“Too much personal attention....if that's possible.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Ocotillo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Ocotillo
You added Casa Ocotillo to your Saves list
240 East Ocotillo, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego
“Too much personal attention....if that's possible.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I will start by saying, the rooms were very nice, comfortable and the setting of the property is very nice. We also brought our dogs and it was great to have them there with us! However, my partner and I felt that the owner was a bit heavy on the personal service.

Upon check-in, he gave us a tour of every single detail of the room and property. He also went over so many rules and the Do's and Don'ts of the property, it made us feel uncomfortable; kind of like going to Grandma's house who is so afraid you're going to break something. I found it tacky that they specifically spelled out with towels were to be used for sexual clean up with laminated cards next to the bed describing the location of the "trick towels." TACKY

We owner came knocking at our door several times insisting we join in for cocktail hour for all guests by the pool. We also had to exchange conversation every time we entered or left the property since he was always right there as we walked out. The property is really small so it's hard to avoid.

When we laid out by the pool, the top of my head touched to cushion my a few millimeters and he came running over to place another towel under my head and reminded me that there were more pool towels available so that I could cover the entire chaise as he had previously told me to do so.

On our way out, as we couldn't wait to get away, he insisted on taking our picture even as we insisted we did not want to. All in all, the place is great. The hospitality is too much for my comfort.

One last thing that I thought would be a nice touch to the rooms. They still have the old tube tvs mounted from the ceiling. It would be great to have had a flat screen TV at eye level instead of near the ceiling.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Indio, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My partner just finished his first year of law school and wanted to get away somewhere to relax. We chose Casa Ocotillo for its small size and quaint look. We were not disappointed. It was a great inn with a good location and wonderful hosts. I'm sure we will return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I loved Casa Ocotillo. The rooms are so nice, the pool is great. Very nice and relaxing. The owners are very nice too. Close and convenient to the downtown area. The stocked kitchen for breakfast made the morning great. Will definitely come again!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

If you don't like the big hotel setting, Casa Ocotillo is the place for you. The setting is small and intimate and the accommodations are wonderful. The owners, Vic and Brian, are wonderful hosts and make you feel at home. The pool and grounds are beautiful and its so nice to have secure off street parking. I have stayed here several times and will always come back. Can't wait for my next visit!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was my first time staying at Casa Ocotillo, and I cannot say enough of the pleasant surprise it was to find such a peaceful oasis! Not only are the rooms beautiful, but the pool area and grounds are very relaxing. Vic and Brian are the perfect hosts! You feel right at home the minute you arrive. They strive to make you feel at home, going way beyond their responsibility as hosts to guide you to whatever it is you are looking for ( it was my first time in Palm Springs). My two doggies had a wonderful time roaming around the property with Ashley, their counterpart at Casa Ocotillo, and forming a trio of delinquents that made us crack up laughing! I was able to go out and leave them behind, in the assurance that they were well taken care of, something I rarely do! Vic and Brian are two gentlemen who make sure that all your expectations are met. I loved their kitchen, open 24/7, so I could run over in the middle of the night for water, ice or a Diet Coke! I highly recommend Casa Ocotillo!!!! Thank you so much, guys!!

Room Tip: I liked the rooms by the side entrance, as they have a small terrace to hang out at night!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

At last we’ve found empathetic proprietors for travelers with pets. No more second class accommodations, not since Brian and Vic of Casa Occotilla. The rooms, décor, artwork, grounds, pool and people are all five star. Relaxing, convenient to downtown and more. “Home Away From Home” is no longer a cliché. Brian and Vic have redefined the words. Brian and Vic were so accommodating we extended our stay one day. Visitors must experience Casa Ocotilla at least once.
John, Bill, Biscotti and Olive
Valencia, California

Room Tip: The only decision you have to make is suite or bungalow. All of the rooms are exquisite, clean, and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Memorial Day weekend marked our third visit to Casa Ocotillo and it was as enjoyable, pleasant and relaxing as the previous two visits. The quality of the accommodations continues to be perfect and Brian and Vic have always been gracious and considerate hosts to us and our two dogs. The quiet but convivial atmosphere at Casa Ocotillo is ideal for those looking to get away from it all to bask in the desert sun. We especially enjoyed sitting outdoors for breakfast on our private terrace with the mountains as backdrop. The only hard part about staying at Casa Ocotillo is having to eventually pack the car and return back home ... but that's easily remedied by anticipating the next trip to Palm Springs and Casa Ocotillo, which is something we plan on doing again very soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Ocotillo? Share your experiences!