My husband and I were at Club Intrawest June 10th - 17th, 2007. The warmest temperature during our stay was 110. We had a one bedroom, end unit patio villa and out door shower. This was our 5th trip to Palm Desert, but our 4th stay at Club Intrawest. This is by far our favorite place to stay and our favorite unit so far.
The décor includes painted concrete floors throughout (no carpeting – it’s a good thing in desert), bright colors and rustic furniture. The kitchen features a refrigerator, freezer and separate ice maker (in the summer we go thru a lot of ice) and the unit is well stocked with utensils, pots and pans.
Regarding the décor, I recall, on my first visit to this resort, it took me a few days to get acclimated to the décor, I wasn’t quite sure I liked it. The décor has since grown on me and we both prefer Club Intrawest to the Marriott next door.
We’ve experienced friendly and prompt service at the reception and when we’ve called for minor service. Reception calls after a service call to follow up on the service call and confirm that we were satisfied. That’s a nice touch.
Club Intrawest does offer free wireless internet service, signal was good in the morning and early afternoon and very weak by 5 p.m. Ask reception for the logon information when you check-in.
The pool located near our unit was adult only. We had the pool to ourselves in the evening.
We’re not golfers, but we enjoy having breakfast on the patio at the Desert Willow Golf Resort located adjacent to the resort. The Grill at Desert Willow is open daily for breakfast and lunch ~ June-September Fri-Sun. The bar is inviting too
One evening we had dinner at Haleiwa Joes (a former Charthouse Restaurant) off of 111 between Frank Sinatra Drive and Country Club. Happy hour menu includes half price pupus, try the coconut shrimp, and live Hawaiian music on Friday and Saturday.
We visit Palm Desert once or twice a year for a low key get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Homes custom-built for the Desert. Club Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. Club Intrawest -- Palm Desert is your desert home. Ideally located next to the Desert Willow Golf Course, Club Intrawest -- Palm Desert is serene and secluded. Peaceful, spacious and seemingly one with the desert surroundings, the Vacation Homes at Palm Desert take full advantage of the year-round warm weather. Enjoy both family and adult-only pools, 2 tennis courts, a basketball court and private movie theatre. The Vacation Homes are built in a series of 'Haciendas', each surrounding a pool and hot pool area, and a barbecue deck. Spacious Vacation Homes feature full kitchens and fireplaces on the terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Club Intrawest - Palm Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Palm Desert Hotel Palm Desert
- Hotel Intrawest Palm Desert
- Intrawest Palm Desert