“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cork Tree California Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 234 restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Californian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cook Street
Chicago, Illinois
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We chose this restaurant for my birthday dinner because it was the night before we departed and it was close to our hotel (the JW). We ended up walking over. It was packed on a Monday night which was our first clue it would be delicious. We each had a wonderful salad (the special), yummy entrees and cocktails and a complimentary desert (I had mentioned the birthday when making the reservation). Service was very pleasant; could not have asked for a better experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
New Jersey
“Great lamb shank”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very nice quiet restaurant, older crowd. Beet and date salad a must have if you like either. Flat iron steak a bit on the chewy side. Service was excellent.

Visited March 2013
Elgin, IL
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I went to a vendor sponspored dinner party with about 12-15 people here. We had a private dining area, which was very nice. The appetizers were so delicious I almost couldn't eat dinner. I had a steak and it was excellent. The service also was excellent. Their food was upscale, but a little different than restaurants like Mortons. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Outstanding place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had dinner for the first time on February 20 and I will be back. Dined alone and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating. Menu selections were great and I enjoyed my lite supper very much. I will be back

Visited February 2013
New Jersey
“Outstanding, Outstanding, Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I dined at the Cork Tree on the last night of our visit to Palm Desert and it was by far the best meal we encountered on our trip. We had been to Clementines for lunch and the owner Christophe suggested we try Chef Herve's 36 Hour Pork Shank during our conversation with him.Well, the pork shank was fabulous. The meat just feel off the bone and the flavor was something to be remembered. My wife had the lamb chop special and she thought it was perhaps the best she had ever eaten. We were on the patio outside and we really enjoyed the atmosphere, rather than inside. . We each had a glass of Syrah, a very nice pour which went well with our meal. I would recommend reservations since this is a very popular restaurant and for good reason.

• Visited February 2013