“Excellent stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had a very nice stay at this Courtyard By Marriott, which is very conveniently located near the Desert Willow Golf Courses. Lobby has been redone nicely and is a great place to hang out. Front desk staff were courteous and helpful. TV in my room was so nice that I bought the same one for my home when my old HDTV gave. out I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed two nights in conjunction with desert concert at this hotel. I am a member of Marriott Gold and as always the property lived up to high Marriott standard. There is nothing worse than booking accommodation and be surprised with sub-standard disappointment. I am a loyal Marriott loyalty program for that reason and have never been surprised any where in the World.
I have used TripAdvisor over the years and follow reader recommendations often and usually very happy in their selection, but even then surprises do happen in a negative way.
But, I have been very pleased with Marriott product and they treat loyal customers well!
One thing which puzzles me is the low rating for some of the best luxury hotels that are often rated very low on the list? Perhaps, it is because people who frequent those properties do not take the time to write a reviews? If they do, there are so few that couple negative reviews plays bigger part in bringing down overall rating low, because of positive/ negative ratio?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here on business with a group of others. Hotel was very organized and had our rooms and room keys ready and handed them out to us. Very fast check in and it was appreciated. Hotel rooms were clean and had all the amenities. My TV was huge. I would stay here again. Lobby was great for this group. Very spacious and comfortable. Loved the coffee too!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. Great, friendly, staff.
The hotel is right on the road. Semi's and early rush hour traffic loud if you stay in front rooms. Request pool view away from street for a more quiet room.

Room Tip: Pool view away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

When I booked my stay they said and emailed the statment saying I've been charged a non-refundable fee and then when I go to leave the manager tells me they didn't charge me for the full stay. So that was very inconvenient being charged more money when I thought it was done months ago on the phone like the incompentent reservation agent was suppose have done and told me she had done.The staff was rude while I was there except ONE sweet employee name BRIANNA who should be the President of the hotel. One time I came in at 11:10 and the doors were locked and my key didn't work and I buzzed and buzzed and banged on the door and nobody came and FINALLY someone comes to the door looking at me like I'm wrong! Anytime I went to the front desk if it was NOT Brianna it was like I was bothering them to buy aspirin or ask a general question about the area. When I would walk out of the room and see housekeeping I'd say,"Good Morning" and I'd get a blank ugly stare. It was a very nice hotel with HORRIBLE customer service! I understand people aren't perfect but when I brought this to Mario the manager's attention he said in an email," I offered to call you, but these days I am hesitant to do so as there are so many bad things happening because of cell phones, cars and such." In other words they have my money and it's over in their books and they don't care. There was another hotel right beside them. The next time (if ever) I'm there I will be staying at the other hotel. DON'T BOTHER!

Room Tip: ASK FOR BRIANNA! She will know what's she's doing.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

In the past we have stayed at another hotel chain. After reading reviews on the Courtyard we decided to give them a try. From the moment we stepped into the lobby we knew we made a good judgement call. The staff was friendly and very accomodating. We had a king room. It was small but plenty of room for the two of us. The flat screen TV was huge, the largest I have seen in a hotel room that size. We had a view of the pool. Both the hotel's interior and the grounds around it were very clean. The location is great if you plan to shop or hit some of the restaurants
in the center of town. We will definitely stay at this location again.

Room Tip: We had a very quiet room on the second floor, west side looking at the pool and tennis courts.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Our family of four stayed here for an "overnighter" in order to see family for Christmas. We had a room with 2 queens but brought an air bed for one of our college age sons as they won't sleep together any more. The room was quite adequate for our needs, enough room for the air bed and we were comfortable for one night. I would say that I do not prefer the "in wall" climate control system they have in place as it's quite noisy during the night. It is controlled by a wall thermostat, however the fan is loud....I would guess this has more to do with the age of the building, as most newer Courtyards have ducted systems which we prefer....much more quiet. This Courtyard has a small "bistro" which sells coffee, breakfast, lunch or snack items with many tables a sitting areas to use. It also has a 2 station I.T. center for clients to use. Looked like a nice pool with 2 hot tubs but we did not have time to use them. Though a bit dated this Courtyard was a good choice for our needs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family