“The nicest people” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
United States
“The nicest people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The couple that runs this place are so unbelievably wonderful. I live in Los Angeles and have never seen this type of friendliness at a restaurant here. The greek salad and gyro were excellent, but I just couldn't believe how nice this couple was. If you're in Palm Springs, you should give this place a shot. The calzone also looked great.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Coachella Valley California
“I'm Addicted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

If you enjoy Greek food, Nina's is the place to go in the Palm Springs area! I've tried the Pastitsio,the Gyros plate(many times),the Greek salad and the Moussaka,the stuffed peppers and the cheese and pepperoni Calzone (with a little Ricotta cheese- nice touch!) All were absolutely wonderful! The Tzatziki is a taste explosion: probably the best I've ever had! Top my meal off with a glass of Restina or a Greek red and I'm a contented girl!

Nina is a gracious host and is always so welcoming. I am happy to count myself a very lucky
regular customer at Nina's!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oceanside, California
“Overpriced and underwhelming”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Just moved to PS and was excited to find a Greek restaurant near my house. Sadly, this place just doesn't make the grade. The place is small and more attuned to take out than a sit down meal. I had the gyro plate which at almost $10 consisted of an really, really incredibly small portion of gyro meat, 4 triangles of pita bread and more damned "filler" raw onions than I could believe. My guest had the spanokopita which consisted of 4 exceptionally small triangles for $6.50. They were literally dwarfed on the serving plate. Having been around Greek restaurants, (Chicago, LA, San Diego, New Orleans, Miami, Houston, NY) all my life; I am used to bigger portions and more quality ingredients that what was served on 1/5/12.

Even the Greek chain Daphne's gives much more value for the same prices. The one high point was the home made tsatsiki sauce. Very good. I would also add that while other reviews touted the friendliness of the owners, the night I was there the owner seemed brusque, bordering on almost rude, and very inattentive. Maybe I was just there on a bad night on 1/5/12, but i cannot say that I will be back, because I was very disappointed with the quality and quantity of the food. Maybe they do a better job on the calzones and pizzas, but the Greek food was a sad facsimile. Bottom line: overpriced and underwhelming.

Visited January 2012
Kelowna, Canada
“Good Greek at a modest priceWe were in Palm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We were in Palm Springs for a holiday. It was our anniversary and my wife was craving Greek food. A friend and fulltime Palmite, recommended Nina's. He said close your eyes and let your taste buds take over. Nina's is a hole in the wall restaurant that might seat 20 with its outdoor seating. You order at the counter. Beer and wine is available. There is a neat wall mural to the side of the drink cooler.
We had pita and humous, moussaka, pastitsio, saganaki, creme brule, and baklava. Everything was fresh, tasty, piping hot, and served with a smile. Take home boxes were offered, and the left overs were the next day's dinner. All this for a very modest price and served with a smile.
My wife left the restaurant with a big smile, her craving satisfied, and she wore her new dress and jewellery, even though this is definitely not a dress-up place. This was perhaps the cheapest anniversary dinner ever! While not your regular "special dinner place," I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Go for the greek food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Looks like a pizza joint (and it is) but the really great food is the greek. The appetizer plate is especially good.

Visited January 2012