“Mediterranean feel in Palm Springs” 4 of 5 stars

Korakia Pensione
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   257 S. Patencio Road, Palm Springs, CA 92262   |
Ranked #14 of 29 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Santa Monica
“Mediterranean feel in Palm Springs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Two beautiful heated pools, fireplaces every where, rustic luxury...this a great place to turn off your iphone and really unwind. No televisions in the rooms, interesting books provided. Limited but delicious breakfast fare served outside in a courtyard setting. Korakia isn't about the service (which is good), it's more about finding a quiet, peaceful spot to relax.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My boyfriend brought me here for my birthday at summer's end in August a while back, and got us the most spacious and private quarters in the place, and I felt like a princess in an ancient European village! We stayed in the Orchard House, which is like a huge deluxe apartment the size of a small house, with the most beautiful interior decor and a private hot tub in the garden. The floors were paved with stone and there were windows all the way around with crisp white drapes for privacy. Ladies: the bathing room was to die for! Deep hammered bronze tub and Moroccan tiles, the only thing missing was a servant to wash your back for you! Kidding, of course. I was in heaven, I didn't want to leave. We booked the couples massage in the spa which was great! We requested they come to do another in our room the next day, but they sort of frowned on it, so we didn't go for any spa treatment again, I wanted to soak up maximum time in our quarters. The breakfast on the patio was very good, and the staff makes great coffee. There was a friendly house cat lolling around for company. I also have to throw this in: the uniforms for the very-attractive young female staff at the desk and cafe are sexy sheer white wrap-around garments, so we got an eyeful of sexy body anytime we interacted with front desk or at breakfast, and my man was pretty happy about that :) The bummer part was, when we arrived, they said they had to cut our 4 night reservation short by a night because they had double-booked the room for a large party, and didn't offer us another room for lack of space. We were offered credit for one free night on a return trip, and we contacted them a couple times to make the reservation but no one would get back to us to make the reservation :(

Room Tip: The Moroccan side is more central to the hotel, the Mediterranean side is quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
korakiapen, General Manager at Korakia Pensione, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
I am incredibly sorry about the misses in service that you experienced! Please know that we truly love our guests and I am so sorry that you felt anything different. Please email me when you can to discuss your rebooking paulette@korakia.com
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Korakia is a unique, romantic and beautiful property, with Mediterranean architecture throughout. Beautiful grounds and rooms. The room we stayed in had a private outdoor shower which was amazing! Are room was huge, with a rustic feel to it, with no tv. The thing I found strange was that we were in one of the biggest rooms on the property, yet only had a queen size bed. I don't understand why they wouldn't have it accommodated with a king size, as the space was huge, and I'm sure that's what anyone would prefer.

Very beautiful but a little too quiet sometimes. I think they could improve this by playing a little ambience music by the pool during the day, at a low volume of course. It was so quiet while we were by the pool that I felt like I had to whisper. Also, I have high expectations and like the finer things in life, and I found some of the guests staying here to be a little snobby.

Breakfast was great, and felt like we were in another country. Great service.

Not a whole lot to do at night, and with no tv and shoddy wifi, it can get a little boring.
But as long as that's what you are looking for then this is definitely the right place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I say this just about every time I review a property but my wife and I are very particular about where we stay and Korakia lived up to our high expectations.

For starters, we were there at the end of the season and the rates were fantastic, which always helps you feel better about anywhere you stay. There is something special about feeling like you are getting a "deal" and I felt that way during this trip.

We are also chronic room changers and spend time when arriving checking out all the rooms. Eva helped us and was extremely patient and helpful. She took the time to make sure all our needs were met and on the second night, when we moved to a poolside room, she actually CLEANED THE ROOM because the housekeepers had gone home for the day and we recognized our desire to move that night. I have never had anyone go that far above and beyond as a guest and I can't say enough good things about her. If I owned a property, she would be my first hire!

