“Pleasant stay.....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 22 hotels in Palm Desert
Long Beach
“Pleasant stay.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Our family of four stayed here for an "overnighter" in order to see family for Christmas. We had a room with 2 queens but brought an air bed for one of our college age sons as they won't sleep together any more. The room was quite adequate for our needs, enough room for the air bed and we were comfortable for one night. I would say that I do not prefer the "in wall" climate control system they have in place as it's quite noisy during the night. It is controlled by a wall thermostat, however the fan is loud....I would guess this has more to do with the age of the building, as most newer Courtyards have ducted systems which we prefer....much more quiet. This Courtyard has a small "bistro" which sells coffee, breakfast, lunch or snack items with many tables a sitting areas to use. It also has a 2 station I.T. center for clients to use. Looked like a nice pool with 2 hot tubs but we did not have time to use them. Though a bit dated this Courtyard was a good choice for our needs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I liked the room. I found the bed to be very comfortable. Free wifi, free parking. The lobby area was very nice and updated. Staff was nice and very accommodating, allowing us to check in early. Nice view from our 3rd floor room (but blocked by a palm tree!). The bath towels were horrible and needed to be replaced. Nothing but an Applebees within walking distance, so you had to drive into town for your meals.

Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I'm usually a fan of the Courtyard hotels as they're a great value and super for quick visits or business travel. I've rated several Courtyards around the country "Excellent" in the last year or two here on TripAdvisor. So when I booked a room for one night in Palm Desert during the recent holiday, I had good expectations. I had stayed here once in 2009 and was surely thinking they must have updated the rooms by now, as they were pretty bad back then. Well, they haven't at all, as far as I can see, and the room I was given.

To be fair, let me first say what I do love about this Courtyard: The brand new lobby is fantastic, the food/breakfast and mini-market was great, the staff and service were wonderful overall, and the pool looked super for those with kids. Love the free internet. Great location too as it's just a minute off the I-10, walkable to many food places and markets, and near most everything Palm Desert has to offer.

But, the rooms... oh my. If they at least just updated the scratchy sheets, horrible beds, and flimsy towels, this could be a great hotel. The bed looked like it was set up on a board with no box spring, and was pretty hard to sleep on. The linens were scratchy and had an odd smell. the towels were very thin and I agree with the other reviewer who said they'd be more appropriate for washing dogs or cars. The furniture is really old (although I don't really care about that). There are a few odd design buggers in the room such as the miniscule sink counter space (see photo) and the closet door you can't really open (see photo).

We were given a room with a spa tub in it which is kind of funny -- it takes up half the room and you're sleeping with an old medical-looking bathtub next to your bed. (See photo.) I doubt anyone really uses these! They should just get rid of them and give us more space. There were very few outlets (unusual for a Courtyard hotel), and the wrong room number was listed on the phone near the bed (not good for an emergency).

But what really sent us over the edge was seeing what the mattress looked like. We weren't trying to even look... but the sheets don't fit properly and by the morning both corners of the sheets had rolled up on us, exposing the mattress. (Why is there no mattress pad?) Ewwwww! Well, see the photo here, but yes there was dried blood and other weird stains. We were totally grossed out.

This hotel needs to update its rooms, or at least its beds. People stay at hotels to sleep. The rest is a bonus. If they updated their beds we would likely stay here again and again.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a spa room - it's really a joke - i don't think anyone would want to...
Ontario, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

A very nice and clean facility with a very comfortable bed along with a wonder view in all directions.
The staff was very accommodating. They are completing renovation. Easy access off and on the freeway. It was a very relaxing weekend. Quiet neighborhood with convenient restaurants.
I would stay there again. Only complaint was no complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: 1st floor has 10 ft. ceilings.
La Mirada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard one night in October and it was a great getaway. We were greated by a friendly receptionist upon our stay and she offered a complimentary continental breakfast the next morning due to the rennovation that was in progress. The rennovation of the lobby did not bother us at all. In fact the new decor was very modern and upbeat. The room was very clean and modern and we had a view on the top floor overlooking the pool. The queen sized bed was comfortable and we were offered a late check out the next day since we wanted to lounge by the pool and shower afterward. Everything about our stay was excellent and it was not far from the shops on Via Paseo Drive and Agua Caliente for some gambling afterward. Thanks to the management and their staff for making this a very worthwhile stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top level so that you don't hear any noise from anyone above you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I visited the area for a wedding and this was the perfect place to rest between activities. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, and the pool was quiet and relaxing during our stay. The fitness room offered all we needed -- a couple of treadmills, some dumbbells, and a bike. All the staff members we encountered greeted us with a smile! The hotel was under construction during our visit. The staff went above and beyond to not let the guest experience suffer during this transitional time – they did not encroaching on amenities (they actually offered additional amenities like complimentary breakfast during construction), they displayed appropriate signage to redirect guests, and the contractors did not disturb the guests with messes or noise. As for the location – it was a breeze for us to get everywhere we needed to be and it was a short 20 minute drive to the airport (it was 4:30am).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Culver City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here about two months ago and liked it so much that I decided to bring my parents so they can unwind.. It was a good experience because it was very quiet which was what we were looking for. I loved the jacuzzi and the pool because it was empty. I know they were going through a construction but it didn't matter much to me because the service was good. The only thing I didn't like was that they only had one waffle maker in the breakfast area . I know it was free but I felt it was time consuming waiting to make your own waffles. Overall, I will come back again because of the peacefulness I found here.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Courtyard Palm Desert? Share your experiences!