“Super Weekend Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Summer Splash Package!
Ranked #39 of 69 Hotels in Palm Springs
“Super Weekend Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Initially we were planning to drive all the way to Las Vegas, but neither one of us wanted to drive so far. Instead we drove less than two hours to Palm Springs. What can I say we had an amazing amount of fun. The DJ and bar at the pool were excellent, the Tequila bar was both tasty and refreshing, but the biggest kudos go to the amazing couples massage we had at the spa. Overall we had a great time. We didn't miss the drive all the way to Vegas.

Room Tip: If you want to have the most fun, be sure to get a room with a pool view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SaguaroPalmSprings, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Troy M;

Awesome! thank you so much for sharing your experience. We will be sure to share your Kudos with the team! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Saguaro, Palm Springs.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
Sevres. France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Booked a room at this hotel because the price was right, but more than the price was right.
The reception staff was super friendly and helpful about the sights to see in the area and to let us know bikes were available to explore the area. The room was fun and colorfully decorated in a retro 60's style.
Had a dip in their nice-sized pool which was refreshing after a day in the desert heat!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SaguaroPalmSprings, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Tessa k;

We are so happy to hear that you found the Saguaro Palm Springs to be a great value and that you enjoyed our bikes and colorful pool. We are very proud of our friendly staff. Thank you so much for recognizing their hospitality.

Fullerton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

So before booking, I read tons of the bad reviews and was a little nervous. But, we booked it anyways and loved it! We went off season, there were only about 10 people max at the pool at anytime, we were upgraded for free to 2 queens by Mario who was super nice at the front desk. Anytime I called the front desk to help with figuring out the ac or finding the right AV channel on the TV, they came right over. Towels at the pool, lots of seating, colorful, fun, quiet (again, off season). I didn't have to worry about it being crowded by little hipster Coachella kids. Loved the decorations and got a great price on the mobile site for $70/night. Water near the front desk, 2 restaurants, restrooms close to pool. We were given a great room in the center of it all overlooking the pool on the 3rd floor. Easy, free, open, parking. Will come again! Didn't have any of the bad experiences anyone else had, so I recommend it. I saw some scuffs on the wall but could care less. That was the only thing I noticed and I am a critical reviewer! There were also lots of families, so it seemed family friendly.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view from the 3rd floor, overlooking everything. With the door shut, you can't he...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
SaguaroPalmSprings, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Lauren R;

So glad to hear you had a great experience at The Saguaro Palm Springs and so happy to hear the team took good care of you while you were our guest. Thank you so much for sharing you terrific feedback. We really appreciate it!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

What can I say, the Saguaro is a really unique place. I've been wanting to stay at this hotel for years now and I got to spend a night there while being on a road trip to L.A.

Staff at ckeck in was very professionnal, I got upgraded to a pool view without even asking, the room took me back time as it this was the 70's, the hotel is extremely clean and the pool area is really nice. Pool is open until midnight and even though I stayed on a Friday night, the hotel was extremely quiet. I think July is low season.

Hotel fees give you access to room wi-fi and a many other things (they give you a list).

I only spent one night there, but I would go back in a heartbeat, hopefully next time I can spend a couple days at the Saguaro!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are the best.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SaguaroPalmSprings, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear balloune;

Thank you for providing tripadvisor readers with your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience and that you appreciated the upgrade to a room facing our fun and vibrant pool, and garden, courtyard.
Hopefully next time you can stay with us for the entire weekend!

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Thank You, Seguaro, for a lovely visit and three good nights of sleep. Palm Springs is a spectacular place and the mountains and the past dominate all things Palm Springs. With names like Gene Autry and Bob Hope and Frank Sinatra and Sonny Bono always in your vision, you start to expect a four star show all day everyday. In a town laden with this much past, it is hard to stand out ! Saguaro manages to lead the landscape with pure enthusiasm. I just spent three nites there and would go back tomorrow.
In its price range, this hotel stands up to the test. Everything I wanted was there, including a King size bed, a fridge, a safe, Mountain View with balcony, books on local architecture, a good desk chair, adequate lighting, a handicapped shower. The room was spacious, and all requests for help were met. The staff were above helpful and always calm under pressure. I found the service to be excellent .The bedding was very nice, simple white cotton duvet, mattress firm. No full closet space, but hooks on the wall for your garment bag or dry cleaning. I declined linen service for the three nites, as per their Green Option, and there was a recycling bucket in the room, which I appreciated. I visited the gym and it was good. The lobby has nice places to wait or people watch.

The guests were a really mixed bag, international, inter-generational. The lobby is kid-friendly, with Barbie corner and ping pong table. There were lots of attractive people with beautiful cars and clothing. The arriving guests looked very Los Angeles. Imagine that: some of us escape TO the desert, even when it's 120 degrees...I live in Phoenix, so I know what this weather is like. Still nice to have a change of scenery and to stay in a friendly, upbeat hotel. I was visiting old friends who live in Desert Hot Springs, the outer banks of Palm Springs.

