“Nice place to stay in P.S.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #33 of 69 Hotels in Palm Springs
Laguna Niguel, California
“Nice place to stay in P.S.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed over for Thanksgiving weekend, got a great price. Very nice hotel; although the public areas were somewhat stark (neo-mausoleum-moderne), the suite-style room was VERY nice and large - almost like having adjoining rooms; included fridge, coffee maker, two flat screens, large usable work space with multiple outlets in lighting fixture was very convenient for running & recharging laptop, phone etc

The bed was a bit soft; and it was pretty noisy at the end of the hotel where our room was, with the pool on one side and the outdoor cafe/bar on the other side; this got kind of bothersome late (midnite) when the music was still blaring and I wanted to sleep; but others might find it happening. Pool area was pleasant with many lounge chairs, umbrellas, bar service. Walking distance to everything in downtown. Be aware that they stick you with the now-ubiquitous 'resort fee' ($15/day), and parking was $20/day (park on the street). Overall a great stay, would go back.

Room Tip: skip the $20/day garage parking - you can on the street right behind hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel not only allows pets but actually welcomed our dog who travels with us almost everywhere we go. The staff was very dog-friendly and the neighborhood offered an excellent environment for our walks.
Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable and we felt the price was reasonable. We only stayed one night as we were traveling through the area but if/when we return to Palm Springs this hotel will be at the top of our list. The location is within walking distance of several excellent restaurants and the Palm Springs Follies theatre along with many interesting shops.

palm springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Hyatt and enjoyed every minute.

They have the best "happy hour" buffet.

The sidewalk bar was great. They served the best calamari. The server was pleasant always with a smile.

Can't waite for next year..

ALSO SAW THE MARILYN MONROE TRIBUTE. GREAT SIGHT!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband, daughter & I just spent 2 nights at this hotel. It was an excellent hotel and if I could, I would give it 4 1/2 stars. Ignore all the old reviews about the hotel being dated and subpar. It was completely refurbished a few years ago and everything is sparkling clean and new. Some review complained about the garage being scary. The portion of the garage closest to the hotel has been painted and is well lit. The rest is less well cared for but I wouldn't call it scary. It is just a bit eerie because it is a huge garage under a defunct shopping mall which is about to be torn down and so most of it is empty.
Our fifth floor rooms were lovely. Our daughter's overlooked the main drag but since we were on the 5th floor she said there was no noise. Ours overlooked the golf course and mountains and had a gorgeous view. Everything was clean and comfortable. I have a small quibble with the interior decorator who decorated the sitting room with dark brown walls making it too gloomy for my taste. The only old portions of the room that I could recognize were the bathroom sink, bathtub and stone bathroom floors and tub surrounds. These were possibly left over from the original incarnation of the hotel. I was surprised that our sink hadn't been replaced since it had a crack in it but everything was clean. I appreciated that the tub had a rough surface on the bottom that made standing in it feel very secure. I always worry about slipping in the shower but had no such worries in this one. I could see why the stone flooring and tub surround had been kept since the stone is a very pretty pink/brown color. For some reason there are no towel racks in the bathroom so used towels have no where to go except on the floor or the edge of the tub. This seems to me to be an oversight. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I really liked the size of the two rooms in the suites.
We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant and it was a nice buffet - choice of continental or hot. The price was reasonable for the food available.
There is a $15 resort fee and $15 per day parking charge for self-parking. Give your parking ticket to the front desk to get in and out privileges during your stay.
As others have said, the hotel is well located near the center of the main street in Palm Springs. Palm Springs itself is looking a bit sad these days with the large defunct shopping center and other stores being closed. Apparently the defunct shopping center will be torn down within the next few months but as of this writing it isn't clear what will replace it.
I would gladly stay in this hotel again and recommend it to my friends

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms have a gorgeous view. City view rooms also have a good but different view but m...
2 Thank JoyceKing
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
What a very nice review of our hotel. Thank you for being so upfront and honest about your experience here. I too am dumbfounded when I read reviews that the property needs rennovation....but everyone's taste in style is different. I'm glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and I hope you come back soon. We have alot going on in the city over the next few months and there is always something to do! Cheers!
Alpine, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family spent Thanksgiving in the Desert at the Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs. We had a blast and loved the pool, hot tub and fire pits. The easy walk to coffee shops, restaurants and shopping was great.
This is an awesome Hotel if you are with a family with kids or not.

Room Tip: Pool Cabana Suites
1 Thank John H
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I am thankful that you spent your Thanksgiving holiday with us! I hope you were able to take advantage of the wonderful Turkey Brunch we served that day. It was a big success for us and many of our guests were able to feast on some wonderful food that was prepared by our very own Executive Chef Charles Steppe. I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you back in the near future. PS....it's going to be snowing every Saturday at the Forever Marilyn park - located down the street from us.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel enjoys the best location on the P.S. strip. You can easily walk up and down Palm Canyon Drive (the main drag here) from your hotel room, to dining, shopping, entertainment and area attractions. The valets here offered the most remarkable service we've experienced at any hotel in a long time. Nice pool, too!

Room Tip: Rooms here include those facing in inner courtyard, so if you prefer a view of your surroundings, as...
    • 3 of 5 stars
I do know that all the other hoteliers in the area are jealous of our location as it definitely is in the perfect location in Palm Springs. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the world on Trip Advisor! Thanks so much for staying with us. Next time you come, arrive on a Thursday so you can enjoy the weekly Palm Springs Street Fair - right outside our hotel on North Palm Canyon Drive.
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed here multiple times and keep coming back! I have work up at the 29 Palms MC base, but choose to stay here for the good atmosphere and friendly staff. Jon at the front desk is always smiling and friendly. Very helpful for directions, recommendations for food and entertainment. The rooms are always clean and fresh. The balconies offer a view of the mountain / street or pool. Pool warm and I choose to swim when it opens at 6am. Staff have made sure I knew when the towels were put out and twice even brought a towel to the chair where I had my items laid out. BIG fluffy pool towles as opposed to scratchy ones at other places. Food in the dining room is average priced for the area, but good and service has always been great. Bar serves a good pour and bartenders are friendly. This is right on Palm Canyon Drive which is the main restaurant/shopping/fun area of Palm Springs. The Thurs night street fair is right outside of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I know that you have several choices when it comes to choosing a hotel for your business needs and I thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Suites in downtown Palm Springs. The more you stay, the more we get to know you and you become part of the "family" when you visit. I will be sure to share your comments with the team as I know they will be delighted to know that you appreciate them as much as we appreciate you. Look forward to seeing you again soon!