“Desert paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Waterdown, Canada
“Desert paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Excellent grocery store within walking distance. Ask for a Canadian card at grocery store for added savings. Use website Standby Golf for the best golf deals. Played lots of courses but liked Indian Wells Celebrity Course the best. Get to the courses early as the range and practice area's are all included.

Room Tip: One side backs onto golf course the other side is desert. I preferred the desert side bottom floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I just got back from a weekend retreat in palm desert for a convention that we had to attend to in palm springs. We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 king suite downstairs unit 16-1. I was impressed very spacious large kitchen, shower was AMAZING I could stay in there forever, beds were also comfortable. We had to rent a roll away bed for my daughter $15 for the weekend she didn't care for it next time I will bring my air mattress. The best part was the kitchen great size but no oven they did have a microwave convection oven worked good for what I needed to make. The kitchen opens up to the patio which has a fireplace ( it doesn't really warm you up) but nice ambiance. We actually had 2 fireplaces there was another patio that let from the other room with another fireplace. The pool is about 15 steps away great spot! Ralphs grocery store is right next door so that was very convenient.

I didn't like the fact that I had to pay $10 for an extra set of towels and when I tried to call the front desk to request the roll away bed and towels no answer from the 5 times I called. My husband had to walk over there and request the items that was the only disappointing part of my stay. Otherwise they would have gotten a 5 star rating.

Room Tip: corner unit.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We are Club members and this was our second visit - stayed in a one-bedroom "Terrace" for a week - same unit as first time. We enjoy the view - pond with ducks/pelicans, plenty of jackrabbits. The kitchen amenities could be improved by one larger frying pan (preferably non-stick) and I need lessons in using the convection oven as a normal microwave (too much info to get thru in the booklet!). The only drawback to the unit we were in is that the adjoining unit has an entrance passageway which is directly behind our unit's bedroom which results in hearing every noise (walking/talking) when one is trying to sleep. It's nice to have access to DVDs - good selection. The reception staff are always pleasant & helpful. Ralphs is nearby for groceries.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet area unless one wishes to be near the pools.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mount Shasta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

This place is nice and I don't say that very often. Would definitely stay here again if the opportunity arises! Great area to do 4x4 off roading. Front desk staff could have been a little more service oriented.

• Stayed October 2012
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Since becoming Intrawest members in 2000 this is our 7th visit to this location .Needless to say of all the Intrawest locations this is by far our favourite. We love the quality accommodation, the spacious, clean and beautiful grounds. the quality and comfortable pool furniture and the fantastic views. Although close to 100 % occupancy. with 4 pools and spacious grounds we never felt it was crowded. We always rent bicycles (from a local bike shop) when we're here as Palm Desert is very bike friendly with miles of accessible uncrowded bike trails. Special thanks to manager James for his friendly and helpful service. This will probably be our last visit unfortunately as we have to sell our 180 resort points. If anyone is interested in purchasing please contact me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
La Mesa, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

First of all, it is gorgeous. It's a desert setting with desert plants, flowers, trees, rocks and bunny rabbits running around. The golf course surrounds the complex and the mountains provide a beautiful backdrop to the vistas. It's quiet and elegant. The pools, though not large, are plentiful with jacuzzis at every pool site. There's a small theater where they show movies for free a couple times a day. The shopping and restaurants abound within a short drive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

After spending 5 nights at the Intrawest, I wish we had scheduled more. Hiking trails surround the grounds. It's adjacent to the Desert Willows golf course. Though not a golfer, it's worth visiting the lobby there merely to drool over the Chihuly piece hanging from the ceiling. The pools and hot tubs are fine and close to each unit. Grills are also nearby for those who like to cook out. We saved a lot by preparing breakfast, snacks, and a few other meals in our kitchen.

We booked a 2 bedroom but ended up with a one bedroom and an adjoining studio. So, we had extra kitchen areas and an extra patio with fireplace. It was spacious, beautifully decorated, and completely furnished. The only suggestions I would make are: 1) raise the microwave/convection oven to the top of the counter or mounted on the wall. In order to open and use it, one has to bend down or kneel on the floor...kind of inconvenient. 2) Have a washer and dryer in the unit rather than at the end of the building. I like tossing dirty clothes in and running a load when it's full. 3) Zumba and Yoga are offered although both are an additional cost. Other places I've stayed included them at no extra charge.

The staff was above and beyond helpful. I mistakenly left my computer's charging cord at home. Tawnie, at the main desk, graciously brought hers from her house to let me use during my entire stay. The Wednesday wine, cheese, fruit, and cracker social was a fun way to meet others staying at Club Intrawest. The staff mingled, took photos, and graciously served us.

There are signs all over asking all to abstain from feeding the ducks. We saw no ducks, but many, many bunnies, road runners, and ravens!

Ralph's is a grocery store within walking distance and carries most everything you'll need. Be sure to request a discount card. The savings really add up with it.

The serenity of this place and the friendliness of the staff and other guests makes me wish for a return visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Club Intrawest - Palm Desert? Share your experiences!