“An Anniversary Treat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 28 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Beaumont, California
“An Anniversary Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I have had dinner at Melvyns a few times but have never stayed at the Ingleside Inn. For our 31st Anniversary I booked an overnight at the Inn and Melvyns as a surprise. From the time we checked in we could not have been treated more gractiously. There was a complimentary bottle of Champagne in our rooom along with a fruit tray, soft drinks and water. We spent time around the pool area just relaxing. The staff was always attentive and asking if we needed anything. Dinner at Melvyns in the evening was excellent and we received a special dessert for our Anniversary. We opted for the Standard room. While older, it was okay and clean and pleasant. The Inn has a special atmosphere about it that brings back memories of an earlier, more relaxed time. It is within an easy walk from downtown Palm Springs if you want to break-away from relaxing around the pool and do some shopping. All-in-all a very enjoyable experience and one that we would certainly recommend for anyone looking for a romantic get-away.

Room Tip: If you want to spend the extra money the deluxe rooms offer a bit more luxury than the Standard Room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I've been traveling for years both for business and pleasure. My wife and I were treated like royalty. I felt like I was part of The Ingleside Inn Family, from the time we checked in until we checked out. No request was too small for them. My wife took ill on our first night there at the restaurant, and the staff went overboard too help her feel better, from getting her extra broth in the chicken soup to giving us a bottle of sparkling water for our room. This is something above and beyond for a hotel. The room was gorgeous with a fireplace and back patio. It was our wedding anniversary, and we will be back again without fail. Best hotel stay anywhere, ever!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I've been going there for years. Guests I've met have also been coming back for years. Tells you something! The place is very relaxing. Whatever you need the staff will help provide. They've also been there for years.
Love the pool area. Within walking distance to most everything in town.
Rooms are just OK although they're clean and pleasant.
We'll be going back in the next few months.
Not many small kids are there which is a good thing.

Room Tip: Mountain views are great. Patio rooms are also nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bainbridge Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

An Anniversary trip does not get any better this. The Ingleside Inn is truly incredible get-away. My wife and l loved the classic elegance and the unique charm of the Ingleside Inn. The full service staff made us feel at home. Here’s to Danny and Eduardo!
The Ingleside Inn is exceptional, our room was delightful…everything exceeded our expectations! We will return very soon

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Southern Cal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We heard the Ingleside Inn was once the destination of many people from the golden days of Hollywood. We were married in the garden 7 years ago and have returned each anniversary. It's like taking a glimpse back to the days of "the rat pack". Everything is quiet elegant, from the winding shrub lined entry, the antique furnished lobby and the picturesque fountain in the courtyard. The rooms are furnished in antiques and complimenting colors. A fruit and cheese platter is provided upon arrival and the room refrigerators are stocked with water, juice and sodas.
This inn is within walking distance from downtown Palm Springs, yet set far enough off the main drag to be separated from the hub bub. We look forward to our anniversary trips.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Laguna Niguel CALIF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

With the warmer Beautiful Summer days of 2012 all but another Wonderful recent Life’s Memory, Palm Springs Welcomes the quickly approaching and always popular High Season. The Average High's for December and January dips to very bearable 70F. From these two "Winter" Months comes the gently warming Spring Season with the Average Highs increasing approximately 5 degrees per month. Now keep in mind these are Average Highs. I just spent the weekends before and after Thanksgiving 2012 at The Ingleside Inn. The November Average High’s are 78F, but I assure you Saturday November 24th was not your Average day! With half a dozen people in and around the Heated Pool (Heated to 83F I think) the Day turned out an incredible 86F!

Now bear in mind I live in a South Orange County Resort town I refer to as "Paradise"’ however The Ingleside Inn in Palm Springs gives it very stiff Competition for this Moniker. If you have read my other reviews on this “2nd Resort away from home” of mine, it's pretty evident that the Competition is closer than I've stated.

Now to answer the Question I am sure you are pondering, The Answer is a Resounding YES!
“It was just the way I'd left it” from my trips in October....Steeped in the Lore of Old Hollywood and its Legends, Quiet, Inviting, Secluded, Privileged with a Friendly Knowledgeable Professional Staff that after a few stays really become like Family.

With the onset of the Evening Hours, Melvyn’s takes on a Life of its own, presenting an Elegant Clubby World Class restaurant and piano bar providing Excellent Cuisine and Libations, All wrapped in the Classic through Modern Dance Sounds of Ron Greenip at the Piano.

From the Moment you drive thru the Front Gates IT IS a True Getaway for the Senses. Cheers!

Room Tip: Every Room is Different, just ask or visit their Website for photos and descriptions
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Wonderful place with old time charm. One of the last places in the Palm Springs area that still maintains the look and feel of Palm Springs of yesteryear. The staff were the most helpful, friendly, attentive, and engaging that I have stayed at in years. Thank you Mel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ingleside Inn? Share your experiences!