“Renovation” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
Sacramento
“Renovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

The entire property in under renovation, the pool is a big hole in the ground. Great location, walking distance to Starbucks and CPK.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 7, 2009
Thank you for your comments on our renovation progress. Our pool is scheduled to reopen at the end of November. Work continues and we are scheduled to be complete in early December. We invite all travellers to see the new Hyatt Regency Suites once our work is completed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Korean first
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

I've stayed here before and it's a great hotel, being in the heart of Palm Springs. Currently I'm sitting in my room, and unfortunately this is my worst visit here. I was vaguely aware that the hotel was under going a renovation, which will be great for my next stay. As for right now, they should have just closed the hotel for 4 months. I had no idea the pool was closed. (the pool has always been a huge draw to this great hotel) I just looked on their web site, and if you click around enough, it does say the pool is closed, but I wouldn't say they're heavily promoting this fact.

The rooms have been updated and look nice, but again they shouldn't be booking rooms yet as it feels like they're throwing stuff together at the last minute. Both of the TVs in my room aren't even connected so I can't even watch TV. (ironically, I'm sure all the TVs work at the Motel 6) I overlook a lobby and pool that have been completely torn up. All afternoon I could hear construction work. I appreciate what they're trying to do, but based on what I've seen, I'd wait to visit here until the work is done.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, October 19, 2009
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. As a repeat guest, we are particularly interested in your impressions. We have publicized this information extensively on this site, our web site and have communicated this to every guest both at booking and when they check in. The hotel is continuing to offer value rates and additional special offers choice of Continental Breakfast, complimentary Internet or Hyatt points during this period. We are doing everything possible to minimize impact to our guests during this period and keeping all guests updated.
We look forward to our completion in December 2009.
Derby, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting Palm Springs. When arriving at the hotel we found that the hotel was under major renovation. We told when checking in that the pool was closed but we could use a pool at the hotel on the next block. Really the hotel should have been closed during this week as it was like a building site!!! The suite was a good size but very dated but I am sure when it has been refurbished it will be lovely. The hotel was in an excellent location, close to bars and restaurants. As the hotel is on Palm Canyon Drive it is quite noisy and earplugs are provided for this purpose. There was parking at the hotel but there was a charge of $14 a day for this. There was free internet access for 15 minutes in the hotel lobby but again this was not working due to the refurbishment. I think if we were to return to Palm Springs again we would give this hotel a go once the refurb has been complete.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, September 29, 2009
Thank you for your comments. As all are aware, the hotel is undergoing a long needed renovation. We are endeavoring to minimize the impact to our guests by acknowledging the renovation with our renovation value pricing and additional special offers of complimentary continental breakfast, complimentary Internet or additional Hyatt points was was offered to these guests as well. We are delighted they found so many aspects to their liking and see the future potential as well.
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Before staying at the Hyatt Regency Suites in Palm Springs I was a little worried because of the reviews. I am a very picky hotel-stayer and I must say upon arrival we were all very impressed.

My husband and I went with another couple to Palm Springs and had a great time! We received a great deal on the Hyatt through AAA and loved the fact we had adjoining rooms, which were requested at the time we booked. Our rooms overlooked Palm Canyon Dr. - the main street - which we all loved due to the balcony. It was not noisy at night (and there were a lot of foot traffic in front of the hotel due to the location) and the rooms were very spacious and clean - large living room and kitchen area which leads to the bedroom.

The only complaint I have is that there were renovations occuring on the hotel which we were not informed of at the time we booked (contratry to what the lady said at the front desk...), but the construction did not bother us one bit. The work was done during the day while we were gone sight seeing and shopping. The pool wasn't open, but the hotel did offer free shuttle service and use of the Hilton pool right down the street.

Overall, the Hyatt suites were a great place to stay and I would definitly recommend this hotel if you want to be in the middle of it all!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, September 11, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. We are delighted that our location and staff pleased you and helped you overlook our old facility. We look forward to welcoming you back after our renovation is complete in December 2009.
Glendale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

I've stayed at this place well over 10 times and I gotta say its one of those love hate relationships...I don't like it but I kept going back for some reason... I haven't been at this hotel in over a year and not planning to go back here anytime soon. I think I just got tired of staying at this resort over the years... the good thing about this place is its location - right in the hearth of Palm Springs and the the overall lobby, bar and food is great... the rooms are a bit bigger than most hotels in the area and the valet service comes in really handy (there is a charge) I would recommend it to my friends although I would not stay here again. Sometimes you get all kinds of people here so if you like quiet classy places this wont be an ideal place... the pool is always packed so that's a negative for us - The service and staff are pretty friendly but sometimes boneheads are everywhere so you will definitely see a bonehead or two in this resort...and that's a guarantee.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and visiting our hotel. As you noted, we have the best location in all of Palm Springs and when our $15 million renovation is complete in December , we will have the beautiful surroundings and dedicated staff looking forward to welcoming you back.
Vancouver BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

We used priceline to get a room in PS for 2 nights. I was weary after reading the reviews about the 'deal' we got from Priceline to stay at the Hyatt downtown. It is a bit tired and dated but it's really not as bad as some of the reviews suggest. The good is this: The rooms are spacious and clean. The location is perfect for strolling the streets of downtown. The pool/hot tub are clean and sunny. Cons: Try not to get a city view as it gets quite noisy at night. The hotel even provides complimentary earplugs because of the noise. The beds are rock hard. Parking and internet are available at a steep charge. It wasn't my dream hotel but it really wasn't that bad...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, August 8, 2009
Thankyou for staying with us. Our $14 million dollar renovation began on June 1st and will be complete December 2009. We will share details in future.

Been to Hyatt Palm Springs? Share your experiences!