens Hotel since 2007 usually twice a year. The hotel is like an oasis with its wonderful gardens and well kept surroundings, you are looked after from the moment you set foot on the property. Bill and Tom are both great hosts ,they are very thoughtful , welcoming and friendly. This visit we were a little jetlagged and they made coffee available for us from midnight onwards as we were awake at all hours.
You will also be offered icecream on a hot afternoon whilst relaxing around the pool.
We have recently returned from a nine day visit and we highly recommend the Hotel, the Hosts and all the nearby amenities and cannot wait to return again next Spring.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
DK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at Alpine Gardens and had a really relaxing and nice stay. The owners Tom and Bill were fantastic - friendly and helpful. The rooms are charming and beautiful decorated - comfy beds, 4 fine pillows and there was a little fridge wich was nice. The pool is clean, good size and just outside your room. There is a Ralphs store nearby and you will have "member-card" from Tom and Bill so you can be shopping cheap. If you are looking for a place to stay in Palm Springs - choose Alpine Garden - this is Heaven!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Timaru, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

My wife and I arrived exhausted after a very long drive. Tom and Bill helped us with our luggage and even took us in to town to a restaurant they had recommended.A taxi back was $10. This kindness continued during our stay. It's a pity New Zealand is such a long way away or we would certainly come here more often. A lovely spot.

Peter and Janet ( Russell )

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Sequim, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We feel so at home at Alpine Gardens with Bill and Tom the owners and with friends we have made at the hotel from inside and outside of the U.S. We've stayed up to a month here every spring since 2000 and looking forward to a fall visit this year. Quaint, artsy, comfortable, pristine/clean, lush landscape, royal treatment. Alpine Gardens Hotel has our highest recommendation. Linda and Fred Harrison, Sequim, WA

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Alpine Gardens Hotel? Share your experiences!