“Adequate for quick stay. Nice staff, clean but renovation is a good plan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Palm Desert Resort

Special Offer
2X Point Package
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Portland, Oregon
“Adequate for quick stay. Nice staff, clean but renovation is a good plan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here to visit my family. Room 118 was plenty quiet with one exception. The showers for 2nd and 3rd floors made a strange noise in the drain. Over our room. Other than that we had a large room with 3 sinks. There was a fold out couch in the front room. Separate room for the bed. We did not have breakfast there although we peeked in and saw they cook to order. Lots of parking. There is a pool area which the soccer kids were using. Despite there being many of them and their family we didn't hear any noise. The renovation will be a good thing.

Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Marina del Rey, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Embassy Suites is normally a good choice, not this hotel for many reasons. I checked in here for
3 nights, room rate was $330 night as shortage of rooms for conference nearby. That price influences my rating and was outrageous for the quality of this hotel. The exterior is filthy and that is a nice statement. Graffiti and old stickers, nail holes in elevator cabs, duck tape used to make east elevator door close. Palm tree shredded clippings on second level stairs left for three days. Breakfast was marginal at best by Embassy standards in east clubhouse that reminded me of 1972 construction and decorating. Room was generally fine, a/c worked, but housekeeping for two days in row hadn't turned my room by 4pm despite fact I left at 8am each day & left curtains open for housekeeping.Hotel not well managed. Not Hilton managed.Avoid, go to one of 20 other nearby hotels. During rehab, this property will be a disaster. Not worth half of what I paid to stay here. Look at this place at night, even worse w/ poor lighting. I would NEVER bring children here.

Room Tip: I asked office to speak with manager, was denied that, but received free wifi instead of $12 daily c...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Bend, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Staff was attentive at check in. Facilities are surely old and need updating. Room had weird smell to it. Cooling system not the most effecient. Pool area was nice. I've lost interest in Embassy's free breakfast as it is a bunch of fake food. Nothing wholesome about the breakfast!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Naperville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed at the embassy suites for a lacrosse tournament in indio. The exterior of the embassy suites was very nice, and the courtyard, pool and hot tub were clean and enjoyable. The staff were very accommodating as well. We needed to upgrade to an executive suite as we needed to have 2 double beds versus 1 king. The room (146) was well located on the first floor right by the pool and close to parking. I was charged an extra 20 dollars per night which I was fine with. The inside of the room was hands down the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. It smelled and looked to be furnished with garage sale finds. There was a large conference table that had gouges and scrapes all over it. There were 6 chairs around it. There was a broken stained lamp shade next to it. No other furniture with the exception of the pull out couch. There were 2 phones in the unit, neither of which were functional. The tv's were fine and the beds in the back room were small but comfortable. I don't know if other rooms were as awful as ours but I do know that one family moved to a different hotel after one night. One family had their car broken into during our stay there. When we returned at 330pm the first day we were there, our room had still not been cleaned. When I walked over to the front desk I was informed that the hotel was sold out and their priority was to clean the rooms that were vacant and that my room would be cleaned by 430pm, which it was. There is a large renovation going on and honestly I do not know if the other rooms at the hotel were as awful as ours. My advice to the embassy suites management would be to make room 146 a storage room or something. It was so gross which is too bad because again the staff was pleasant enough and the outside/common areas were pleasant enough. I did hear that the breakfast was not too great. We had to be out of our rooms before breakfast was served both nights we were there.

Room Tip: Do Not pick room 146. Awful.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel is undergoing a $10million renovation with new carpets, bathrooms, furnishings and public areas. Quite a bit of work taking place while we were there (early January) but the results will be fantastic. Everything was great and we'll be back!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I took my son for his bday and he loved every minute. He enjoyed breakfast the evening reception and of course the pool. The hotel is very family friendly. I tell everyone about this hotel and area. I didn't think I would enjoy palm desert with a 8 and 10 year old kid but it was wonderful. We will be back very soon.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Firstly, let me start off by telling my fellow Trip Advisor Friends that I am not usually this brutal...but this place needs a stick of dynamite! We visited Palm Desert in Dec/Jan...We reserved this hotel for the price and for the fact that it is a Hilton property ( as we are Honors members )...If I were Hilton, I would dump this place altogether...They have signs everywhere saying that they are undergoing a 10 Million $ Reno...Sorry to say that even 10 Million won't help this place:( Our experience here was awful...We had 4 rooms in this hotel and all of them smelled like MOLD! Yes, Mold, Mildew, Rot! And the two cans of spray we purchased did not help! I am asthmatic and this place almost killed me...I started coughing within hours and by the next day I was in full blown coughing mode...We complained and were moved to a different room on the same floor but it smelled exactly the same...I feel so guilty having my children stay here with us as I have probably compromised their young lungs in some way:( The weather in Palm Desert was very cold in December, so you would think that putting the heat on in the room would help...but NO, it didn't help because the gaps in the windows and doors in the rooms were 1/4" - 1/2" wide...Now for the food in the breakfast room...Gross! It's just slapped together in a very cheap way...I also was sick for the first day after I ate there so I never returned for the rest of our stay...So much for free breakfast...I feel that the staff at this hotel are just ok...if that...We called for an extra luggage rack 3 times and each time we were told "yes" but we never got the rack...Why didn't they just say "we don't have an extra rack" One of our rooms had to have the lock taken off completely as it was not working properly...and after it was repaired it still didn't work! I could go on and on and on about the disappointments here but it would be ridiculous to waste anymore time typing...I will say that the cleaning staff does a good job cleaning and that they were pleasant...One other positive, there is a Starbucks next door:) I hope that Hilton takes a hard, long look at this place and helps these people figure things out so that future travellers can enjoy their stay...For our family it was a waste of thousands of $$$$...Let me say that we have stayed in many Embassy Suites over the years and we have never had an experience like this one...It was a real stress on our entire family staying here for 8 days and I never want to revisit a place like this again for as long as I live...Worst travel experience for us by far...

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Susan A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Palm Desert Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. Our management team reads all reviews as they are a valuable tool we us to further the training or our staff. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are renovating our property and have already put in new carpet, new paint on the walls and ceilings and are awaiting the new furniture. We have not encountered reports of mold or mildew in our rooms. I hope you will give us another chance to take care of your reservation needs once our renovation is completed. If you should return to our area, please contact me directly and I will personally take care of making your reservation. Again, I thank you for your time and hope you have a great day.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Palm Desert Resort? Share your experiences!