“Would stay again and hope not to see the awful lady with short hair a working the parking booth.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #33 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hyatt this past weekend and it was definitely memorable. I want to say its been the most favorite room i've stayed at to date. We had a room situated on the fourth floor in a private corner with stunning views. The house keeping boys were sweet, Colleen at the front desk was a gem, the shuttle boys were great, the parking lot attendant woman was the last employee we had to deal with and she was unprofessional and rude, left a sour taste in my mouth. I work in the hospitality industry and often give people the benefit of the doubt but I have not had anyone amaze me quite like this woman. We were driving towards the exit and then cut off by her speeding SUV, she ran out of he vehicle and returned to her booth (why was she not already in there?), then told us that we were checked out of by new front desk staff and were not charged a parking fee. Long story short, there were other ways she could of handled that situation which would of left me ecstatic to Re book at the Hyatt in a heart beat.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Sometimes all it takes is the actions of one employee to make a big mistake and spoil a perfect stay. I spoke to your boyfriend on the phone yesterday about this situation and my sincere apologies for the way this employee acted. It is this kind of feedback that helps me take corrective action so another guest does not have that same experience. I'm glad everything else went well.....we thrive on providing great service and accommodations to every guest as I know we have the best hotel in Palm Springs...without a doubt! I hope you come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here for one night to celebrate my 3 year anniversary. Sometimes, you book a hotel and get dissapointed when you arrive because nothing is quite as you imagined. Hyatt Regency Palm Springs was the complete opposite, everything surpassed my expectations! The minute we arrived the bellstaff and Joann at the Front Desk made us feel right at home. They have an indoor swanky bar that we ordered mojitos from and took out to the pool. We laid in the sun on their deck which is not humungous but more than enough space considering how busy they were. There was waitstaff going around to the lounge chairs and a houseman making sure everyone was taken care of with enough towels. They also have an outdoor poolside bar which is even more convenient! Their drinks were the same price you would pay at a bar, not hacked up just because it's at a hotel. While we were getting ready for dinner, Room service surprised us with Chocolate covered strawberries! Joann let them know it was our anniversary and had it arranged. We felt so special.

The Hotel is at the edge of downtown so you never need to drive. You can walk to shops, restaurants, and bars. Everything is at your fingertips. We did not try the breakfast because we went out running instead, but it looked very good and the restaurant is pretty.

The room we had overlooked a beautiful mountain and golf course and had a balcony. It had tons of space and the bathroom was a great size. I had a wonderful sleep on the bed that was neither too soft or too firm. Just right. I work in the Hospitality industry and I am VERY picky. This hotel will be my new go to location when I/we want to get away!

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. Everything was great. Even the parking attendant was friendly and asked if we needed directions. You have the resort feel without anyone being snooty! I would definitely reccomend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: mountain facing rooms are beautiful but they also have cabana suites available
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Happy Anniversary - and thank you for celebrating your special day with us. I was very excited to read your review and appreciate the time you took to express your complete satisfaction with our hotel and staff. We are people who want to servce people and that's what it is all about! I can't wait to share this with the rest of the team! And I'm so glad this is your new "home" in Palm Springs! Come back soon ya here!!
Murrieta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Palm Springs the weekend of June 2-3, 2012. Our room was very nice, as this is an all-suite hotel. We also had a relaxing view of a golf course and the surrounding hill sides from a private balcony. The room was also very clean. As Palm Springs gets very hot during the summer, the pool is really a popular place to hang out, but this hotel's pool is pathetically small in proportion to the size of the hotel. It is shaped like a boring rectangle, and isn't much larger than many backyard pools. In addition, it was jammed (the only reasonable word to describe it) with sweating bodies, which made it less than inviting. We opted NOT to take a dip. Also, the hotel charges an obscene $175 a day for a small poolside cabana, which guarantees some much-needed shade. The hotel also offers a full breakfast for $9.95, which is fine, but I went down to breakfast early to grab a piece of toast for my husband who needed to eat something in order to take his medication, and was charged the full $9.95 for one piece of toast. That was a rip-off. Overall, I would advise someone planning a trip to Palm Springs to explore other options before settling for this property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

we left santa monica due to adverse weather and decided to go in the hunt for some sun,boy we found it in palm springs 114 degrees of it!,very good hotel,huge rooms,excellent golf course views,and all around very good staff,the position in the main road is perfect for all amenities,dont get a road view room,can be noisy,great happy hour [5pm] in the bar ,free food!yippee,all round good hotel

Room Tip: dont get a road view room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Our daily Happy Hour with the complimentary appetizers has been a BIG hit with our guests. I think it's important to have a snack after a day at the pool - just another service we can offer were our guests can relax and enjoy themselves with family and friends. I'm glad you choose to stay with us and hope to have you back in the future. Next time...try our new outdoor cafe HooDoo....it's creating quite the buzz in town! See you soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Regency Suites and the position in downtown Palm Springs was great. There were only three things that bothered us. When we arrived there was a tray of dirty plates outside our door, the carpet could have been vacuumed better, especially on the side of the bed by the sliding doors and the washbasin was cracked (room 406). The staff were very helpful and attentive.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the review and letting me know about the experience you had. I am sharing this with our housekeeping department to ensure they vacuum better for our guests and also going to speak with room service to ensure trays are being picked up in a timely manner. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It is important to create a relaxing, friendly environment for our guests who need to unwind. Hope to have you back soon. It's HOT in Palm Springs and our pool awaits you!!
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is an excellent hotel with a freindly staff and great food. I really enjoyed my stay. The pool cabanas give the privacy for you family and friends. The views are really spectacular. The location is perfect right downtown close to all the restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: The rooms with the Cabanas are the best.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I think you said it all in your review....we have the best location in Palm Springs which makes it very convenient for our guests to leave their car in the garage and take off out the front door on foot. Our staff works very hard to always deliver a great experience for our guests and I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back and see us soon....we have alot going on with our new outdoor cafe HooDoo! Great entertainment on the weekends and the perfect location to people watch. Cheers.
Riverside, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We have stayed at several hotels in Palm Springs and the Hyatt is always a pleasure to come back to (We get our rooms on Priceline.com) Will and Jackie at the Front Desk asked me if I was there for the street fair on Thursday night, I told him that we were here for our 35th Anniversary. After we check in my husband and I went down to the pool area. When I got back in my room (which was very nice) there was a bottle of Champaign, 6 to 8 chocolate covered strawberries and a note saying Happy 35th Anniversary. This attention to details is what makes the Hyatt Regency Suites a GREAT pleasure to stay at. I just want to say Thank You to Will and Jackie at the Front Desk ;0)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Palm Springs? Share your experiences!