“Nice facility” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 22 hotels in Palm Desert
Ontario, California
“Nice facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

A very nice and clean facility with a very comfortable bed along with a wonder view in all directions.
The staff was very accommodating. They are completing renovation. Easy access off and on the freeway. It was a very relaxing weekend. Quiet neighborhood with convenient restaurants.
I would stay there again. Only complaint was no complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: 1st floor has 10 ft. ceilings.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
La Mirada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard one night in October and it was a great getaway. We were greated by a friendly receptionist upon our stay and she offered a complimentary continental breakfast the next morning due to the rennovation that was in progress. The rennovation of the lobby did not bother us at all. In fact the new decor was very modern and upbeat. The room was very clean and modern and we had a view on the top floor overlooking the pool. The queen sized bed was comfortable and we were offered a late check out the next day since we wanted to lounge by the pool and shower afterward. Everything about our stay was excellent and it was not far from the shops on Via Paseo Drive and Agua Caliente for some gambling afterward. Thanks to the management and their staff for making this a very worthwhile stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top level so that you don't hear any noise from anyone above you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I visited the area for a wedding and this was the perfect place to rest between activities. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, and the pool was quiet and relaxing during our stay. The fitness room offered all we needed -- a couple of treadmills, some dumbbells, and a bike. All the staff members we encountered greeted us with a smile! The hotel was under construction during our visit. The staff went above and beyond to not let the guest experience suffer during this transitional time – they did not encroaching on amenities (they actually offered additional amenities like complimentary breakfast during construction), they displayed appropriate signage to redirect guests, and the contractors did not disturb the guests with messes or noise. As for the location – it was a breeze for us to get everywhere we needed to be and it was a short 20 minute drive to the airport (it was 4:30am).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Culver City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here about two months ago and liked it so much that I decided to bring my parents so they can unwind.. It was a good experience because it was very quiet which was what we were looking for. I loved the jacuzzi and the pool because it was empty. I know they were going through a construction but it didn't matter much to me because the service was good. The only thing I didn't like was that they only had one waffle maker in the breakfast area . I know it was free but I felt it was time consuming waiting to make your own waffles. Overall, I will come back again because of the peacefulness I found here.

• Stayed October 2012
Keystone, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Overall it was very good for the amount of money we paid for a week's stay. We booked thru American Airlines. The hotel is in a good location. However, currently the lobby is being renovated and eventually entire facility. There wasn't much construction noise, street side was quiet, pool area spacious. Breakfast was nothing special - cereal. Juice, bread, waffle. The rooms were clean, modestly decorated. There was no refrigerator or micro but when I asked about it they were delivered to room immediately. The staff is overly willing to please and very accommodating. I would stay here again but would check on construction progress. I think the renovations will include a new breakfast/kitchen area. Nice mountain views on frank Sinatra drive, rooms on pool side face large palm trees.

• Stayed October 2012
Westbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My two and a half drive from Los Angeles in March 2012 to this place in the dessert was like finding a true oasis. I had always heard how nice it was in the CA desert, but reality set in once we arrived.
We visited frinds in LA and decided to make the short trip. The Courtyard in Palm dessert was a beautiful facility, impeccably groomed, multiple pools that were well maintained and many great restaurants nearby. Staff and hospitality were excellent.
My only recommendation is that by late April the temperature gets too hot to enjoy such a beautiful destination.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were outstanding. We had a two bedroom unit ( with a lock out) a lovely dining and...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Irvine, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Two years ago this place was ok. This last weekend it was Motel 6.

Front desk welcome was luke warm. Not the usual welcoming manner of a Marriott. I am not expecting bells and whistles -but, at least a warm greeting and not a mumbled "hello."

Horrible odors in the halls. Our room didn't smell much better. The a/c did work - but not did not rid the room of the smoke smell 100%.

Bed was ok. TV was new.

Towels were paper thin and rough. Soap was cheap and ineffective. However ,the shampoo and conditioner were very good.

Doubt that we will stay here the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard Palm Desert? Share your experiences!