After spending 5 nights at the Intrawest, I wish we had scheduled more. Hiking trails surround the grounds. It's adjacent to the Desert Willows golf course. Though not a golfer, it's worth visiting the lobby there merely to drool over the Chihuly piece hanging from the ceiling. The pools and hot tubs are fine and close to each unit. Grills are also nearby for those who like to cook out. We saved a lot by preparing breakfast, snacks, and a few other meals in our kitchen.
We booked a 2 bedroom but ended up with a one bedroom and an adjoining studio. So, we had extra kitchen areas and an extra patio with fireplace. It was spacious, beautifully decorated, and completely furnished. The only suggestions I would make are: 1) raise the microwave/convection oven to the top of the counter or mounted on the wall. In order to open and use it, one has to bend down or kneel on the floor...kind of inconvenient. 2) Have a washer and dryer in the unit rather than at the end of the building. I like tossing dirty clothes in and running a load when it's full. 3) Zumba and Yoga are offered although both are an additional cost. Other places I've stayed included them at no extra charge.
The staff was above and beyond helpful. I mistakenly left my computer's charging cord at home. Tawnie, at the main desk, graciously brought hers from her house to let me use during my entire stay. The Wednesday wine, cheese, fruit, and cracker social was a fun way to meet others staying at Club Intrawest. The staff mingled, took photos, and graciously served us.
There are signs all over asking all to abstain from feeding the ducks. We saw no ducks, but many, many bunnies, road runners, and ravens!
Ralph's is a grocery store within walking distance and carries most everything you'll need. Be sure to request a discount card. The savings really add up with it.
The serenity of this place and the friendliness of the staff and other guests makes me wish for a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Homes custom-built for the Desert. Club Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. Club Intrawest -- Palm Desert is your desert home. Ideally located next to the Desert Willow Golf Course, Club Intrawest -- Palm Desert is serene and secluded. Peaceful, spacious and seemingly one with the desert surroundings, the Vacation Homes at Palm Desert take full advantage of the year-round warm weather. Enjoy both family and adult-only pools, 2 tennis courts, a basketball court and private movie theatre. The Vacation Homes are built in a series of 'Haciendas', each surrounding a pool and hot pool area, and a barbecue deck. Spacious Vacation Homes feature full kitchens and fireplaces on the terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Club Intrawest - Palm Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Palm Desert Hotel Palm Desert
- Hotel Intrawest Palm Desert
- Intrawest Palm Desert