“A Slice of Happiness” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 29 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
florida
“A Slice of Happiness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

Having just had surgery, I needed a special, unique and beautiful place to relax. Ingleside Inn in Palm Springs was the very answer. The food during my one week stay was so superb that I had no desire to eat anywhere else. I found the staff not only courteous but always available for any of my needs. The only downside was my having to leave. Thank you for this wonderful and glorious heavenly establishment.

• Liked — The people
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sidcup
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2007

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Ingleside Inn from Monday 17 Sept to Friday 21 Sept this year. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

We can see why Mr Melvin fell in love at first sight with the Inn. We could not fault it all. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone and everything was perfect.

Our bungalow was clean and lovely, fluffy towels and clean fresh bed linen. We had breakfast delivered every morning to our private patio. We lunched in Melvyns, it was wonderful.

We spent the mornings around the clean pool. Plenty of fresh clean towels. All soft drinks complimentary.

A truly wonderful stay, if we return to Palm Springs this will be where we will be staying.

• Liked — The setting
  • Disliked — There was nothing to fault
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
calif.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nites while at a family wedding near by.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had Rm #147, a king bed room with private patio. I looked at Rm#148 and it's very nice as well.
The restaurant, Melvyn's, was great and the sandwiches by the pool equally as good. The bar there was rocking!
It's a small hotel with only 30 room, all different, so be sure to ask for room description when making reservations. Some rooms are small.
The rooms were clean and safe, parking easy.

• Liked — Size of hotel/staff
  • Disliked — No wireless in room.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ventura County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

The Ingleside Inn was a joy to behold -- secluded, private, quiet, and with an accomodating and extremely friendly staff. The historic ambiance and the individual (each one different) rooms make a wonderful break from cookie-cutter resorts.

Melvin's bar inside the Inn is one of the hottest spots in the area for jazz (especially their Sunday evening jam sessions), and the restaurant is five star.

After being deceived by one of the local resorts regarding the extent of their construction and associated inconveniences, the Ingleside Inn was a haven of tranquility. Thier pool area was especially nice.

• Liked — Friendly staff -- tranquil location
  • Disliked — Didn't get to stay long enough
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
HB
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2007

Our room was burglarized on our recent stay for our anniversary. Do not stay here. Rooms are not secure at all. No deadbolts. Front desk was possibly in on the scam to rip us off. I read TripAdvisor reviews too late cause it looks like we were not the only victims.

• Stayed May 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

My room was broken into during my recent stay there and several valuable items were stolen. The door locks are very flimsy handle knob locks, they do not have deadbolts. The door was just pried open with a screwdriver.

The management said they "cannot be responsible for local crime " when I asked them to compensate me for my loss. I recovered less than half of my loss from their insurance company and I had to absorb the rest.

Melvyn's is a great restaurant. After my experience with this theft and the Ingleside's attitude about it it is hard to feel positive about staying there again.

• Liked — Melvyns restaurant
  • Disliked — Poor security
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2006

We were given a gift certificate to this hotel, so I don't know how it was booked or selected. I had never heard of it before, but was told that celebraties had hung out there. My husband and I found this hotel easily, though were confused as to where to park. There were only signs for the valet. They let us check in early, which was pleasant. Our room, #142, was next to the lobby, and may have shared a wall with the restaurant. The room was furnished nicely, with cute antiques, a beautiful chandelier, and a cheeze and fruit tray. It had two windows and two heaters, which for late December we really needed. We stayed for just one night, so it was quite fun to see that they turned down our bed while we were gone for dinner.

We did not eat at Melvyn's, however we heard it at the party going on there until very late at night. It really bothered my husband, who was so annoyed, he finally called the front desk to find out when they would stop with the loud music.

We checked out the restaurant in the morning, and found it too expensive for our taste. Our room did not have a courtyard, or any private outdoor area, and the pool, although heated, was filthy. That's probably due to the high winds in the area. We also hoped to see some type of celebrity, because we were there on the same day as the funeral for President Ford, but we saw no one.

I would stay here again, but in a room with a private courtyard and further away from Melvyn's.

• Liked — The heater in the restroom
  • Disliked — The loud music and filthy pool
  • Tips/Secrets — Get a room away from the restaurant
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ingleside Inn? Share your experiences!