My wife and I just had another great 5night stay here in late Sept. We had a grand time as usual. That was expected, as Club Intrawest does maintain its HIGH STANDARD - our unit was maticulously maintainted; the upkeep of the premises was supurb! All the staff was friendly and helpful. They gave us good recommendations on local events and great directions!
Ours is a 1-bedroom unit upstairs (16-2), which has a large open terrace with a fireplace, facing the family pool below. The living quarter comes with a huge, nicely furnished living room, very bright with large windows; a well-equipped kitchennette with all the essentials, plus a separate good size ice maker unit! The bedroom has a large shower stall, plus another spacious, attached private shower stall next to the terrace as well! There's TV in the living room and bedroom, of course. The one in the living room is too small, however. The sinks and appliances are a bit dated, but clean and well maintainted. On the ground floor, each building has a laundary room, free. even stocked with free detergents!
- I'd give it the 5th Star, after the appliances are updated.
The Club House is huge, luxurious, and welcoming! It houses the adult pool and a Fitness Room, a small, classy movie room and an arcade! Right next to the Club House is another building for the SPA! The golf course is of championship caliber. Besides golf, there is also a tennis facility.
- A supermarket is conveniently located only 0.25 mi away. My wife took advantage of it and put our kitchen to good use a couple evenings!
SOME FUN STUFF TO DO AROUND TOWN:
- In addition to many fun stuff to do on the premises, there are tons of others to do outside!
- Almost everywhere in town is only 15-30min drive away. We visited the charming Old Town in La Quinta; had fun in the Farmer's Market and Art Fair (Thu/Sat evenings only) in Palm Desert downtown, where we were awed by the 26ft towering sculpture of "Forever Marilyn"; enjoyed shopping and movies in Westfeld Mall...happy hours everywhere including Mamma Gina on El Paseo...!
- To top it off, we spent a glorious day hiking in the magnificent Joshua Tree National Park (60+min drive to the "Yacca Valley" Entrance)
- We are Intrawest Club members, and have visited its properties in various locations including Canada and Mexico, this one in Palm Desert meets Intrawest's high standards, and does have its own unique, desert charm. We like coming here to enjoy the summer and autumn!
- Non members can also make reservations, of course. Do try to make yours EARLY, very early!
Peterskis, Oct 2012
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Homes custom-built for the Desert. Club Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. Club Intrawest -- Palm Desert is your desert home. Ideally located next to the Desert Willow Golf Course, Club Intrawest -- Palm Desert is serene and secluded. Peaceful, spacious and seemingly one with the desert surroundings, the Vacation Homes at Palm Desert take full advantage of the year-round warm weather. Enjoy both family and adult-only pools, 2 tennis courts, a basketball court and private movie theatre. The Vacation Homes are built in a series of 'Haciendas', each surrounding a pool and hot pool area, and a barbecue deck. Spacious Vacation Homes feature full kitchens and fireplaces on the terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Club Intrawest - Palm Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Palm Desert Hotel Palm Desert
- Hotel Intrawest Palm Desert
- Intrawest Palm Desert