I stayed from Wed thru Saturday. The hotel was quiet on the weekdays. On Sat am, when I was checking out, the lobby was crazy packed and a gift shop appeared from behind a hip partition.decor. The architecture is modern, inspired by mid-century minimalism. I like the use of industrial materials and the offbeat art work. The shocking color palatte kept me amused throughout the hotel and outside. Purple carpets with lime green, shocking pink, Cadmium yellow, bright orange accents. There is a bar and restaurant, El Jefe, but Tinto, their premier restaurant, is unfortunately closed for renovations this summer. Try the mole tamales from the take - out menu. There is an excellent market, Randy's across the street. I made it to Sherman's on El Segundo for breakfast, not to be missed. Plan to visit Palm Springs Art Museum, which is open free from 4-8 PM on Thursday (see website for hours and seasonal closings) . Plenty to do in Palm Springs. Great antique shops and museums and restaurants. Try the local Mexican places. Ride the tram. Go to the Air Museum near the airport Check out the hotel bikes for a leisurely pace.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask to be facing the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
SaguaroPalmSprings, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Sawygal;

Thank you for the thorough review of the Saguaro-Palm Springs. We are so happy you enjoyed your experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to our vibrant and colorful desert oasis.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We just finished a three-night stay and it was better than we expected. Like many visitors, we were picking between the Ace and a few others. We wanted something fun, but not such a strong party vibe as the Ace…space to enjoy the pool without getting a bikini top thrown in our drinks. Yes, there is a resort fee, but ours was waved, perhaps an off-season perk? Free wifi, ping pong in the lobby, taco bar with tequila tasting on the menu. The pool was large, and with the exception of the weekend, it was spacious and mostly empty. Friday we checked out, a DJ was setting up and the place was packed. I have to say, the music was actually pretty good and it could have been a good time. Poolside bar, cocktails run from $10 and up. The staff were absolutely lovely, from the moment we checked in, each morning and throughout. We even got a bottle of wine from the hotel as an anniversary gift! The room was big, I love the bold colors, and the mini fridge made the weekend more of a bargain as well. We had breakfast in our room each morning and kept snacks for the evening. The shuttle goes every hour to the main street of Palm Springs, although we used Uber. I really can't say enough. Stay on the bottom floor to have more privacy and enjoy a short walk for ice and to the pool. I would really recommend this place and we will be back!

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor, next to an entrance to the pool. Privacy from the bushes, a little patio a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SaguaroPalmSprings, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear cristinesusanna;

I think we are going to have to steal your tag line-"100% Fabulous"; love it! Thank you so much for the kind and thoughtful review. We are so happy to hear that you had such a fantastic three day get-away at the Saguaro Palm Springs. Our pool is the largest pool in Palm Springs, allowing lots of room to relax and swim mid-week.

Glad to hear our team took care good care of you. We are very proud of them and the warm service they provide for our guest. Thank you for mentioning them!

Happy Anniversary!

Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Rooms: The rooms are very spacious. Our room came with a balcony (I’m pretty sure all do) with a view facing both the pool and the mountains clearly in the background. We had a mini fridge as well. If you forget anything at home or you want to purchase beverages to keep stocked in your mini fridge, there’s a Ralph’s across the street that we utilized to get things for the weekend. The shower gels and soaps smelled amazing and the bathroom looks very modern. My only complaint would be the TV’s connection, which wasn't clear all the time.

Pool: Honestly, the pool was too deep for the audience the resort was catering too. When we went to the pool, everyone had a drink they were trying to enjoy while cooling off in the pool. But the center of the pool is 9 ft deep, therefore 99% of the people in the pool, myself included, were trying to squeeze into any space they could on the edges so they can enjoy their drinks.
There was a DJ playing music in the afternoon and the bar had great drinks!

There were not enough lounge seats for us in the afternoon so we laid our blankets on the small “grassy” area. The “grass” was plastic and when we tried to walk on the “grass” barefoot to get to the pool, the plastic fake “grass” burned the bottom on my feet and I had to run and grab my flip flops. Just the 5-10 secs my feet was on the “grass” left blisters.

The pool in the evening however is much better, there’s chairs available and you can watch the sunset. The bar’s closed but you bring your own drinks and enjoy just the same.

The hotel also has a boche ball area for those inclined to play.

Restaurants: The hotel has two great restaurants, El Jefe and Tinto. Tinto has a better ambiance and class while El Jefe is more exciting and fun. I liked that they had two restaurants with completely different feels.

Shuttle: The resort provides a free shuttle service hourly to Downtown Palm Springs. I really enjoyed the convenience of not having to worry so much about transportation BUT, in 110 degree weather, the driver doesn't turn the car on until you board. When you get in, it’s HOT and there's no air ventilation. The driver puts on the AC but you can’t feel it where you are sitting and the windows don’t open, so both the drive there and back was difficult to breathe. I suggest just paying for an Uber car.

All in all, I really had a great time. I know it sounds like I had “a lot” to complain about but the resort was just what I was looking for. Time away from the big city, great food, amazing views of the mountains and stars, and quiet time to do not much of anything.

Dear Lolaisabruin;

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We really appreciate it! We are so thrilled you enjoyed your time away from the "big city". Next time you stay with us I will have to challenge you to a game of Bocce Ball! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Saguaro Palm Springs, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!