“Very nice stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
San Diego, California, United States
“Very nice stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was recently in Palm Desert for a conference and needed a convenient, resonable priced place to stay for a few nights. Overall experience at this hotel was great. The location was great. Very easy to get to and find, lots of parking, within 5-10 minute driving distance to great shopping and attractions. Bed was comfortable and the room had a big TV. I liked that the room had a little couch and chair and a desk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here in Palm Desert! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I hope we see you again in the future! Have safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We needed a hotel close to a friend's house & this fitted the bill. It wasn't anything special & looked older than I expected. It didn't seem as nice as other Courtyard properties we had used. Although on a main road it was quiet to sleep. We had a room overlooking the pool area. The bedroom was a fair size but the bathroom was poorly planned. It was small with a washbasin outside & the bathroom door opened against the washbasin so was totally impractical. We find that invariably we are both trying to get ready at the same time & having bathroom facilities big enough to share is crucial. We didn't have the breakfast package or eat at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate any and all feedback on our services. The restroom facilities are a bit difficult to navigate when multiple users are present and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I hope you wont judge use based on this one experience and will allow us to better serve you in the future. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you have safe travels.
Bremerton, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Do not stay here. The beds are hard as rocks. I have never slept on a more uncomfortable bed. These are not the typical Marriott mattresses. It's like sleeping on a cement slab. I will never stay here again sorry to say. I didn't get a wink of sleep.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We appreciate any and all feedback from our guests. I am very sorry to hear about the bed situation. We change out our beds regularly and will make sure that we are up to date on our mattress rotation. Thank you for staying with us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel was just okay. For the price, it did the job. If you're looking for ambience or luxury, look elsewhere. Also, beware of "breakfast included" upon check-in. The hotel has a funny way of telling their guests that breakfast is included with their room (three separate times) then trying to charge their guests upon check-out. We called "shenanigans" on being charged and got the breakfast taken off the bill but only after strong insistence by us and basically being called liars by the staff. If you stay here, keep your eyes open and be sure to check your bill!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us in Palm Desert. I do apologize for what happened during your stay with us. Breakfast generally is not included with our hotel however there are room packages that include it. I will be reviewing this with my staff to ensure that mistakes like these do not repeat themselves. Thank you for taking the time and letting us know what happened. I hope you have safe travels on your next trip.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The location is good. The lobby is new and on-par with the newest Courtyard line but the room was not. It was clean and comfy but not as modern as the courtyard I stayed in the night before. Reina, the front desk clerk was awesome and delightful. The pool area was really nice, spacious and well maintained. I would stay there again but prefer the newly renovated courtyard.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while in Palm Desert! We appreciate you taking the time to post a review for us. We hope you enjoyed your stay in the desert and hope to see you again soon!
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Upon checking into the hotel, I was surprised that I was not upgraded (being Gold) I had to ask. Having said that all my questions and concerns were answered and or addressed. The lobby looks brand new but that is were it stops, the rooms need some updating although they are clean and spacious (I stayed on the ground floor). I found myself having to ask for basic items that come in other Courtyards I have stayed in and to the credit of the hotel they were addressed and taken care of in a timely fashion, but I shouldn't have had to ask for them. The smoke alarm was chirping and even though I was fixed very quickly; why wasn't that caught by housekeeping. With so many choices in the Palm Desert area I don't know if I would be so quick to come back here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Palm Desert and for sharing your experience. I do apologize for the inconveniences that may have occurred. I will look into the matter personally to ensure that we our housekeeping department and maintenance are properly checking and reporting items to their managers. We do upgrade our members when we have availability however we do have limited availability. I hope that you will provide us another chance in the future to better serve you and your family. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you have safe travels.
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Business travel to the area and this is a nice spot to stop. No breakfast included though. Nice desk to work with. Food for sale in the hotel. Nice newer location. Will stay again. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JohnathanKennedy, Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Palm Desert and for sharing your great experience. Our top priority is to ensure all of our guests feel welcome when staying with us. We hope to see you again next time you are in Palm Desert!

Been to Courtyard Palm Desert? Share your experiences!