“Great Location, Staff, and Rooms; Needs A Couple Upgrades” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #33 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
“Great Location, Staff, and Rooms; Needs A Couple Upgrades”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I've stayed in a lot of the hotels in PS as I have been coming out here regularly for work since 2006. I'm usually here about 1 week/month. The location is pretty much in the center of downtown and all of the restaurants, bars, retail, and recreation are easily walkable. Between the big hotels that award points, Hyatt, Hilton, and Marriot Renaissance, it is the best deal and location of the three. Safe offsite overnight parking (free) is easily accessible, whereas at the Hilton and Renaissance it is not. The rooms are spacious suites, very nice and every room that I've stayed in from the second floor up has a balcony and great view of the mountains, pool and mountains, or the downtown area. The staff has been great and friendly and Brianne in the bar/restaurant makes a great drink and is a total sweetheart.

If you're coming in for the weekend and your plans include a fun pool (party), I would consider going elsewhere - the Riviera, the Saguaro, or the Hard Rock are definitely better options for this. The pool at the Hyatt needs an update - it feels small, is all concrete and seems cold and bare.

They also need to upgrade to HD TV service already. I have purchased a couple movies in the room, but sometimes they don't load, sometimes you can't hear them, and the picture is really dark that it's hard to make out scenes at times.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
David Y, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Ryan J,
Thank you for the excellent review. You said it perfectly; our hotel is "in the center of downtown and all of the restaurants, bars, retail, and recreation are easily walkable." I would like to let you know that we are in the process of updating our television service. Soon we will have all HD content. So you will be able to watch as many movies, in HD, as you would like!

-David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Korean first
Oceanside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Went to get some R&R and what we got was the most awful stay in 31 years of travels all over the world.
Desk on check was VERY rude and asking for a room that would be quiet the rude desk clerk gave us the worst room two feet from a peeping elevator next to fire pit veranda with drunks screaming all night blowing cigar smoke into our room so we had to keep window closed but still heard the screams all night!
I just was released from the hospital the the day before and can't believe the way we were treated.
I have tried to discuss the issue with the General Manager and Front Desk manager and neither one would have the common courtesy to even return my phone calls.
Wow horrible !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
387Daviding,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations for all of our guests. Unfortunately we did not live up to this standard for you during your stay with us. We will use your feedback to further train and coach our staff to ensure situations like yours do not happen in the future. We will improve!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Spent the weekend in Palm Springs for a wedding and chose to stay at the Hyatt like the rest of the guests. It is a lovely hotel that looks like it just got an update. I particularly liked the suite- very spacious and it helped that we were able to spread out and cool off after a long morning at the pool! Breakfast buffet is pricey ($21) but delicious. The only thing that would have made it better was a mimosa included in that price (hint hint)! I would stay there again if I were in town, though if I were traveling with the kids again, I might pick a place with a more kid-friendly pool. This one is 3 feet at the shallowest points, and is best of standing around waist-deep with a drink in your hand. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I would choose to do it while not keeping my kids who can't touch the bottom afloat in the pool.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 6th floor are a little toasty, as the top of the atrium is maybe 15 degrees warmer than...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Meanjeans,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. All of our hotel rooms are large two room suites. It is just perfect for families that want to spread out. The breakfast buffet is excellent but our breakfast menu items, such as Neapolitan Eggs Benedict, are also out of this world. We hope to see you and your family again soon. But, our hotel is great for parent-only getaways too!

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Great location within walking distance of shops and restaurants (we took trip advisors recommendation and went to Cheeky's for breakfast approximately 2 blocks away). Loved the suite truly separate rooms if your traveling with a family (which often suites aren't). Rooms are outside but accessible only from interior elevator so felt quite safe. Arrived late restaurant menu is limited and not snack friendly if arriving off a flight! Neither is wait staff!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
MacWatz,
Thank you for the excellent review. Our hotel is in the perfect location to explore Palm Springs. We are near great restaurants, like Cheeky's, shopping and even some gambling. I would like to let you know we are in the process of changing and updating our menus. We hope you will stay with us again soon so you can try some snacks off the new menus.

Brentwood, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

If you have the opportunity of staying at this Hyatt please ask the lady at the front desk if you have choice of staying with a nice view if you don't ask you probably won't get any, the reason I tell you this is because the hotel is in a very nice area and has great views, the service was very very good in my case, but pay attention of the little details that they will become additional to your bill, the breakfast is very good and the valet parking is nice as well, overall this hotel is very nice, in a great and convenient location with great amenities to do around, great for a weekend get away.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask the front desk lady to have a room with a view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
David Y, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Ely G,
Thank you for the great review. We do have an excellent breakfast buffet each weekend morning. Our hotel in located near great shopping, many awesome restaurants, bar, casinos and more. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again for your next weekend getaway!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I've been going back and forth to palm springs over the last six months on both business and personal trips and have stayed at three different hotels this will be the first of three.

This is an all suite hotel and I found the rooms to be very spacious and comfortable. I have stayed here three times now and it really can't be beat for location.

The room palette is a bit dark for my taste but not overly so to the point of being depressing and the air conditioning is decent which is very important during the summer months.

The staff of course is very friendly and helpful as all Hyatt staff are and room service was fast without being sloppy but the food can be hit or miss, but that could be said for any restaurant or hotel if someone is having an off day.

I've had the shrimp and chorizo a few times and it's very good every time so that's my usual go to if I need a snack thing.

Now it's not just this hyatt but I'm having a hard time finding a classic club sandwich nowadays at hotels, call me old fashioned but that's not a sandwich that needs to be updated for the monocle wearing hipster crowd. It's a classic for a reason.

If I have to be downtown a lot on one of my trips this is definitely my place. I understand the frustration by other reviewers about valet parking and resort fees but this is somewhat standard for most hotels, not just this Hyatt so I stopped letting that sort of thing bother me a long time ago.

I've never had a problem with cleanliness though I would like bigger pillows and a classic club sandwich...but that's just me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ramblinAmerican,
Thank you for the very informative and articulate review. The rooms can be a bit on the dark side but this allows our guests to open their windows to the beautiful San Jacinto Mountains or for a view of downtown Palm Springs. I would also like to let you know we are in the process of changing and updating our menus in a number of outlets. We hope you will stay with us again soon and try a few of the new items!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We waited 1 hour for our food. They passed us up for the first hour. Then took another hour after to get our food. The server was a this rude girl that only took her time with the guys in the pool that were tipping her alot for buckets of beer. I think over a hour for food is unacceptable!!! But after i spoke to Anthony he handled the situation. I wasn't the only one that day. The lady next to me had to actually go in the bar area and yell she was tired of waiting for her french fries.!!!Also frid night when my TV wasn't working. I called 3 times to the front desk. Finally at 11pm I decided to just go to sleep. I have NEVER had a bad experience here. But this pool side experience was unacceptable! Getting a good tip from guys shouldn't be a reason u ignore the women ordering around the pool.David Jesse u did a good job with poolside service. To the girl that was working with them sat June 14th around 6pm, learn to be considerate of ALL guests. For a good example Lucia at the front desk was generally caring! Good job!!!

• Stayed June 2014
David Y, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
melindamelon,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We strive to provide excellent service for all of our guests. Unfortunately we did not live up to this standard for you during your stay with us. I have forwarded your comments to our Food & Beverage manager. We will use your feedback further train and coach our staff. We will improve!

-David

Been to Hyatt Palm Springs? Share your experiences!