“Excellent find” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
La Crescenta, California
“Excellent find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I felt that this hotel just fell short of a 5-star rating, but it's a bit more than 4 (4+). I stayed there on November 9 with my wife for one night in a city view room on the 4th floor. The higher the less noise you will hear from the street. The suite was large with a good size well equipped and decorated "living room", and a room with a king size bed, also well furnished and equipped with the last electronic gizmos (for iPhone/iPad, MP3 players, etc.). A private balcony adds a nice touch as well. The bathroom has many mirrors all around, which we liked very much.

The reason I give below full rating is that the area around the toilet bowl was not very clean, and the room was a bit too noisy from the street traffic.

But the hotel location is great - right at the village fest area and in the thick of things. It's also a stone throw away from the museum, where the "cactus to clods" trail starts, if you feel you want to conquer Mt. Jacinto starting early morning. The price was also excellent, as we got it from Hotwire, not knowing exactly what hotel we were booking.

Room Tip: Rooms with city view can be noisy, try mountain view for $15 more.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I'm so happy you enjoyed your accommodations at the hotel. We have over 600 square feet in every room and it is so nice to be able to spread out and relax when traveling. And...how fun that you got to experience the weekly Thursday night street fair! It's a nice treat for our guests as well as the locals! Can you believe they event set-up in the summer time when the temperature is 110? Crazy...but that's what I call consistency! Come back and see us again soon...we are ALWAYS open------ready to serve our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Front desk very friendly and helpful. We had to wait a minute while the front desk employee helped an elderly man who fell. The employee went above and beyond what would be expected. It was nice to see someone who really cared about a stranger!!

• Stayed November 2012
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for the 5 STAR rating! I'm so glad you had a wonderful stay with us. Our employees are the best and are always here to help assist with anything you need. In our business we really do care about each and every individual who stays with us! I hope you come back soon! Cheers.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This was my third time staying at this hotel and I have to say it must be Palm Springs best kept secret. Everytime I stay here I feel like a pampered Queen!! My valets RJ and Ron were great with directions and suggestions on where to eat. The front desk staff was all smiles. And for the first time I was able to check out the hotel's happy hour, my server Michael was so nice. The genuine warmth and friendliness of everyone just made me want to stay longer and come back sooner. I will be going back again but next time I'm bringing some friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
That Palm Springs Hospitality - it's the best....especially at the Hyatt! And everyone always talks about Southern Hospitality - they just haven't stayed with us yet! What a great review. The highest compliment we can receive from our guest is when they tell me they can't wait to come back! And I'm sure since you are a regular guest...you've just become part of the family! That's what it's all about! We have many guests who stay with us all the time and everyone knows everyone...and that is our best kept secret! Thank you for being so loyal...we can't wait to see you again! Cheers!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We enjoyed our time here very much. Good quality large rooms with living room area, comfortable bed and pillows and wi fi that worked. Resort fee worth paying for good quality reliable wi fi in my book. Very happy with our choice. Recommended

Room Tip: Overlooking mountains and pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
One of the things that is so important to me when I travel is to ensure I have good wifi so I immediately made a change when I arrived at this hotel and can say that I am very pleased with the service that I receive from our Internet Provider! I'm glad you had the same experience. Thanks for staying with us....and we hope to have you back soon....afterall, we allow you to stay "connected"! Cheers!
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Wonderful suite of rooms with lovely view of mountains. Perfect location in downtown Palm Springs.Staff very welcoming and helpful. There was a resort fee of $15 per night. This was the first time we had come across this during our 4 weeks in America. However, it included happy hour at the bar from 5.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m. - reduced price for drinks and a complementary and delicious mini buffet. In itself this more than justified the resort fee. Service everywhere in the hotel was outstanding.

Room Tip: Mountain side was lovely.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
To my wonderful guests...thank you so much for your kind words on the service and accommodations you experienced at our hotel. I'm very proud of our staff and the hotel and it means even more to me when our guests have a fantastic stay with us! I hope you enjoyed your tour through America....I need to get to the United Kingdom...I heard there were some fun Pubs in that part of the world! Many thanks for sharing your comments and for staying with us! Cheers!!
ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Hotel is located in town so you can walk to restaurants and shops. Room was a suite style and because I was on 6th floor facing the street I had a fantastic view of the valley. Quiet, good a/c and clean.

Room Tip: High floor facing the street with balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I love the views from our hotel...no matter what room you are in...you are guaranteed a room with a view! I hope you had a chance to check out our newest outlet "HooDoo" while you were here. We have live entertainment Thursday through Saturday and it's alot of fun! Just another way for you to spend some free time in Palm Springs! Thanks so much for the review and for staying with us. We appreciate you!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We arrived in Palm Springs after a long drive through the desert from the Grand Canyon (which was incidentally very enjoyable). Anyway my husband and I felt like staying at a quirky boutique hotel of character and we were initially determined to find one. We stopped at a few possibilities but could not find anything we liked. Fearing the Hyatt would just like all other big hotels we went there as a last resort and I am so pleased we stayed there. Firstly the location is brilliant, our room faced the pool and mountain backdrop, the staff were wonderful and the room was surprisingly inexpensive. We had a lounge, patio and room with two doubles. I think our room was number 511. Lovely! We were able to walk down the road and select from many restaurants for dinner. Breakfast was at Ruby's diner, and even though our check out was 12, staff made us feel welcome to use the pool and parking facilities for longer if needed. Thank you Hyatt you made our Palm Springs stay very memorable and your staff should be commended.

• Stayed October 2012
I get so excited when I travel and find a hotel that completely surprises me. I have a few favorites of my own and everytime I visit that particular city....I stay in that hotel that created a great memory for me! I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us...we are not the typical Hyatt box, we have alot of great things to offer our guests so they have a relaxing time with us. Can't wait to see you again at the Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs!

Been to Hyatt Palm Springs? Share your experiences!