Loved the room and really loved the saltwater pool and the fire illuminating it at night. I found myself floating in the pool at midnight, staring at the stars.

We found the movies outside very fun. The property has a timeless feel to it and watching old movies really helps that state of mind. We ordered Turkish food one night (set up by Eva!) and watched "Casablanca", it was perfect. The setting, the food and the film combined for a special night and I can't wait to do it again.

I believe what a lot of other reviews have stated. With the lower price, all my expectations were met but had I paid full rack rate in season, I would probably be a little let down . We were also blessed by having much of the place to ourselves, which I imagine is pretty rare.

Probably deserves another half star!

Room Tip: Both sides of the property have their charms, check out the rooms that are available.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
We also LOVE Eva! Thank you! I noticed that you came during off season and the rates are much lower, but during the regular season we do have additional touches that we add to the experience which we feel helps justify the higher rate. Something to also keep in mind is that we ALWAYS offer midweek rates. Please follow us on Facebook to view our specials and checkout our website periodically. If you have any questions about rates please call and we will be happy to see what we can do for you! Bottom line-- We want to see you again, so please call us!
Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

If you need to get away from daily life, unplug and unwind then stay here. There are many wonderful hotels in Palm Springs but Korakia is truly special. The atmosphere is informal and relaxed. Service was warm, friendly and efficient. The white walled architecture, palms and bougainvillea made it feel like we were in Spain or Greece.

There are 2 buildings across the street from one another, both have pools which are open 24 hrs - a plus on a hot desert night. There is wifi but no phones or tv. The layout of the rooms gives a nice sense of privacy. At night the grounds are illuminated with candles and in-ground fire pits that create a romantic atmosphere.

A wonderful breakfast was included, strawberry pancakes one morning and huevos rancheros the next, both included fresh fruit, fresh squeezed OJ and strong coffee. During the day the lovely ladies came by the pool with chilled fruit kabobs. And there is always chilled water with orange slices available by the pool and at reception.

Also, worth noting, the massage my husband received was amazing - deep tissue and administered by a PT and not the usual fluffy resort spa massage. They have yoga but we slept too late to attend. Bikes are available as well at no charge.

Beds are comfortable with crisp white cotton linens. Bathroom was a tad small but really, how much time are you spending in there anyway? Certainly not a deal breaker. We had no trouble with parking. Checkout is noon, unlike many places, that extra hour is much appreciated.

I highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a total escape in a low key, relaxed setting. Thanks Korakia for making our stay so pleasant and memorable.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street, noise was not a problem as the neighborhood is quiet and there is enough...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! You seem to have really noticed and appreciated all of the details. We can't wait to see you again! ps-- if you are not already remember to follow us on facebook, twitter and instagram!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My new husband and I spent our honeymoon in the Orchard House at Korakia. We really enjoyed the privacy. The suite was huge, complete with its own outdoor jacuzzi and plenty of places to sit with a book or each other. We loved the tea lights in the citrus grove at night!

Helpful Info:
-Free wifi, not super fast, but not bad
-No TV (we didn't mind)
-Fantastic location -- you can walk to town. Beautiful view of the mountain. Quiet, residential neighborhood.
-Great romantic spot. Leave the kids at home
-We got a fantastic midweek deal at luxurylink.com. Their deals change constantly, and it may no longer be available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and Congrats!!! We look forward to all anniversaries celebrated here!
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

recently was here this past weekend. it was sooo cute and lovely. very quaint hotel, it makes you feel like you're on a european break! the rooms are white walls a la greece, and there are stone bathrooms and kitchens. pools are nice and relaxing and there are day beds spread throughout the property. warning, there are no tv's or phones (however there is wireless!). come here for a little r&r, and it's very romantic <3. i would definitely come back here!!

Room Tip: we stayed in the ionian suite- it's right by the pool!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to seeing you again soon:) Until then please like us on Facebook!

Been to Korakia Pensione? Share your experiences!